S

scikaiju

Far from home was a decent ep I thought. I got to agree with the others that the Supergirl/Brainiac thing seemed to come out of left field. Although I would have loved to seen Superman reaction when he found out the boy's name. And the crisis image was a nice touch. I alway thought Bouncing Boy was useless character, this ep didn't change that opinion.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
This is the kind of ep that needs a 2-parter to flesh out and make it feasible. But as we all know, JLU doesn't have that kind of time anymore. :nono:

Lurker
Fayt Linegod said:
It's a waste of potential, really. I mean, why even bring Carter in only to have it turn out like that?

Because JLU's never followed the comics and has always went it's own way with it's own developments? Hawkman's better off being a crass right-sided asshole who loves arguing with Green Arrow, besides, having him paried up with Hawkgirl is akin to stereotypical discrimination. :laugh:

He only existed in this to give comic fans something to talk about and add a nice little love triangle dynamic, the same purpose the bland Vixen serves, only Carter actually had a likeable persona and a good amount of story to him

Thirdly, it's to safeguard the future of Batman Beyond, as I've already stated.

Skyknight said:
Except John doe'snt acutally love her, he's just using her to stick two fingers up at "destiny", he wants to be in control and not fall into a set course of history just because he fathers Warhawk.
Carter says it best in the episode when he says "We know how this story ends" to Hawkgirl, and accepts John is her only true love, John is the only one who does'nt want to admit he wants to be with her

Vixen's sole purpose is to be the third wheel and has had no real character to call her own, she's just there to get in the way of a couple that matters to the canon of Batman Beyond. Kind of glad "Ancient History"
Sticks her in a badly injured state, it makes you wonder if she'll ever recover completly

That's not cool. In fact, that's sorta gay. BB canon has made JLU extremely predictable for an episode.

Fantastic episode and as always, except for the Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes, just as powerful and well told.

Unexpected twists... and the love triangle was superb.

I hope we at least continue to get movies from this. That moment where Shi-ara said, "Don't you dare say you don't love me...." made me swoon like a girl watching a soap opera. :thumbs:

Also, infidelity... man, JLU is ferkin' adult. Great episode.

JLU forever. :buttrock:

By the Power of Gaia!!!
This week, the final arc begins with "Alive!", an all Legion-centered ep, and definitely one of the best of this season.

Oh, and Keith? It's Shayera, not Shi-ara. :p

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Alive! was a Legion-centered ep tonight. No heroes until the very end of the ep.
I wish there'd been more eps like this earlier on in the season, but better now than not at all, I guess. The biggest moment tonight of course, was Lex's plot to bring back Brainiac, which he sort of did. The problem was...

[HIDE] 01.jpg
He brought Darkseid back with him.[/HIDE]

Next week, the final episode...and with it the last remnant of CN's coolness.:nono:

It was an interesting episode, and it's always interesting to see one that centers around the antagonists for once. I liked seeing all the villain vs. villain stuff, but after about ten seconds I gave up trying to keep track of who was on who's side. Good episode all around, although I guess it was kind of...inevitable they'd set up what they did for the series finale.

It was an interesting episode, and it's always interesting to see one that centers around the antagonists for once. I liked seeing all the villain vs. villain stuff, but after about ten seconds I gave up trying to keep track of who was on who's side. Good episode all around, although I guess it was kind of...inevitable they'd set up what they did for the series finale.