Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

Eye See You
Yeah, it's strange...I hated Gils as a villain AND a character, but seeing him die like that...just wow. Once the Emperor hears word of of his death...damn **** is going to hit the fan.

I'm going to admit that the highlight of this guy was episode 37. He only then became interesting on for him to drop dead in ep 38, a waste.

I was not expecting them to kill of Gil like that, did anyone else feel that it was a bit...early to do so?

Are you new to Sentai?. If anything he got killed off late, normally a villain like him gets nailed before episode 30.

You can guess but I think they were just making a really cool robot.

Nah man. It's an anniversary series, the minute an evil mecha shows up it's gotta be some sort of tribute to past evil mecha. This one here had similar designs to Balzion (Bioman) and Cyclopsus (from Zyuranger, forgot the Zyuranger name).

Kuuguitar
I'm going to admit that the highlight of this guy was episode 37. He only then became interesting on for him to drop dead in ep 38, a waste.

Are you new to Sentai?. If anything he got killed off late, normally a villain like him gets nailed before episode 30.

Nah man. It's an anniversary series, the minute an evil mecha shows up it's gotta be some sort of tribute to past evil mecha. This one here had similar designs to Balzion (Bioman) and Cyclopsus (from Zyuranger, forgot the Zyuranger name).

That would be Dora Talos.

Kuuguitar
I kind of wish I had Gai's Sentai encyclopedia. At least I have fan sites.

Lurker
I think the reason why Machfalcon was included in the final combination (other than 'toys') was because Machfalcon was accepted as a member of the Gokaigers. This was a unification of the entire crew, so Machfalcon, as a part of that crew, being a major part in the final GokaiOh combination is pretty plausible.

That's what saved the final combo for me. My first thought was "Why do you need Machalcon for a Gokaiger Power" but I then remembered he was made a member. Still not crazy about what's technically a Go-onger character being part of a mecha that represents the Gokaiger's ultimate power, but I can go with it.

I think it would've been better if they had revealed this earlier, so we'll know that Walz Gil wasn't just an idiot, but he had some serious issues underneath his cowardly exterior. I do think that both ep 37 & 38 shed new light on this villain, and redeemed him somewhat at least perception-wise.

I loved this episode, but I agree with the above. He should've shown this a little more before now. It still worked and provided a bit of a surprise, but we should've had an inkling that there was more to him than whiny prince. Maybe he still was, since through it all he assumed Damarasu was just a baby sitter and never listened for a second. You know, maybe these episodes didn't change Gil that much after all...other than his living status.

My biggest problem is that it isn't a full combo of the mecha in question, like Ground GoseiGreat or DaiKaiShinkenOh. And that as the final Gokaiger mecha it's not an "all-mecha clusterfuck", which would make sense for an anniversary series :sweat:

True, but I'm glad. All those "clusterfucks" were ugly and ruined pretty cool looking mecha. I'm glad Gokaiger changed that. The design is still a little busy, but it looks way better than what the Goseiger and Shinkenger got saddled with.

Welcome
I have a feeling that Damaras cared about Walz like he was his little brother.It seemed like Damaras was always trying to keep him safe and he was pretty pissed off when Walz died.

Minato Ascending
I have a feeling that Damaras cared about Walz like he was his little brother.It seemed like Damaras was always trying to keep him safe and he was pretty pissed off when Walz died.

Yeah, it seems like he's angry about Walz Gil's death like Walz did when he heard Barizorg's demise. Okay, maybe not as dramatic, but he was definitely seething.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
By the way, is Naruhisa Arakawa getting replaced, or what? He hasn't written anything since #34, and isn't set to write #39 or #40 either.

#41 is Ahim's backstory episode, so he will probably write that one. He wrote Luka's and Joe's backstory episodes and also Gai's introduction

It makes me really sad that Sid never answered the question about whether Joe had saved his soul. I kind of took that to mean the answer is no ... Poor Sid :(

always henshining'
It makes me really sad that Sid never answered the question about whether Joe had saved his soul. I kind of took that to mean the answer is no ... Poor Sid :(

i swear i saw Sid nodding when Joe asked him
and is it me or was Sid's actor about to cry ? look at his eyes in the end of that scene