Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Eye See You
Which is weird because Gai wasn't even around until like day 120.

:laugh:

I came up with the Gai Coma theory after he was introduced but the Friendship is the greatest treasure thing I've been pushing since day one.

I'm really down for that coma theory. There needs to be some answers regarding Gai, especially when he was the one that didn't see JetBlack (Black Condor's new name for idiots).

I'm waiting on something big from Gai's storyline and I'm sure we will get our answers. But first we need true backstory episodes on Ahim and Don. I'm sick of Sentai whoring itself out to filler episodes all the time, give me fucking story.

So far the only real thing that I've enjoyed with Gokaiger besides the cameos was the Joe/Barizog story and that is pretty much it. I hope the show can do something more and on it's own after the final tribute/kaku episode.

Would like to change his avatar
But first we need true backstory episodes on Ahim and Don.

Ahim's episode is this week -- it sounds reminiscent of what happens with Shiima in Changeman. (The Zangyaku put in action the monster who's responsible for destroying her planet and she goes ape.)

I can't believe you hate Gokaiger so much, though. It's had its flaws and shortcomings, but I think it's the best attempt at an anniversary entry for Sentai. What would you prefer, Boukenger? :p

Eye See You
Ahim's episode is this week -- it sounds reminiscent of what happens with Shiima in Changeman. (The Zangyaku put in action the monster who's responsible for destroying her planet and she goes ape.)

I can't believe you hate Gokaiger so much, though. It's had its flaws and shortcomings, but I think it's the best attempt at an anniversary entry for Sentai. What would you prefer, Boukenger? :p

It bothers me I can't fully get into it as much as I want to. I've been rewatching random episodes as well, there is just something missing... I can't put my finger on it yet.

It's not the series itself, it's me. It's like I watch it, enjoy it, but don't care about it. Does that make sense?.

The only thing I felt was weak was young Gills. He was useless. I'm hoping **** kicks into high gear with the arrival of father. One could also kinda link this to Kakuranger considering it was Gasha Skull in lead, then died, then daddy arrived.

I think what I might need to actually do is watch some classic Sentai. It's been years since doing so and could revive my full love for the franchise but there is still no denying that current Tokusatsu in general is watered down crap compared to the old school.

Nice post!!
Gokaiger is a show that strikes me as being mostly about style. There's not a lot of substance underlying its story, nor do I think there's really intended to be.

It handles the anniversary aspects really well because that's part of its style, but Gokaiger as a show actually does precious little I enjoy in Sentai otherwise. Mainly, its plots serve to remind me of similar, better plots from other shows I've seen already.

Which, to be fair, might be what the show is going for. I mean, we know Arakawa can be wildly original when he wants to be. It'd be fair to decide that an anniversary show isn't the place for it.

always henshining'
I came up with the Gai Coma theory after he was introduced but the Friendship is the greatest treasure thing I've been pushing since day one.

damn i hate every crazy theory regarding Gai :laugh:

as for the Greatest Treasure of the universe. i used to hate the 'Earth is the treasure' theory too but now that i know the characters and given the context of the story it kind of does make sense.
Earth could symbolize a new home and a new beginning for the pirates who lost everything and had nothing to protect.

friendship makes no sense in my view, Gokaiger have such a strong bond already it wouldnt mean anything to them

Minato Ascending
Gokaiger is a show that strikes me as being mostly about style. There's not a lot of substance underlying its story, nor do I think there's really intended to be.

It handles the anniversary aspects really well because that's part of its style, but Gokaiger as a show actually does precious little I enjoy in Sentai otherwise. Mainly, its plots serve to remind me of similar, better plots from other shows I've seen already.

Which, to be fair, might be what the show is going for. I mean, we know Arakawa can be wildly original when he wants to be. It'd be fair to decide that an anniversary show isn't the place for it.

While I agree that Gokaiger is mostly about style, I think the way they set up this series, with maybe 1/3 or more eps pertain to tribute to past sentai series, contributed to this style. Except for the Joe/Barizorg storyline there isn't that many plots relating to the Gokaigers in this series, and so it feels like there's less substance and more flash instead. However, since this is an anniversary series and tributes are a huge aspect of the show, this is to be expected and I think the show works better than Bourkenger.

Last edited:
Raxbait: Hip

....so far, yeah I would =P