Status
Not open for further replies.
Minato Ascending
ep 34 - amazing. I love Luka.

btw... is it just me or has Gokaiger reached a point where I watch every episode and think it's great, but never blown away again like the first ep. it's a solid series imo, but... i dunno something seems to be missing in me recently; i don't get that rush that i did with the first few eps.

and i was thinking... Gokaiger depends a lot on the tributes to keep the series going & thank God every single actor (yep including Gai, however annoying I find his actor to be) is pretty darn good... that makes the show even more interesting to watch :D

I still get amazed by their Gokai Changes into other sentai teams, but the best action sequences seemed to be from their first two episodes, with the weapon swap and the quick Gokai Changes to deal with the MOTW. Except for this episode, I found their mech battle to be rather lackluster lately, or maybe it is because I'm just tired of Hurricane GokaiOh. I do think Gokaiger's strong cast makes up for some of their deficiencies, though.

Last edited:
Nice post!!
I still get amazed by their Gokai Changes into other sentai teams, but the best action sequences seemed to be from their first two episodes, with the weapon swap and the quick Gokai Changes to deal with the MOTW.

The first couple eps of Gokaiger were more lavishly produced than the rest of the show, in retrospect. There's a lot of little touches in the fights, ADR, and direction that later episodes just stopped bothering with.

Kuuguitar
The first couple eps of Gokaiger were more lavishly produced than the rest of the show, in retrospect. There's a lot of little touches in the fights, ADR, and direction that later episodes just stopped bothering with.

Aren't the first two episodes typically the biggest ones for a Sentai/Rider production, anyway?

Also, yeah, one of the weaknesses of Gokaiger is its mecha fights, especially for tribute episodes. It's like the giant robot fights are there just because they have to have those.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I feel like Gokaiger has entered a lull that is only intermittently disturbed by the occasional exceptional tribute episodes. Kind of like the lull that OOO went through before Lost Ankh's debut.

That being said, it does have some great episodes from time to time, but episode 34 wasn't the most amazing thing.

Would like to change his avatar
That being said, it does have some great episodes from time to time, but episode 34 wasn't the most amazing thing.

I didn't care for episode 34 myself. And knowing that next up is the Go-onger two-parter...ugh. Where's November's summaries already, dammit? What got me through August's lackluster episodes was knowing that Condor, Lion and Abare Blue were around the corner.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
There's been a serious lack of scans and summaries since someone got in trouble for doing that.

Eye See You
vlcsnap2011101603h46m30.png

did you think it's the emperor ???

Good eye. That's gotta be him.

Kuuguitar
I feel like Gokaiger has entered a lull that is only intermittently disturbed by the occasional exceptional tribute episodes. Kind of like the lull that OOO went through before Lost Ankh's debut.

I dunno, YMMV. It was a pretty good stand-alone episode (though granted Kirihiko + Megaranger + No Gold Mode + Actually OK mecha fight is what got me)

I didn't care for episode 34 myself. And knowing that next up is the Go-onger two-parter...ugh. Where's November's summaries already, dammit? What got me through August's lackluster episodes was knowing that Condor, Lion and Abare Blue were around the corner.

I dunno, Gokaiger might do this better than Go-onger itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.