I'm liking everyone's entries so far.

[hide] Sonozaki Raito, better known as Phillip, is the protagonist of the tragedy known as “Kamen Rider Double.” Initially, I thought Phillip, in hairclips and long outfits, was a girl. My mom was shocked to realize that he’s a boy.

Phillip had had a great childhood with a loving family. It didn’t last long when he died and came back with magical abilities. It must have been traumatizing for Phillip to witness his father scarring his mother’s face and her leaving afterward because of him. Since then, Phillip had his memory erased to be isolated and exploited by his greedy father. Then came Narumi Sokichi, who risked his life so Phillip may have freedom with a new name. Phillip repaid Sokichi’s kindness by joining detective, Shotaro Hidari, in a new start to fight crimes and protect Fuuto’s citizens as Kamen Rider Double.

Phillip’s ability to access the Gaia Library for world information may be useful, but it’s his respectful nature that is priceless. Despite his boss, Akiko, may be annoying, Phillip still calls her with a friendly, “Ak-Chan.” In episode two, he forgave Shotaro easily for punching him. Phillip is selfless in that he has no need for pride or recognition, as long as he fulfills others’ needs.

Phillip has never shown hatred towards his family members despite of attempts to kill his friends, or kidnap him. Rather, he even addresses them in honorific form after regaining his memories. He admired radio star Wakana, not knowing that she’s his sister. Yet, he didn’t feel grossed out when he learned the truth, but simply referred to her as “Onee-san.” Phillip can access all the knowledge in the world, but he rather be able to access the goodness in people’s hearts. His wish to save his family during the last arcs, clearly reflects that. With so much unfortunate events happening to Phillip, he had never asked once “why me,” but instead faced his problems head on.

Although I knew he would return, Phillip’s disappearance was the first time I tear up in Tokusatsu. I’ve spent the week pondering of his return in the final episode. I even dreamed about him and I transforming into Double. Hearing that “Yeah, Shotaro” after suddenly appearing in the last episode made my heart swelled up with joy.

Without much experience, young actor, Masaki Suda, has portrayed Phillip splendidly. How do you even act so cool or badass looking like that? Even though Phillip may be just data, he strives to live to the fullest while protecting his friends and family. He showed money and power are nothing compared to true love. Phillip represents mankind’s innocence and potential. We should all look to him as a role model - just not in his fashion sense.
[/hide]

And regarding about future prizes, I think anything Tokusatsu is good as long as it gets the community hyped up.

Last edited:
Time for the countdown.
Hmm let me that a shot at this.

My favorite Kamen Rider and series is Kamen Rider Double. Why? It is because of the concepts and the action scenes that were incorporated into the show/movies. Okay lets start off by explaining what I felt liked about Kamen Rider Double. He was the first Kamen Rider to do a double combination using two different people really made him stick out well. The two characters that form double, Hidari Shotaro and Philip did a great job playing their roles. The double henshin sequence was also amazing to see. However this also hindered him at times. Because he was two separate entities when either of them were busy or holding their ground they were not able to form Kamen Rider. His suit designs were also well made especially with the unique look to each side of his suit. Also his belt concept was genius by using gaia memories it quickly made Kamen Rider Double my most favorite.

Now let me explain what I liked about the show. The main characters were also well developed and there were a lot of twists and turns in the plot which kept me in my interest of the show. Although there were only a few riders I felt as though it was a good choice to keep it limited so that it could support character development to them. Also the many forms also played a key role to help support it. Those forms helped Kamen Rider double create a wide variety of different combos and stunning final moves to send the villains packing.

Kamen Rider Double's movie also did its job to help support the show. In the Kamen Rider Double Decade Movie Taisen: Begins Night it explained the background story of the main supporting characters leading up the first episode of the series. They do this by showing how Philip and Shotaro first met together and how they formed Kamen Rider Double for the first time. At the end of the day the show really did a great job in its run but its lasting impact really did make it awesome even as it reached its end.

Last edited:
Seoul Tokusatsu Addict
I'm liking everyone's entries so far.

[hide] Sonozaki Raito, better known as Phillip, is the protagonist of the tragedy known as “Kamen Rider Double.†Initially, I thought Phillip, in hairclips and long outfits, was a Korean girl. My mom was shocked to realize that he’s a boy.

Phillip had had a great childhood with a loving family. It didn’t last long when he died and came back with magical abilities. It must have been traumatizing for Phillip to witness his father scarring his mother’s face and her leaving afterwards because of him. Since then, Phillip had his memory erased to be isolated and exploited by his greedy father. Then came Narumi Sokichi, who risked his life so Phillip may have freedom with a new name. Phillip repaid Sokichi’s kindness by joining detective, Shotaro Hidari, in a new start to fight crimes and protect Fuuto’s citizens as Kamen Rider Double.

Phillip’s ability to access the Gaia Library for world information may be useful, but it’s his respectful nature that is priceless. Despite his boss, Akiko, may be annoying, Phillip still calls her with a friendly, “Ak-Chan.†In episode two, he forgave Shotaro easily for punching him. Phillip is selfless in that he has no need for pride or recognition, as long as he fulfills others’ needs.

Phillip has never shown hatred towards his family members despite of attempts to kill his friends, or kidnap him. Rather, he even addresses them in honorific form after regaining his memories. He admired radio star Wakana, not knowing that she’s his sister. Yet, he didn’t feel grossed out when he learned the truth, but simply referred to her as “Onee-san.†Phillip can access all the knowledge in the world, but he rather be able to access the goodness in people’s hearts. His wish to save his family during the last arcs, clearly reflects that. With so much unfortunate events happening to Phillip, he had never asked once “why me,†but instead faced his problems head on.

Although I knew he would return, Phillip’s disappearance was the first time I tear up in Tokusatsu. I’ve spent the week pondering of his return in the final episode. I even dreamt about him and I transforming into Double. Hearing that “Yeah, Shotaro†after suddenly appearing in the last episode made my heart swelled up with joy.

Without much experience, young actor, Masuda Saki, has portrayed Phillip splendidly. How do you even act so cool or badass looking like that? Even though Phillip may be just data, he strives to live to the fullest while protecting his friends and family. He showed money and power are nothing compared to true love. Phillip represents mankind’s innocence and potential. We should all look to him as a role model - just not in his fashion sense.
[/hide]

And regarding about future prizes, I think anything Tokusatsu is good as long as it gets the community hyped up.

I think the next round a prizes will be 2 of thebee zectors. I'll also be throwing in any spare gashapon toys etc that I have.

PARTY HARD
Oh damn...less than 500 words? I think you need to change that...well, leaving 500 as a maximum, you should at least have a minimum that people can't go under. Because...I'm prone to writing more than 500....

Seoul Tokusatsu Addict
Oh damn...less than 500 words? I think you need to change that...well, leaving 500 as a maximum, you should at least have a minimum that people can't go under. Because...I'm prone to writing more than 500....

Sorry, I just don't have the time to read more than that. *Points to her full time job.* I think most people understand that submitting 100 words is probably not going to win you anything unless they're amazingly profound.

PARTY HARD
....So what, 250 minimum? 300? Sorry, it's hard being so specific. Though, this does seem interesting to try out...

[hide]At first, Kamen Rider was introduced to me through Saban’s Masked Rider when I was a kid, and God, did I love that abomination when I was a kid…What were the odds that my all time favorite super hero show aside from Power Rangers would find its way back to me nearly 12 years later, when Kamen Rider Kabuto caught my interest. And being so curious about the series, I did research, looking up Wikipedia on the other series before Kabuto: Hibiki, Blade, 555, Ryuki, Agito, Kuuga, and going farther into the Showa Era. But if I had to say, from the 1999/2000 series “Kamen Rider Kuuga” to the most recent “Kamen Rider OOO”, I’d have to say…Kamen Rider Ryuki.

The reason why I’ve grown to love Kamen Rider was because, in Power Rangers, no one, even the civilians and bystanders, never died. Well, except monsters and villains fated for destruction. Therefore, I loved the Kamen Rider series because of its use of involving others in destruction outside of the main cast. People die, that’s what would happen in situations like those, but Power Rangers has to sugarcoat it. Kamen Rider Ryuki was no exception when it came to taking out the lesser-than-side characters.

The monsters existing in the other world across reflections, Mirror Monsters, would kidnap and devour unsuspecting humans, sometimes by the order of the Mirror World’s creator, Kanzaki Shirou. But the monsters, unlike most Kamen Rider series, weren’t the main enemies of the fight. There were thirteen Riders, each with a deck created by Kanzaki Shirou, who were fated to fight and kill each other in a battle known as the Rider War.

So wait…these guys…are human? Not monsters? And they’re fighting and killing each other?...That’s what’s up. I grew up with Power Rangers, spandex-wearing warriors fighting monsters each episode, SOMETIMES against each other, but rarely. In Kamen Rider Ryuki, or Kamen Rider in general (mostly Ryuki) there would ALWAYS be a Rider fighting a Rider, maybe for personal and selfish reasons. But it beat the standard canon species fighting fictional beasts each episode.

I’ve always considered Rangers/Sentai and Riders as the “heros,” as they are human, but are granted an awesome and devastating power. Having “heros” fighting other “heros” throws my past thinking across the room! It's just outside of the norm! There is never one stronger than the other, even if their powers can be, because they are still human, and humans are intelligent enough to know what they are doing, how to do it, and why they would do it. When I watch Kamen Rider Ryuki, these “Kaijin” aren’t the world’s most dangerous species, but humans because of their independence and intelligence. That would make ALL species with strong independence and bright intelligence as dangerous enemy in not just the world, but in the universe.[/hide]

Last edited:
A.K.A. NipponHero!
Tokusatsu to me is my life. There is not one hour in my day where I do not have a tokusatsu thought in my head, or visualizing various henshin sequences. Why do I like it so much? Because a hero that can transform to save the world was my ultimate fantasy. Why change into a costume or armor suit when the armor morphs ON TO YOU!? I felt that was one of those brilliant ideas that the non-asian countries ever thought of, hence the popularity it has gained around the globe. I first was introduced to “kamen rider†when I was surfing youtube, and saw a video of kamen rider Faiz, and I was so intrigued about these masked warriors that I would search some more and find dozens of more! It was a dream come true!

My favorite Kamen Rider series was Kamen Rider Decade, the most questionable victory/failure of Toei for introducing Alternate Universe riders, something that took me some getting used to. But then I realized how great of a show it was. Sure I hated the OMG PINK LOLS armor that Decade had at first, but the armor, the plot, the characters, all of them grew on me. I was always nervous to see how the next episode would play out, the one series I would ALWAYS check to see if the subs were out because sadly my Japanese school lessons are not enough ^__^’

I loved the fact that they BROUGHT BACK FRIGGING MINAMI KOTAROU and MADE MY LIFE by having Kamen Rider Black and RX team up to defeat the common enemy. The scene where RX first henshin’s must have been replayed OVER 9000 times in my house, along with the mp3 “Millions of Meâ€. Heck, that was so epic that I actually took the time to practice and learn the BLACK and RX henshin poses...and I can actually do them now! People watch in awe when I do it in the most randomest of places. It’s a breath of fresh air for my friends because the only henshin pose I could do before was Kamen Rider V3’s...and I couldn’t jump 20 feet in the air afterwords so my efforts would have been in vain T^T

Decade also brought the ultimate movie, ALL RIDERS VS DAISHOCKER. The one and only movie I have replayed more than I did Star Wars: Return of the Jedi LOL. The scene where you hear the old school VROOOOM of Ichigo’s motorcycle made my heart stop. When all those kamen riders appeared and did epic poses all at once WHILE FIGHTING I knew I must have died and gone to heaven.

Garagaranda: “Didn’t you guys die?!â€
Ichigo: “As long as riders are needed, we will never die!â€

That quote stuck with me forever. I am currently aspiring to become a police officer to protect the society I live in. Sure I can’t transform into a kamen rider, but even without a mask, my values and beliefs are the same!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it sounds realllllly stupid and cheesy, but it's the truth!:sweat:

P.S : SORRY I DONT KNOW HOW TO HIDE THE TEXT T___T

Seoul Tokusatsu Addict
....So what, 250 minimum? 300? Sorry, it's hard being so specific. Though, this does seem interesting to try out...

[hide]At first, Kamen Rider was introduced to me through Saban’s Masked Rider when I was a kid, and God, did I love that abomination when I was a kid…What were the odds that my all time favorite super hero show aside from Power Rangers would find its way back to me nearly 12 years later, when Kamen Rider Kabuto caught my interest. And being so curious about the series, I did research, looking up Wikipedia on the other series before Kabuto: Hibiki, Blade, 555, Ryuki, Agito, Kuuga, and going farther into the Showa Era. But if I had to say, from the 1999/2000 series “Kamen Rider Kuuga†to the most recent “Kamen Rider OOOâ€, I’d have to say…Kamen Rider Ryuki.

The reason why I’ve grown to love Kamen Rider was because, in Power Rangers, no one, even the civilians and bystanders, never died. Well, except monsters and villains fated for destruction. Therefore, I loved the Kamen Rider series because of its use of involving others in destruction outside of the main cast. People die, that’s what would happen in situations like those, but Power Rangers has to sugarcoat it. Kamen Rider Ryuki was no exception when it came to taking out the lesser-than-side characters.

The monsters existing in the other world across reflections, Mirror Monsters, would kidnap and devour unsuspecting humans, sometimes by the order of the Mirror World’s creator, Kanzaki Shirou. But the monsters, unlike most Kamen Rider series, weren’t the main enemies of the fight. There were thirteen Riders, each with a deck created by Kanzaki Shirou, who were fated to fight and kill each other in a battle known as the Rider War.

So wait…these guys…are human? Not monsters? And they’re fighting and killing each other?...That’s what’s up. I grew up with Power Rangers, spandex-wearing warriors fighting monsters each episode, SOMETIMES against each other, but rarely. In Kamen Rider Ryuki, or Kamen Rider in general (mostly Ryuki) there would ALWAYS be a Rider fighting a Rider, maybe for personal and selfish reasons. But it beat the standard canon species fighting fictional beasts each episode.

I’ve always considered Rangers/Sentai and Riders as the “heros,†as they are human, but are granted an awesome and devastating power. Having “heros†fighting other “heros†throws my past thinking across the room! It's just outside of the norm! There is never one stronger than the other, even if their powers can be, because they are still human, and humans are intelligent enough to know what they are doing, how to do it, and why they would do it. When I watch Kamen Rider Ryuki, these “Kaijin†aren’t the world’s most dangerous species, but humans because of their independence and intelligence. That would make ALL species with strong independence and bright intelligence as dangerous enemy in not just the world, but in the universe.[/hide]

250 minimum seems fair enough. Thanks for entering.

Peek a Boo!
Tokusatsu to me is my life. There is not one hour in my day where I do not have a tokusatsu thought in my head, or visualizing various henshin sequences. Why do I like it so much? Because a hero that can transform to save the world was my ultimate fantasy. Why change into a costume or armor suit when the armor morphs ON TO YOU!? I felt that was one of those brilliant ideas that the non-asian countries ever thought of, hence the popularity it has gained around the globe. I first was introduced to “kamen rider†when I was surfing youtube, and saw a video of kamen rider Faiz, and I was so intrigued about these masked warriors that I would search some more and find dozens of more! It was a dream come true!

My favorite Kamen Rider series was Kamen Rider Decade, the most questionable victory/failure of Toei for introducing Alternate Universe riders, something that took me some getting used to. But then I realized how great of a show it was. Sure I hated the OMG PINK LOLS armor that Decade had at first, but the armor, the plot, the characters, all of them grew on me. I was always nervous to see how the next episode would play out, the one series I would ALWAYS check to see if the subs were out because sadly my Japanese school lessons are not enough ^__^’

I loved the fact that they BROUGHT BACK FRIGGING MINAMI KOTAROU and MADE MY LIFE by having Kamen Rider Black and RX team up to defeat the common enemy. The scene where RX first henshin’s must have been replayed OVER 9000 times in my house, along with the mp3 “Millions of Meâ€. Heck, that was so epic that I actually took the time to practice and learn the BLACK and RX henshin poses...and I can actually do them now! People watch in awe when I do it in the most randomest of places. It’s a breath of fresh air for my friends because the only henshin pose I could do before was Kamen Rider V3’s...and I couldn’t jump 20 feet in the air afterwords so my efforts would have been in vain T^T

Decade also brought the ultimate movie, ALL RIDERS VS DAISHOCKER. The one and only movie I have replayed more than I did Star Wars: Return of the Jedi LOL. The scene where you hear the old school VROOOOM of Ichigo’s motorcycle made my heart stop. When all those kamen riders appeared and did epic poses all at once WHILE FIGHTING I knew I must have died and gone to heaven.

Garagaranda: “Didn’t you guys die?!â€
Ichigo: “As long as riders are needed, we will never die!â€

That quote stuck with me forever. I am currently aspiring to become a police officer to protect the society I live in. Sure I can’t transform into a kamen rider, but even without a mask, my values and beliefs are the same!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it sounds realllllly stupid and cheesy, but it's the truth!:sweat:

P.S : SORRY I DONT KNOW HOW TO HIDE THE TEXT T___T

Dude. I salute you. I seriously need to finish my Shinkenger Special review. XD