Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ver.FOURze Created by the majestic, magnificent HIDDEN MASTA!

In Justice, We Trust!
Yeah, it's strange...I hated Gils as a villain AND a character, but seeing him die like that...just wow. Once the Emperor hears word of of his death...damn **** is going to hit the fan.

always henshining'
Once the Emperor hears word of of his death...damn **** is going to hit the fan.

in the next episode preview it is possible to see that the reward for Marvelous' head reached an unlimited amount and the space newspaper is telling to kill them immediately
i am guessing he is not happy :laugh:

Although Toei made Kento Shimoyama write Goseiger vs Shinkenger, so someone obviously holds him in high regards.

According to the Japanese wiki, he was recommended to Toei by Kobayashi - which is actually kind of odd from an outsider perspective because they've only worked together once (Keroro Gunso 2nd season - and Kobayashi only wrote two episodes for that).

二番目の翻訳者
Looks like he was trained by Urasawa, the Carranger main writer. He probably knows Kobayashi from non-project professional contexts.

I think it would've been better if they had revealed this earlier, so we'll know that Walz Gil wasn't just an idiot, but he had some serious issues underneath his cowardly exterior. I do think that both ep 37 & 38 shed new light on this villain, and redeemed him somewhat at least perception-wise.

The more I think about it, the more I think that was the point. We were supposed to see Walz Gil as a wuss, because that's how the other villains—particularly Damaras—saw him. We too were guilty of writing him off as some kind of spoiled brat (which he was too, in a way). And now that he's dead, we kind of share Damaras's guilt: Walz Gil is dead because he wanted to prove TO*US what he was worth, and in that sense, we are kind of responsible for his death.

Damaras is the main villain. He always was, in fact, but now it's obvious.

Last edited:
DAIMON PAWNCH
Soldier: Sire, your son, Walls guil is dead.

Emperor: Good, he was adopted any way.

always henshining'
The more I think about it, the more I think that was the point. We were supposed to see Walz Gil as a wuss, because that's how the other villains—particularly Damaras—saw him. We too were guilty of writing him off as some kind of spoiled brat (which he was too, in a way). And now that he's dead, we kind of share Damaras's guilt: Walz Gil is dead because he wanted to prove TO*US what he was worth, and in that sense, we are kind of responsible for his death.

very good analysis !
while its true that they are foreshadowing Damaras as something else since the beginning we cant discard Basco and the Emperor just yet, tho'

You certainly have a point right there.

I think Gai and Barizorg deserved an episode to themselves to end their conflict but what we got was good, though.

The black and white contrasts for Marv and Joe's talks with their respective mentors was a pretty nice touch. Who was the director for this episode?

Wow, this is a very interesting analysis. I think you just made me love Gokaiger more than I already did. :laugh:

Also kinda interesting how the Sentai fan (Gai) was one of six who killed Walz Gil. Never thought I'd feel sorry for Gil, but I can't help it. Gonna miss him. Oh well, he had it coming. His father must be a horrible person.

Gil's relationship to Damaras is quite interesting imo. I'm curious to see how Damaras will be handled for the remainder of the series. In some ways, as a Sentai fan, I feel like I was also in similar shoes to Damaras and his views on what was going on around him, like with Walz Gil himself.

The black and white contrasts for Marv and Joe's talks with their respective mentors was a pretty nice touch. Who was the director for this episode?

Katsuya Watanabe directed 37-38.
He and Noboru Takemoto (Goseiger vs Shinkenger, 199 Battle, and the upcoming 39-40) are probably the best Sentai directors these days, in my view.

Gil's relationship to Damaras is quite interesting imo.

It really is. I wasn't expecting Damaras to genuinely care about him, it's kind of a refreshing turn.
Speaking of which, see how different his reaction and Insarn's were...she was more worried and impressed by Great Walz being destroyed, while didn't see to mind Walz Gil's death at all.

Last edited: