Congrats, you just won the overreacting award!

If I was overreacting, I'm pretty sure I would have included about fifty variations of the word "****" as commas for my statements. :laugh:

Why are Americans so sensitive about 'sexism' and the likes? It seems everything is a reason to pull a card like the sexism one. Japan doesn´t even know that word.

I find this response kind of... depressingly hilarious in light of its own irony.

I mean... you see the irony of what you just said, don't you?

... Don't you?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Ah yes, let's treat the kid's show into exaggerated reality.

Given Japan's concerns about birth rate etc. you still think it's a good idea for kids' media to teach them that the opposite sex is like an alien species and girls are these mysterious pretty delicate things that can't fight like a boy?

Although the producer's comments are blatantly sexist I wouldn't even care so much if not for his being such a bad liar, we all know it's about toy sales!

HEROW
Given Japan's concerns about birth rate etc. you still think it's a good idea for kids' media to teach them that the opposite sex is like an alien species and girls are these mysterious pretty delicate things that can't fight like a boy?

Although the producer's comments are blatantly sexist I wouldn't even care so much if not for his being such a bad liar, we all know it's about toy sales!

It has ALWAYS been about toy sales, some people keep forgetting that these shows are just 50 episodes worth of toy commercials. What the producer said makes sense, color recognition of children and its effects to the mental state of the one who perceives it has been studied and applied in these shows since the very beginning. Their choice of color makes sense given that they had to project an image that a light color like yellow could not. So did the idea of having more boys than girls.

Toei doesn't give any **** about their birth rate, all they've been doing is being reactive to the current market situation. They used their themes based on what could sell more with the current population of viewers. They did try their hand out at being proactive by experimenting on their themes, but it most often that not bit them in the ass, so you can't blame them if they choose to be reactive, or somebody gets fired.

As I said way back when, if you really want to make a change in Japan's society, do something better than watch kid's TV shows and argue in an online forum.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
As I said way back when, if you really want to make a change in Japan's society, do something better than watch kid's TV shows and argue in an online forum.

Can't I do both? :(

On the subject of the ladies: Any more word on Nagasawa's character? Last I heard was she was supposed to be playing some kind of villain, but I can't imagine any new ones joining the group for a while (we have 5 villains to match the heroes, even the colours are the same) and she hasn't appeared in scans or said any more about it. Maybe some kind of new villain will debut in June when we would normally have seen the Sixth, but didn't she say she's already started filming?

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Ah yes, let's treat the kid's show into exaggerated reality.

[hide]
pazpunE.jpg[/hide]

They did try their hand out at being proactive by experimenting on their themes, but it most often that not bit them in the ass, so you can't blame them if they choose to be reactive, or somebody gets fired.

So, we're blaming this on Go-busters too? Geez, that's a bit ridiculonk.

Last edited:

This.

I don't know why people think that viewing boys as different from girls or feminine different from masculine is suddenly wrong. They ARE different. That's a statement of fact. Saying they are different, and that people view them differently is NOT sexism.

There only is a problem is when opportunities are restricted or rights are denied because of they are viewed as different.