^That's not what this is about! It's about if a girl can beat up a dinosaur! Try to keep up!
Were you a kid in Japan? Because when I was a kid over here in the Philippines with Bioman and Maskman as my first Sentai, I always thought Yellow was a female color. And most of my peers did.

Seriously, unless you're experts in the field (which you're not), your whining is unwarranted. The way I see it, Toei did what it thought best for their business, not to bring down a certain gender. Calling a perception of femininity "feminine" is not sexism. It's stating a fact.
Yeah and I thought yellow was a girl ranger color for 9 years of my life until Ninja Storm just like you did for 4 years with Bioman to Maskman, which I assume must of been so traumatizing for the both of us that we never watched Super Sentai/Power Rangers again and aren't on a forum for it as full grown adults am I right? The point is it's surprising at first but ultimately nobodies going to stop watching because of it. Again I don't care that there is no KyoryuYellow and I didn't need a reason for why there isn't one but the reasoning they gave us is pretty lame.

Also guess what dude? You're no expert either. I don't see your PHD in Childology and I'm assuming you don't run a million dollar business like Toei either. In the end were both just stating opinions.
That's assuming one single person came up with the colors by himself, which i really doubt.
Especially considering he's a newbie producer working on a series under a lot of pressure to do well.
So then either I'm right and one guy is sexist or you're right and the whole production crew is sexist? Not that I want you to be wrong but I really hope you're not...

The bigger problem here is not "there is no yellow so it's bad" or "there's only one girl so it's bad".

And the people who want to talk about this issue are not "whining" or "misunderstanding" the exact wording, this is a legitimate concern to the story as it exists too.

The bigger problem about that statement is that you can interpret it as saying, "It's incredibly weird and unnatural for girls to be strong like boys are, so much so that things even remotely associated with feminine qualities are generally not allowed."

This leads to several questions: If this philosophy is going to be followed through in the show's narrative, what does this mean for Kyoryu Pink's character arc and growth? What is it going to say about her and try to teach its intended audience, little children, about the role of gender in their lives?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping the show doesn't try to go, "Pink is a freakish, unlovable fighter chick who has to learn what the 'real strength' of being female is from Blue's single-mom sister" because that would just be really bad writing.

I'm hoping it doesn't... but after this kind of statement, I'm bracing myself for that possibility.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping the show doesn't try to go, "Pink is a freakish, unlovable fighter chick who has to learn what the 'real strength' of being female is from Blue's single-mom sister" because that would just be really bad writing.

I'm hoping it doesn't... but after this kind of statement, I'm bracing myself for that possibility.
You're not the first to think Pink might be way into fighting but I really didn't notice that. I got the vibe that she's just another Sentai chick who's happy smiles all the time and will probably be the one to fight that happypants villain chick. Weird how people notice different things...

The new Tendou Souji
That's assuming one single person came up with the colors by himself, which i really doubt.

If Ohmori was speaking for more than just himself in that article, I wanna see the board meeting it came from; must've been hilarious. :laugh:

The bigger problem about that statement is that you can interpret it as saying, "It's incredibly weird and unnatural for girls to be strong like boys are, so much so that things even remotely associated with feminine qualities are generally not allowed."

This leads to several questions: If this philosophy is going to be followed through in the show's narrative, what does this mean for Kyoryu Pink's character arc and growth? What is it going to say about her and try to teach its intended audience, little children, about the role of gender in their lives?

Congrats, you just won the overreacting award!
Why are Americans so sensitive about 'sexism' and the likes? It seems everything is a reason to pull a card like the sexism one. Japan doesn´t even know that word.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Why are Americans so sensitive about 'sexism' and the likes? It seems everything is a reason to pull a card like the sexism one. Japan doesn´t even know that word.

Just because there's no word for something doesn't mean it's not there.

The ED is making me a little gloomy that bloody Torin is probably going to be our only Sixth, yet another fucking robot!!!

Last edited:
We enslaved an entire race. We're guilted into equality at birth.
Just because there's no word for something doesn't mean it's not there.

The ED is making me a little gloomy that bloody Torin is probably going to be our only Sixth, yet another fucking robot!!!
How dare you?! He is not a robot he is a bird! This is birdism!...Maybe Jack-Q is right...

HEROW
The irony of asking for sex equality is to also lose what to expect from a gentleman and a lady.

So seriously, this argument is pointless. Toei did what it had to do based on its current target viewers, we can argue otherwise, but as you said, it's just opinions raging at each other.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
How dare you?! He is not a robot he is a bird! This is birdism!...

I don't care what he is, he's not human, and I only like human Sixths!

(etc. etc. just imagine this is my face:

1091995.jpg

Regarding the "spoilers" for Torin's eventual mecha: I suppose they thought the bizarre sight of the paisley grunts with pretty flowers round their necks would serve as sufficient distraction from the lyrics

The irony of asking for sex equality is to also lose what to expect from a gentleman and a lady.

Not a lot of room for that when you're saving the world from alien empires, chum.