After much inward debate I decided to pick up Ultraman TIGA , the Guyver manga and Macross from Amazon . I thought at first it would be the generic formula of outer space but it prove me wrong. It's basically the Kuuga of the Ultraverse, and thus very mystical.

The first episode was really surprising. For those who haven't seen this, don't read.

Basically in the beginning the two monsters of the sky and ground come out to destroy humanity almost like the first Gamera film/Godzilla Tristar 1st Script. The Ultramen, who in those statues look like Tiga , Dyna and Gaia/Nexus, take the place of Gamera as the protectors of Earth. The funniest part of this episode was the Leia ripoff scene but on the year it was done, the first trilogy was re-released so I let that slide.

But the CG was just awkward in the fighting scenes and when Ultraman flies off, because I prefer the traditional effects method . Of course ,the minor CG flaws aren't that bad considering the year it was done, three years before the Animorphs show tried to use it . Also, the show's sotry and plot and acting was great, and I'm gonna watch the second today. I can say that if I watch the 13th episode and I like it, the second volume will be mine for sure.

To me, it's one of the best Tokusatsu shows out there. Every once in a while you'll come across a somewhat hammy show, but but for one of those you get at least ten amazing episodes full of action, fun, and great characters. It also has some of the best Ultraman opponents of all time, such as Killeroid and Goldras.

I sadly don't have volume 4 yet, but I have the first 3, and I re-watch those volumes constantly.
Also, if you can get ahold of the movie "Never Ending Odyssey," it is the perfect finale for the series as a whole. Unfortunately you will have to either find it online or get a subtitled bootleg copy.