Justice League Unlimited - Talk Up!

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Last night's episode was beautiful well done. Frickin' awesome. I loved it. Though, it was nice to see Nightwing. :buttrock:

Next week, heck yeah! :buttrock:

Edit:

nw.jpg

(Thanks to BeTheSwallow)

And according to one of the member from Rangerboard, he mentioned that there is a Pizza place; that's where Robin and others eat there.

Last edited:
ForeverRed said:
Last night's episode was beautiful well done. Frickin' awesome. I loved it. Though, it was nice to see Nightwing. :buttrock:

Next week, heck yeah! :buttrock:

Edit:

nw.jpg

(Thanks to BeTheSwallow)

And according to one of the member from Rangerboard, he mentioned that there is a Pizza place; that's where Robin and others eat there.

Yup thats the place, as seen in the very first episodes on Teen Titans

The Return of JLU: Far From Home

Okay, I know there's a JLU topic, but I'm too lazy to search. If an admin wants they can merge later, although that would probably make this post a wasted one.

How many of you saw Far From Home tonight? Its the first time we've seen a JLU episode in a month, since the Month of Miyazaki didn't allow for it. For those of you that didn't see it, it focuses John Stewart, Green Arrow and Supergirl (who changed her costume to look more like Clark's now), as they travel into the future to help save the Legion of Superheroes, who's been almost totally wiped out thanks to the machinations of the Fatal Five.

The big problem throughout the episode is that history books say that Kara supposedly comes to the future but disappears from them afterwards, making everyone think that she dies. Of course we all know that in reality she doesn't and ends up joining the Legion.

Anyways

My question is....

How much of Far From Home do you guys think will carry to the new Legion cartoon?

For instance:

We know Superboy will be in the cartoon, but will Supergirl still be there?

Also, the line-up from what I noticed seemed to be:
Brainiac 5
Chuck Taine (as Bouncing Lad -_-)
Cosmic Lad
Ultra Boy
Micro Lad/Colossal Boy
Umbra
Chameleon
Apparition
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad

There were also a few people I couldn't recognize (if you knew who they were, add them in your own post, please), and also a few other classics were missing:

Karate Boy
Ferro Lad
Dreamer/Dream Girl
M'onel(!!!!!!)
Triad
XS
Invisible Kid
Kid Quantum
Gates
Shrinking Violet
Element Lad
Wildfire
Timber Wolf

Really, the line-up looked like a mini-version of the JLU, but with all the members I mentioned, it could be the 31st century incarnation of it. When we last looked though, I recall the new cartoon's line-up to be: Superboy, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Lad, Apparition, Saturn Girl, Timber Wolf and Lightning Lad. Hopefully we'll get a larger roster by the debut--with more A-listers on it.

However, while I think the line-up they have (as well as the costumes) should carry to the new cartoon, one thing I DON'T think should carry is Brainiac's characterization. Specifically his
relationship with Kara
. No version of Brainy I know acts like this one. Oh well. Plenty of time to tweak.

What do you guys think? Should there be anything from tonight's JLU episode that carries to the Legion of Superheroes cartoon?

Skyknight

Lurker
No, Supergirl will not be in it, she's out of the equation for good, the series won't carry ANYTHING over from JLU, that's a confirmed fact from the producers.'

Skyknight said:
No, Supergirl will not be in it, she's out of the equation for good, the series won't carry ANYTHING over from JLU, that's a confirmed fact from the producers.'

You serious? ****. This new show's going to be ass. A Teen Titans clone, only "in the future".

New question: Anyone got any idea how long the DCAU will suck?

Keith Justice

Can't say I was too fond of this episode. Something about it seemed really flat and Kara's love for Brainiac competely and utterly out of nowhere without giving them any kind of remote chemistry.

Batman and Wonder Woman have had chemistry.... GL, Hawkgirl and uuuuhh, whoever GL's current gilfriend is have chemistry. Supergirl's crush seemed more like a 12 year olds and Brainic's fake.

I hate to see her leave the DCAU like that.

Ah well.. if they're closing up this series, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

Skyknight

Lurker
I can agree, the only part I liked was the "Crisis" joke visual with Kara being held by John. (paroding Crisis Issue Seven, the GOOD Crisis, not this "Infinite" junk)

If this were a two parter, the romance would've been played out better I think, but if little time left, they just rushed a lot of it.

J-Caizer said:
Can't say I was too fond of this episode. Something about it seemed really flat and Kara's love for Brainiac competely and utterly out of nowhere without giving them any kind of remote chemistry.

Batman and Wonder Woman have had chemistry.... GL, Hawkgirl and uuuuhh, whoever GL's current gilfriend is have chemistry. Supergirl's crush seemed more like a 12 year olds and Brainic's fake.

I hate to see her leave the DCAU like that.

Ah well.. if they're closing up this series, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

GL/Hawkgirl is about as bad as Supergirl/Brainy, I think. Anyways. I was great seeing the Legion designed decently, if nothing else. Still, if it had been a two-parter, it would've been a much much better episode. Screw the romance--I wanted to see Cosmic Boy! :laugh:

Fayt Linegod said:
Until Bruce Timm decides to get back into the game? A LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Isn't he doing a Brave and the Bold?

Ragna "D" BloodEdge

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Sage Shinigami said:
GL/Hawkgirl is about as bad as Supergirl/Brainy, I think.

Well, if that's the case, next week's ep, "Ancient History" should make you happy. Personally, I think John and Vixen are a better couple.

Sage Shinigami said:
Isn't he doing a Brave and the Bold?

I dunno--is he? I haven't heard too much about what he's doing next.

On another note, Joanne Whaley(Val Kilmer's ex) made a pretty solid performance as the Emerald Empress.

Last edited:

Skyknight

Lurker
Fayt Linegod said:
Well, if that's the case, next week's ep, "Ancient History" should make you happy. Personally, I think John and Vixen are a better couple.

Except John doe'snt acutally love her, he's just using her to stick two fingers up at "destiny", he wants to be in control and not fall into a set course of history just because he fathers Warhawk.
Carter says it best in the episode when he says "We know how this story ends" to Hawkgirl, and accepts John is her only true love, John is the only one who does'nt want to admit he wants to be with her

Vixen's sole purpose is to be the third wheel and has had no real character to call her own, she's just there to get in the way of a couple that matters to the canon of Batman Beyond. Kind of glad "Ancient History"
Sticks her in a badly injured state, it makes you wonder if she'll ever recover completly

Last edited:

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts