Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Eye See You
Episode 35 -

Overall a fun episode, I liked it more than I thought I would to be honest. Once again Gai's reaction to the alumni was sheer brilliance. Sosuke was pretty cool in this episode too. Some actual funny moments, not silly pointless crap that Sentai normally feeds us.

Some minor complaints though

1. The Gokaiger are hesitant to fight for another world... aren't all 5 of these idiots from other worlds. They have no issue protecting Earth which is not they're home yet when it comes to helping an alumni that has given them a grand power already then they have an issue.

2. Luka didn't know what a Go-Onger was YET in the movie flashback scene it was Go-On Yellow that gave them the grand power AND Luke has used the Go-Onger key before as well. I think she might be stupider than Don acts.

3. The scene where the team transformed into the Dekaranger was totally killed for me with whatever lame fight music they were playing, '00 Sentai has a nasty habbit of doing this. They should have played the Dekaranger theme even though it wasn't a Deka episode.

Machalcon looks freaking awesome and I did like the twist at the end where the 2nd President of the Giark revealed everything was a plan to get them out of Human World.

That Ban only had one line and about a minute of screentime. :sly:

The fact that he actually seemed like a normal human being and a professional in that minute of screen time.

always henshining'
Some minor complaints though

1. The Gokaiger are hesitant to fight for another world... aren't all 5 of these idiots from other worlds. .

that is because there was nothing to gain this time , but they actually bring this up at the end of episode 36 !

I love GokaiOh. I love the mecha's are stored in Gokai Galleon. But the way the mecha is done in Gokaiger is by far the blandest. You have the five pieces of GokaiOh, and then the sixth heroes mecha. But the rest are just clutters of forgettable auxiliary mechas.

The way Gekiranger did this auxiliary didn't bother me, because the idea was that each of the main three get their own auxiliary mecha. I prefer Ultimate DaiBouken over Shinken GokaiOh any day. Hell, I think G-12 EngineOh was way cooler than Shinken GokaiOh. While I'm at it, why don't I just say that the Karakuri Manto of Karakuri Ball No.09 or Karakuri Stamp of Karakuri Ball No.13 were much more interesting.

I wouldn't mind if they had just ONE auxiliary mecha that was meant to be the Big Daddy of them all like King Brachion from Zyuranger or Dai Mugen from Dairanger. Hell, Tsubasamaru wasn't a bother because it was meant to be one of the big three.

All of the Gokaiger auxiliary mecha is just forgettable. There is no innovation whats so ever.

always henshining'
that was a very confusing post
what G-12 has to do with Shinken Gokai-oh?
G-12 was a moving city clusterfuck, same to the horrible Ultimate Dai bouken. there is no reason to compare them to Shinken, but to Kanzen Gokai-oh. the latter looks far prettier btw

that was a very confusing post
what G-12 has to do with Shinken Gokai-oh?
G-12 was a moving city clusterfuck, there is no reason to compare it to Shinken, but to Kanzen Gokai-oh. the latter looks far prettier btw

The whole point of that post was that I think the way the mecha was done in Gokaiger was just bland. It had no innovation. I didn't mind Gokai-Oh, or Goujyujin. But the series had clutters of auxiliary mecha.

As for the G-12 comment, what I was saying was that I think that was more interesting than what Gokaiger did with their mecha.

The difference between G-12 and Ultimate DaiBouken is that Ultimate DaiBouken is their primary mecha combining with the secondary mecha (DaiTanken) they never use until the movie and late in the series. G-12 is Go-Onger's primary mecha combining with three other mechas. So Ultimate DaiBouken is the combination between two giant robots which we've seen before, but this time around both are five pieces. G-12 is the combination between four different robots.

always henshining'
i know what you mean. i am just saying that Gokai-oh follows the same steps from Shinken-oh or Geki Tohja/Geki Fire, the auxiliary piece pattern has been done many times

Shinken Gokai-oh is this years' version of Tora-Shinkenoh or Geki BatTohja, as in just a separate new piece. but If you still wanna compare G-12 and DaiBouken to something, then take Kanzen Gokai-oh

IMHO G-12 was a monstruosity done for the sake of combining every possible piece, even if it looks terrible
personally i am glad they're not going with this route this year

Last edited:
but there is no reason to compare clusterfucks and one simple combination, you are talking like Shinken Gokai-oh is this years' ultimate mech

G-12 was a monstruosity done for the sake of combining every possible piece, even if it looks terrible, same goes for Daibouken and Ha-oh
personally i am glad they're not going with this route this year

Ultimate DaiBouken didn't have Go Go Vehicles 11-18, and if you want to be technical, G-12 doesn't have the wheel, nor the primary mecha's special version (Sigma Project, Gao God, ect) DaiShogun.

I don't think Gokaiger needs to go the Boukenger, Go-Onger, or Shinkenger route. It doesn't need to go there. I'm just saying that it could do more than just have extra auxiliary mechas that are nothing but add ons to Gokai-Oh. Why not have a secondary five piece mecha where each of the pieces incorporates different Sentai series. Like Gokai Red's would incorporate Maskman, or something like that. I don't mind having other auxiliary mechas here and there just as long as they don't over do it. If they did that route and still have Kanzen Gokai-Oh as that ultimate mecha, I would be a happy camper.

always henshining'
you said that:

The way Gekiranger did this auxiliary didn't bother me, because the idea was that each of the main three get their own auxiliary mecha.

i think you are missing the point , Gokai-oh and Geki Fire/Tohja follow a similar pattern
in Gekiranger each master gave them a new auxiliary. in Gokaiger, each selected Sentai gives them their own, new auxiliary. see ? they are both coherent with each series' motif

.....and didnt Shinkenger go with the same route ?
they had more robots , but the upgrades were still formed from auxiliary pieces

you said that:

i think you are missing the point , Gokai-oh and Geki Fire/Tohja follow a similar pattern
in Gekiranger each master gave them a new auxiliary. in Gokaiger, each selected Sentai gives them their own, new auxiliary. see ? they are both coherent with each series' motif

.....and didnt Shinkenger go with the same route ?
they had more robots , but the upgrades were still formed from auxiliary pieces

In Gekiranger, they only did the in the beginning. Each member had their own. Geki Red had Geki Shark, Geki Blue had Geki Bat, and Geki Yellow had Geki Elephant. Then after that, they got their secondary mecha, then Geki Violet comes and gets his own. Later Geki Chopper shows up and gets his own. Finally Rio and Mele each had their own from the start.

Shinkenger was the same thing though, except they could combine to become a secondary mecha sort of. It's more like the plane from Goranger. Shinken Red gets the Tora Origami, Shinken Green (with I guess you could say Shinken Pink sharing it) gets the Kabuto Origami, and Shinken Blue (with I guess you could say Shinken Yellow sharing it) gets the Kajiki Origami. After that, then comes Shinken Gold and his mecha, later his auxiliary mecha. Then in a movie, they get the Kyoryu Origami, and finally later in the series they get Shinken Red's personal own mecha and the support mecha.

Gekiranger
-GekiTohja
-Three Auxiliary Geki Beast
-Geki Fire
-Geki Wolf
-SaiDaiOh
-Geki Lion and Chameleon

Shinkenger
-ShinkenOh
-DaiTenku
-DaiKaiOh
-Ika Origami