Seoul Tokusatsu Addict
Introduction:

Upon the advice of some of the more experienced forum members I decided to post this in here. I'm a fan of running competitions, and organizing projects so when I came across some reduced price Kamen Rider Kabuto Thebee zecters (Korean edition.) yesterday at E-Mart I snatched up two extras to send them to a good home.

bee1.jpg

This video explains all;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dsVMqlcNg

How to Enter:

Just write 500 words (or less) about your favourite Tokusatsu series and/or character. Leave your entry as a comment in this post, and then sit back and wait to see if you're one of the lucky two people recieving a zector in the mail :D The more creative the entry, the better!

SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!

The Rules:

1) One entry per forum member.
1b) Entries can be edited up until the 1st of October, but no later.
2) Entries should not exceed 500 words.
3) The competition closes on the 1st of October 2010.
4) I'm not liable if the prize goes missing in the mail.
5) English language entries only thank you :D
6) Winners will be announced on the 5th of October.
7) Prizes will be sent on the 10th of October.
8) Batteries are not included - takes 2 triple As.

If anyone has any other queries please feel free to ask here. Lastly, if I was to offer more competitions in the future what types of things would people like as prizes? (I'm thinking capsule toys, magazines etc.)

The Winners!

Thank you so much to everyone who entered! I'm happy to announce that due to finding two more Thebee zecters on sale this week I'll be giving this competition 4 prizes!

And the winners are..... *drum roll*

+ Hyperblade312.
+ KazumI.
+ Illy15039.
+ Kenori.

Please PM me within the next 2 weeks with the address you'd like your prize sent to. Thank you everyone!

The Next Competition:

I'll be starting this competition on the 11th. I believe the prize will be an IXA belt, but we'll have to see. The theme will not be writing this time. Fire up your photoshop, people. It's graphics time!

Last edited:
I don't know where are you located, but would you be willing to ship a prize to Poland?
And just for "security", we're supposed to post our entries in this thread, right?
EDIT: Also, is the korean version any different in terms of it's sounds etc.?
Another EDIT: never mind that, just found out the korean version should be the same. the previous two questions stand however ;)

Last edited:
Raxbait: Hip
My entry (went with KR since you're giving a KR toy away XD):

[HIDE]Well, my favorite rider series would have to be Kamen Rider Ryuki. I have probably seen the show about 3-4 times now. Once when it aired, 2nd and 3rd time with the HK subs (Don’t molest the lawyer!) and the TV-Nihon subs (which I had the honor of helping them with at the time). Where to start though? I’ll start with the story, it’s simple, 13 guys are gonna beat the crap outta each other in order to get a “wishâ€. It’s just loads of fun from here. Then you got Kido Shinji, one of my favorite characters of all time. He’s stupid. But he’s good stupid, he wants to stop all the fighting between the riders, and that’s why I like him. There’s also Ren, who is probably the true protagonist of the series, but him along with Shinji, they’re both the protagonists together. They complete each other ♥. I also like how it’s the first series in the Heisei series that actually uses the term “Kamen Riderâ€, we didn’t get that in Kuuga or Agito haha. And Kitaoka was fun too, always interested in money and all. And Asakura, that crazy SOB. If you didn’t like Ryuki, you HAVE to admit that he was just crazy-fun to watch. That guy was always pissed, and loved to fight. Probably one of the main highlight of the series.
Now the highlight of the series, would be the different riders that come along, and really….the fighting. We get a lot of different riders with different personalities, so there’s one that I’m sure everyone liked, and there were quite a few that I liked. And they way they interacted with the each other was fun to watch….which was basically most of the time “I’m gonna kick your ass†XD
But yeah, I thought it was a fun series at least. A lot of people tend to say that the last few episodes weren’t good (which….I can see why), and they hate the ending. But….I’ve always liked, the ending, rather than have everyone die, they're brought everyone back, sad part is no one remembers each other 
But hey, as long as they are alive and well, I was happy. Plus Yui said she didn’t want to live at the expense of others, so Kanzaki did the right thing and resetting it all I believe. Then there was the 13 rider Specials and Movie. The special I liked cause you got to see all 13 riders (of course at the end) and Ryuuranger’s actor from Gosei Sentai Dairanger. I think out of both of the 2 alternative ending, the 2nd one I liked the best. Shinji realizing all he did was reset the war and screaming in public sent chills down my spine. And of course the movie. Great movie, in my opinion. A lot of people prefer that ending then the series, but it’s good. Ryuuga and Femme were nice to watch, and it overall was good, different story and all.
[/HIDE]
Never been good with reviews, but gave it a shot.

Btw, nice video, you have a nice voice :thumbs:

Seoul Tokusatsu Addict
I don't know where are you located, but would you be willing to ship a prize to Poland?
And just for "security", we're supposed to post our entries in this thread, right?
EDIT: Also, is the korean version any different in terms of it's sounds etc.?
Another EDIT: never mind that, just found out the korean version should be the same. the previous two questions stand however ;)

I'll ship to anywhere :D

Yes, that's right please post them as comments in this thread.

I just checked and it says 'Cast off, change wasp' and 'Rider sting' in English. I'm not sure if this is different to the Japanese version as I don't have one to compare, but it doesn't have any Korean sound-effects added.

okay i'll give this one a shot..:)

My favorite toku series is no other than Kamen Rider Kabuto...It is my first Kamen Rider Series since KR Black which I watched when I was a kid...I got into Kabuto (mid 2006) by seeing our IT guy in the office watching something on youtube...I asked him "what are you watching?" then he said "kamen rider kabuto"...I replied "what is that? something like masked rider black?" he answered "yup...but a new one"...

I told him how good the suit are...compared to Black's which was like rubber..and Kabuto's was like shiny metal or something...then I got to my PC and watched the first episode subbed...It was a instant hit on me...I like the story..I like the fight scenes and I liked Tendou(many here on HJU don't..hehe..)..why I liked Tendou? because I saw confidence in him..he never lost faith in himself and always delivers..when he quote's his grandma he reminds me of myself (I mean he is obviously close to his grandma that's why he quotes her and me too I am close to my grandma)..I like they way he cares for his sisters which I see myself...

Many here on HJU says Kabuto has lots of plot holes...yes it does and I agree...but to me, Kabuto is has a simple story and the plot holes could not ruin the main course of the story which is "defending the earth from aliens who want to invade us but eventually the system used to defend the aliens came from the aliens themselves"...

I have seen Kabuto like 5 times I think...4 times subbed by TV Nihon and 1 time on cartoon network..I have the whole series here on my pc so I can watch it anytime I want..maybe the 6th time I would watch it is when it gets dubbed here in the Philippines...:laugh:

hopefully I get the Zecter...:thumbs:

What is love? Baby don't hurt me
i'll try my best on this one. here goes...

My favorite Rider series is Kamen Rider Kabuto. There are a lot of reasons why I like Kabuto, but the best reason there could be is because everything revolved around a certain guy named Tendou Souji. I mean, the focus is on Tendou in a very large part of the story. The show, in my own opinion, was created uniquely. The elements of the show were almost perfectly laid out such as the concept of science fiction.

Another thing I like about Kabuto is that the main character (that is, Tendou), does not get all the glory. Some say that Gattack's owner, Kagami Arata, should be the main character of Kabuto, and I agree. Yet Kagami had his fair share of the show and I appreciate what Kabuto's writer did with Tendou's and Kagami's characters.

Though I like the show, there is still the concept of plothole creation. Some say that the number of plotholes in Kabuto is large, yet I don't care about that. Yes, there are plotholes, yet the main points of the show are laid out perfectly, such as Tendou's desire to protect his sister Hiyori. Also, some say that Daisuke and Tsurugi were semi-useless and the Hopper brothers were very useless. I admit, they were a bit useless but the story wouldn't be complete without them.

To sum it all up, I like Kabuto because it gave me the story and characters I've always liked to see in a Rider show.

hopefully i'll win... :sweat:

Okay, firstly, thanks for the answers.
Secondly, everyone seems to be going with Kabuto, kind of expected since it's TheBee Zecter, but still funny to me :)

So, I'm pretty much going with Kabuto here as well BUT on a slightly different topic.

I haven't watched Kabuto (yet), only some clips here and there. And from the clips I must say one thing: the suit designs (especially Rider Forms) are GORGEOUS! The bug theme is executed amazingly. With that said, I will move to the meritum, which is why I love Kamen Rider TheBee's (coincidence? ;) ) design.

HENSHIN

Let's start with the Masked Form. Bulky as all of them, but still manages to be quite "slick" if you will. What makes me like it is it's emotivness and fitting with the rider's theme (unlike Kabuto's for example). Look at the hexagons on it's chest piece and the visor - does it remind you of anything? Well... IT'S A HIVE! What could be more fitting? It even evokes Masked Form's defensive purpose, bees gather to protect the hive, now our walking hive Kamen Rider is here to protect (himself perhaps, but still) :)

CAST OFF

CHANGE - WASP

But it's the Rider Form that really get's me going. After blasting the heavier pieces of the armor off, we see that Kamen Rider TheBee lives up to his name. Striped chest piece, reminiscent of a wasps abdomen, warning the foe "I'm dangerous!", symmetrical design fit for the brawler that TheBee is, the Zecter now with the sting protrouding forward from the wrist, stripes again on the helmet and those eyes, those eyes! Together with the helmets sculpt and and the antennas, the eyes give TheBee's face that badass, angry, "I will kick/sting your ass into oblivion!" look. The only face that could compete with that is Sasword's Rider From face with eyes actually being pincers of the scorpion on his head, but still, TheBee has both Masked and Rider Forms executed very well and so I like him more.

On a side note, there was a "You know you watch too much Kamen Rider when..." thread when I first ventured to the HJU forums long ago, and one of the things mentioned there was dreaming about being a Rider.
Well, I have actually dreamt of being TheBee. I locked the Zecter on the brace, said "henshin" and heard that deep "HENSHIN" in response and got covered in armor - Masked Form's helmet actually gives quite a cramped view :D I then flipped the wings, said "cast off" and turned the Zecter, only to hear "CAST OFF" and feel lighter because of the armor disconnecting and blasting off. When I got my view back (and it was much wider and brighter now) I heard "CHANGE - WASP"! I guess I was a tad too excited by then, because I unfortunatly woke up before I managed to go into Clock Up or use the Rider Sting :D

So here's my love for TheBee, I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

You know what.... why not :)
what's the worse thing that can happen right? :redface2:

I haven't seen them all but one of my favorite series and the series that got me into kamen rider is KAMEN RIDER DECADE. (ONORE DEKAIDO!!!:sweat:)

You might be thinking, WHAT?, REALLY DECADE?, yes, really, Decade. I find this series very interesting because cmon, who doesn't like a series based on team ups with previous riders? I know there are a lot of plot holes but I tend to ignore them and just enjoy the show. The rider of this show is also very different from the rest, first of all, Decade is pink, oh im sorry magenta and he uses cards to transform, execute special attacks and to perform one of the coolest rider kicks EVARR! But, what makes Decade interesting is that he is able to transform to the 9 previous heisei riders and that makes him MEGA AWWSOME! :sweat:

The story and plot of this series is pretty unique. Decade has to basically go and help the other 9 riders. Along the way, Kuuga decides to go and travel with him but he doesn't really do much and he's not as useful and reliable as the original Kuuga, you know, Yuusuke Godai. I can go on forever (well, not forever but, you get what I mean right?) about the story but you can just watch the series and find out yourself :). Trust me, its more fun watching the series compared to reading this ummmm, review? competition entry? free thebee zecter? :sly:

For me, Decade is one of the best seasons of kamen rider. Interesting plot, Unique rider and GOD AWWSOME TOYS :p. The DECADRIVER is my first DX belt and when I first got it, damn, I nearly died. But, getting the cards for it is a bitc... , I mean female dog. So yea, there we go, my opinion on my favorite series (well, one of them) in less than 500 words. Thank you for reading? :)

Honestly what can I really say about Faiz.

Faiz was a series I enjoyed immensely before I even had time to sit down and watch it. When I first started watching Kamen Rider, it was only with small random clips on Youtube, mostly of the transformations and the finishing moves, and they were always awesome. One that caught my eye more than any of the others though was the weird guy carrying around the cellphone. Kamen Rider Faiz had the coolest premise in my opinion.

But then I watched the series.

The characters are the kind of people you'd meet walking down the street. Their interactions with each other are so perfectly HUMAN. Theres very little over the top melodrama, and it all comes off as very REAL. That series illicited the very first of only a few times I've cried over something in a Tokusatsu. I won't spoil the moment, but it needs to be seen if you haven't. Its the culmination of an entire year's worth of plot development. Its fantastic.

Yeah sure the suit design is fantastic, the action is great, the weapons and toys and whatnot are cool, and the special effects are pretty good for their time, but in the end when it comes to Faiz, its not the costume or the monsters or the attacks that I remember the most, its the raw emotion the characters have. Its those shocking twists and turns that you dont see coming but make sense when they do.

And a lot of people complain about the ending, but I disagree. The ending to Faiz pretty much sums up the whole series: That life goes on.

Pony, please.
I'll take a crack at it.

Kamen Rider W

[hide]This is probably the only show I could do this with. Maybe Decade if this is popular enough. Anyway, on to the review...
-----------------------------------------
Kamen Rider W/Double. Is it the perfect tokusatsu show? No, but it’s a damn good one, and I’d argue one of the best, old or new, with the ranks of DaiRanger, Liveman, and Agito.
I will say it’s the perfect Rider show. Does that make it the best Rider show? I haven’t seen BLACK and haven’t finished Kuuga, so we’ll just have to see. But for now, it’s my favorite Rider series of all time – and also one of the best television shows in general.

And for very good reason. Double is a show that wasn’t afraid to take chances and rip at your heartstrings, whether it was to cry or to feel good about how the characters interact. As you’ll learn quickly, each character is an important part of either their arc or the story at large.

You really do grow attached to the characters and when the emotional moments happen, they happen for a reason, not for the sake of inserting emotion. To give you the gist of the show, it’s about a detective and his partner, and together they create a team that rivals the best of friendships.

Is it a realistic show? No…but Transformers is not a realistic movie. So if you come into this thinking that stuff is gonna blow up and you can turn off your brain then yeah you’re pretty ignorant. This show will make you think, for better or…well, just better.

Double also has a lot of great comedy moments that usually never seem forced or overbearing, something a lot of Japanese shows lack. It’s smart comedy, and not there because it’s shoehorned in. It does have a bit of slapstick, but it’s smart slapstick - again, not found in 99% of anime.

Double’s strongest points are its themes of friendship and family, and most importantly, its narrative strength. The characters that need to grow develop so well that you feel sad to let them go. The writing was top-notch for what it was and more, and the plot points are developed so well that you don’t care whether or not it was obvious what was coming next.
At the end of it all, you feel good. You feel great, even. You never feel cheated or feel like you wasted your time, because it really is a show worth all the time you invest into it.

There hasn’t been a tokusatsu show like this for a long time, but the writers managed to make a show consistent, entertaining, and fantastic.
Shoutarou and Philip will protect Fuuto for as long as they have to. And that is truly what it means to be hard-boiled. Oh, and the last three episodes? Absolutely amazing. Those are what Rider is all about.[/hide]

Edit: Yes, that is less than 500 words.

Last edited: