Kaiju no Kami Reviews - Hikari Sentai Maskman (1987) Series

D

Dr Kain

After using science and technology for its themes from the last several years, Hirosa Soda decided to build Maskman up as a martial arts based series utilizing Ki energy known as Aura Power for its focus, paving the way for concepts that would ferment during the 90s. Is Maskman as energetic as its theme? Watch to find out.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I'm kind of surprised you didn't mention Tadao Nagahama's Robot Romance trilogy in this, Maskman was intended to be a homage to that since Nagahama's mecha anime were the inspiration for adding mecha to Sentai starting with Battle Fever J. I disagree with some things you said, but you nailed the hammer on the head for mentioning Great Five unjustly being absent for so long since Galaxy Robo took over kaiju fight scenes.

D

Dr Kain

To be honest, I don't know much about the trilogy since I've never seen it, so I didn't want to talk about something I had absolutely no knowledge about. I guess I can always bring that up in a future review of the DVD release (assuming Shout! Factory does get to Maskman).