HEROW
So, we're blaming this on Go-busters too? Geez, that's a bit ridiculonk.

I've stated before that I'm a big fan of Gobusters as well, I believe LazyCoco saw that post and agreed with me. It was disappointing for me that what impressed me with the show which was how they handled the technicalities behind your everyday defeating the kaijin missions seemed to be beyond the comprehension and appreciation of the target audience, hence Toei's move to go back to the style which has been their cashcow, dinosaurs and pure comedy (which I believe was officially stated by the producers and a lot of statistics). Bottom line is, there is nothing I could do about it as much as it irks me, but I guess that's what makes shows like Gobusters special, since it happens very rarely, which makes it a gem.

Ok I can see now how this argument might be spiraling out of control.

No offense, but since when did your mere presence elicit peace and order?

Last edited:
A true Jack of ALL trades!
I think can understand the mindset, I've had numerous discussions about this subject alone. On that particular level, it seems that Japan is still a bit... Held back? One of my associates argued that Japan is a third world country with a first world economy. Not sure if I agree here, but I think he made a case there.

On a technological level, Japan is VERY developed, has a modern economy and business structure. On a social level, the country hasn't changed that much actually. Tradition, ascription and status are still ruling factors in the social structure. Therefore, I can understand their choice.

In their thinking, Yellow Ranger == Female, they wanted a one gal team, so no yellow ranger. The running themes are bravery and physical strength, so two gals would be a no go, because there can be only one "strong girl" in the archetypes. The other would be her counterpart "the cute one", so that wouldn't work with their vision. So the "token Girl" is cute AND strong.

That is, anyway, my perception on things.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Go-Busters isn't really to blame for anything, Toei just took a risk in trying to hark back to a different era of Sentai, and it didn't pay off for them financially. So this show is under pressure to shift the merch. This year's summer toy blitz will be interesting ...

(good grief, I feel like the fortune teller who comes in during Julius Caesar and says "Beware the idle of March")

A quick Nagasawa blog-stalk hasn't turned anything up from her :(

min snopp är gul
I seem to have caused quite the shitstorm here. :loltongue:

As for Nao, I have no idea what she's playing. Villain was my guess because the ADR and training. But I guess that was for Travelers. I haven't heard anything from my source either.

But I think we have our KyoryuGold. I might be wrong though.
hXTJxnk.jpg

Atsushi Maruyama, he is listed in Kyoryuger's SHTZ cast list as voice only. He was in Fuma no Kojiro which starred plenty of other Tokusatsu actors.
http://henshinjustice.net/2013/02/20/detailed-cast-list-for-super-hero-taisen-z/
http://henshinjustice.net/2013/02/20/the-actor-for-kyoryu-gold/

Last edited:
Minato Ascending
I think can understand the mindset, I've had numerous discussions about this subject alone. On that particular level, it seems that Japan is still a bit... Held back? One of my associates argued that Japan is a third world country with a first world economy. Not sure if I agree here, but I think he made a case there.

On a technological level, Japan is VERY developed, has a modern economy and business structure. On a social level, the country hasn't changed that much actually. Tradition, ascription and status are still ruling factors in the social structure. Therefore, I can understand their choice.

In their thinking, Yellow Ranger == Female, they wanted a one gal team, so no yellow ranger. The running themes are bravery and physical strength, so two gals would be a no go, because there can be only one "strong girl" in the archetypes. The other would be her counterpart "the cute one", so that wouldn't work with their vision. So the "token Girl" is cute AND strong.

That is, anyway, my perception on things.

I hope the exclusion of Yellow in Kyoryuger isn't because the audience didn't like Yellow Buster, so they decided to go with Pink only this time.

As for Nao, I have no idea what she's playing. Villain was my guess because the ADR and training. But I guess that was for Travelers. I haven't heard anything from my source either.

hXTJxnk.jpg

Atsushi Maruyama, he is listed in Kyoryuger's SHTZ cast list as voice only. He was in Fuma no Kojiro which starred plenty of other Tokusatsu actors.
http://henshinjustice.net/2013/02/20/detailed-cast-list-for-super-hero-taisen-z/
So...it's not the chicken?

I hope the exclusion of Yellow in Kyoryuger isn't because the audience didn't like Yellow Buster, so they decided to go with Pink only this time.

There's no reason why that would be the case. Yellow Buster was promoted as the "kid appeal character" (along with J), she's a main role in SHTZ and rumour has it her actress will be in the fourth Hero Next movie.

There wasn't any confirmation that Torin would be the Sixth, but the suit looks chicken-themed, so it makes more sense he'd be in it?

A true Jack of ALL trades!
[HIDE]There's no reason why that would be the case. Yellow Buster was promoted as the "kid appeal character" (along with J), she's a main role in SHTZ and rumour has it her actress will be in the fourth Hero Next movie.

There wasn't any confirmation that Torin would be the Sixth, but the suit looks chicken-themed, so it makes more sense he'd be in it?[/HIDE]

I liked Yoko, hell, I liked Go-Busters as a whole. So I agree with lazycoconut here. Plus, she is in too much other projects not to be liked.

As I said before, I think it has to do with character archtypes. There aren't that many "strong" types for girls. I think that is the main reason. I'll do some research on the archtypes.

I don't do sense

hXTJxnk.jpg

Could they find a MORE feminine dude?
I guess gold is like yellow in that it's feminine though!

Why do I get the feeling that KyoryuBlack is not going to get along with this guy ...