has left HJU. Not coming back.
Alive was pretty good.

[hide]So far, we get to know what was Luthor's up to and he bought Darkseid back alive.

I loved Darkseid's new costume. It looks awesome.

I was surprised that Luthor and his goons came to JLU and told Superman "We have a problem".

[/hide]

So next week, it is gonna be intense. Can't wait for this though.

Cartoon Network sucks!

Lurker
Fireguard said:
It was an interesting episode, and it's always interesting to see one that centers around the antagonists for once. I liked seeing all the villain vs. villain stuff, but after about ten seconds I gave up trying to keep track of who was on who's side. Good episode all around, although I guess it was kind of...inevitable they'd set up what they did for the series finale.

It's better if fans view it as one whole episode because of how "Alive!" elongates the story behind the finale, there's a nice little in-joke to Japanease anime titles if you put them together "Alive! Destroyer":laugh: , I must be one of the few to get it.

But yeah, next week is the finale, Superman lets rip.

When i saw darkseid walk out of the chamber, two words came out of my mouth 'Oh ****...' JLU is going to go out in a blaze of glory. A fitting end to a great series.

what better way to end such an awesome series than with one of the ultimate villians of the DC universe, now all they need is Gog, The Anti-monitor, and Superboy Prime.

........... should I have added a spoiler tag?

S

scikaiju

A few late thoughts. Now this is how villians should be acting, especailly when they're at war with each other. Luthor planning for Grood to use his mental abilites fit right in with his character. And I knew it was coming by reading the responces here, but Darksied emerging from the chamber sent chill down my spine. The finale is going to kick so much ass it's not even funny

The fianlly is awesome already aired in Canada, haha you poor cn watching fools. Anyhow its good to bad its the least episodes of the series.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Well...here is is...the finale. And what a finale it is. It's got action, heroes, villians, knockdown, drag-out battles, slick animation, some really smart one liners and every character seem to get some time in the spotlight. There's a couple of grisly moments in there, too(Shayera getting speared through the wing, a Parademon getting his head sheared off). Everything seems paced just right in terms the action scenes, which is a good thing all around.

So what was wrong with Destroyer? Simply put--it felt seriously rushed. There was virtually nothing in the way of resolution or tying up loose ends, such as what happened with Darkseid supposedly invading New Genesis, other than a brief appearence by the New God, Lightray, who showed up just long enough to get knocked out and robbed by what was left of Luthor and the Legion. It would've made much more sense to extend Destroyer into a movie-length finale to address all this instead of cramming it all into 22 minutes.

I don't wanna get into the ep too deeply from here on, other than to say it's my personal opinion that in spite of the time constraints, there's a lot more good than bad here. Although being the biased JLU fanboy I am, I wanted so much more out of this. Although Diana's last line near the end gave me some hope for future revisitations after Superman: Brainiac Attacks hits DVD.

But until then...goodbye, JLU. The last remnant of Cartoon Network's good taste ends with you.