Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

"Training."
So...ready for Kanzen Gokai-oh spamming?

Also...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVve11qbeQg&feature=related"]????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

Dairanger forever.

Lurker
As for ShinkenRed-hime we've never really had someone like her before so I can get why they lumped her into the extra's. I mean she didn't even really belong on the team. She tried to take her place as leader but she knew that there was no place for her on that team, technically Takeru is the "extra" Red.

How in the world is Takeru the "extra ranger" exactly? He's the one who has been in throughout the entire Shinkenger series as well as the main Shinkenger movies as well as in Shinkenger Vs. Go-Onger & Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger.

At least, if that's what you're trying to make of it...

Shinken Red female is definitely not an extra hero. As for the ally helpers (with the exception of Kuro Kishi), I agree that they're the ally helpers of their respective teams. I definitely place Big One, Green Sai, Black Bison, Kuwagata Raiger, Kabuto Raiger, Abare Black, Geki Violet, Go-On Green, and Go-On Black as the same category as Deka Master and Wolzard.

The difference is, is that, Kaoru only played as a Red color for 4-5 episodes of Shinkenger, & only made a small cameo in Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger & in two episodes of Gokaiger. That's why she's considered a Bangai heroine. Most of the other rangers that you mentioned played in more than 5 episodes of their respective series, so they wouldn't exactly be in the Bangai hero category. Signalman, Kurokishi Hyuuga, DekaSwan, DekaMaster, Wolzard Fire, Magimother, Zubaan, Rio, Mele, & Princess Kaoru, however, does fit into the Bangai hero/Bangai heroine category.

Last edited:
WHOOOO JUST THE BROS!!!
How in the world is Takeru the "extra ranger" exactly? He's the one who has been in throughout the entire Shinkenger series as well as the main Shinkenger movies as well as in Shinkenger Vs. Go-Onger & Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger.

At least, if that's what you're trying to make of it...
I said technically he was the extra because he was never suppose to be on the team. She was suppose to be there leader. He was just a stand in for her until she came back from training. That's why when she did come back he left the team for those few episodes. I'm not saying he is the extra ranger I'm just saying as far as the Shiba clan goes he was suppose to be just an "extra".

Minato Ascending
I said technically he was the extra because he was never suppose to be on the team. She was suppose to be there leader. He was just a stand in for her until she came back from training. That's why when she did come back he left the team for those few episodes. I'm not saying he is the extra ranger I'm just saying as far as the Shiba clan goes he was suppose to be just an "extra".

Well, in ep 48 Kaoru anointed Takeru as her heir apparent, so he became the leader of Shiba clan and took the mantle as ShinkenRed officially. So technically, he is no longer a kagemusha but the real head of Shiba clan and the Shinkengers.

Minato Ascending
I know that but do you get what I was trying to say?

You said that Takeru, for all intents and purposes, was the extra ranger because he was just a stand-in for Kaoru until he became the heir apparent. But while it was true in terms of storyline, Takeru was never treated as an extra before or after the revelation that he's the kagemusha, as Kaoru never got anything beyond the status as a guest-star in the regular series, and after ep 48 he shouldn't be considered as one, anyway.

Kaori is like Ryuuya from Timeranger. Just because Kaori was only for four episodes doesn't mean she should be considered an extra hero. She is simply just another person using the Shinken Red powers. She's probably best looked at as a secondary Shinken Red.

Hidden Masta, you made a good point on how Sentai teams operate in their own ways. There is no true classification of a sixth ranger or an extra ranger, or even maybe their team pet. It just depends on what the writers want them to be used for.

[ hide] Here is how I look at a three people team (four in JAKQ). So far, all of the three people teams have been red, blue, and yellow. I like to think of yellow being the yellow hero, but at the same time sort of filling in for green.

JAKQ vs Goranger is what gave me this view. Aka Ranger and Spade Ace worked with each other, Mido Ranger and Clover King worked with each other, Ao Ranger and Dia Jack worked with each other, Momo Ranger and Heart Queen worked with each other, and Big One's role was almost like Deka Masters in Dekaranger vs Abaranger. Now who did Ki Ranger worked with? He was grouped in with Mido Ranger when working with Clover King.

As for blue, I like to think of blue as being the blue hero while filling in for pink regardless of gender. Now I will get to this later.

As for Liveman, Hurricanger, and Go-Onger here is more in depth of how I see them. Yes, I look at them as being extras. In Liveman, for the two other Liveman who show up later, I see Green Sai as Blue Dolphin's counterpart, and Black Bison as Yellow Lion's counterpart. Blue Dolphin does co pilots Green Sai's mecha, while Yellow Lion co pilots Black Bison's mecha. It's the other way around when using Live Robo. Since Hurricanger is a homage to Liveman, Kuwagata Raiger is clearly meant to be like Green Sai and Kabuto Raiger is clearly meant to be like Black Bison. Therefore making Kabuto Raiger Hurricane Yellow's counterpart (when not bringing up Hurricane Red) and Kuwagata Raiger is Hurricane Blue's counterpart. It's the same thing with Go-Onger, mainly because Go-On Blue suit is ranked the highest of the main three not bringing up Go-On Red, and Go-On Green is ranked the highest of the secondary two.

In Hurricanger vs Gaoranger, Gao Red worked with Hurricane Red and Gao Silver worked with Shurikenger. Now based on my way of thinking, Gao Blue and Gao White would work with Hurricane Blue while Gao Yellow and Gao Black worked with Hurricane Yellow. Well that's not really the case. Gao White worked with Hurricane Blue while Gao Blue worked with her Goraiger counterpart Kuwagata Raiger (Since crossovers seem to group people together based on sex), and Gao Yellow worked with Hurricane Yellow while Gao Black worked with his Goraiger counterpart Kabuto Raiger.

Gao Blue worked with Kuwagata Raiger while Gao White worked with Gao Blue. Since Gokaiger does it right and not let sex get in the way, Gokai Blue is Hurricane Blue while Gokai Pink is Kuwagata Raiger. So this explains why I would like to think of blue being the blue hero of the team while filling in for pink.

It's hard to put Big One, Abare Black, Geki Violet and Geki Chopper in this category. In JAKQ and Abaranger, the red heroes of both teams are the older siblings, while Big One and Abare Black are the daddies of those teams. Geki Violet uses forbidden powers (which is something you'd expect of sixth heroes), and Geki Chopper powers is seperate from the teams more than Geki Violet.

I admit that Gokaiger does this only with Hurricanger, with Liveman and Go-Onger they just have them do it by color. This is why I don't 100% trust how Gokaiger classes heroes. I trust it, but not 100%. [/ hide]

You said that Takeru, for all intents and purposes, was the extra ranger because he was just a stand-in for Kaoru until he became the heir apparent. But while it was true in terms of storyline, Takeru was never treated as an extra before or after the revelation that he's the kagemusha, as Kaoru never got anything beyond the status as a guest-star in the regular series, and after ep 48 he shouldn't be considered as one, anyway.
That all I was trying to say man. That's all. I never said Takeru was not the leader.

*insert Wall of Text*
I don't want to be mean—meaning I probably will be—but do we really need to be discussing this?
I mean, you're right: Gokaiger's classification of what constitute the core team, an extra ranger or an extra hero can be peculiar, but at the end of the day it is all arbitrary to begin with.

I don't want to be mean—meaning I probably will be—but do we really need to be discussing this?
I mean, you're right: Gokaiger's classification of what constitute the core team, an extra ranger or an extra hero can be peculiar, but at the end of the day it is all arbitrary to begin with.

There's nothing else to discuss at the moment actually. :loltongue: