Eye See You
I can tell them apart but yeah, at first those took some time aswell.

God, the pot in the '70s musta' been so much stronger.

I just watched the first 20 eps of Juspion. Gotta say, it's really epic! I love the characters, the fight scenes, the music, and the overall setting! I thought it was really cool how the series starts off with them not even being there on Earth, until ep 4. Juspion also has plenty of over-arching stories to keep itself busy. And they're all pretty good!

My thoughts for the other Space Sheriff style shows:

Gavan: I thought this show was cool. But it tended to move rather slowly. So it was just okay for me.

Sharivan: I think this was the most well made of the Space Sheriff Trilogy. Definitely better than Gavan imo.

Shaider: I personally liked Shaider the best in the trilogy. Just because I felt like it was the most creative out of the three. It was the only season of the trilogy where I loved the villains (especially Poe). And it was cool to get to see the female partner (Annie) actually get to kick some butt for once. And I just loved the overall setting of Space Sheriff mixed in with Incan style cultures. Plus, Shaider was just one fun acid ride. :D I also loved how Shaider had a bit more of an over-arching story compared to it's predecessors.

Juspion: So far, I feel like Juspion is an upgraded version of the Space Sheriffs in just about every way. It's not as acid-like as Shaider was, but still tons of crazy fun.

Spielban: To me, Juspion and Spielban feel like Yin and Yang. Spielban is Yin (Dark) for his black armor. Spielban has a lot of intense drama. Whereas Juspion is Yang (Light) for his white armor. Juspion is the lighter half, and is lots of fun and energetic.

Thank you so much everyone for your input. :D

Mad Skillz
Part of what really made me love the final episodes of Gavan was seeing Sony Chiba as his father (now that is a nice pay off) and the way they actually introduced Den and set him up to be the next guy stationed on earth.

Zodasaur
I personally wasn't the biggest fan of the series, but it definitely had an interesting villain in Megallen.

And random question, any idea why Juspion himself and Speilban look so alike?

I stole this segment from grnrngr.com :

"Part 1: The Space Sheriff Series
0. Introduction
1. Space Sheriff Gavan (1982-83)
2. Space Sheriff Sharivan (1983-84)
3. Space Sheriff Shaider (1984-85)

Part 2: Alien Metal Heroes
4. Megabeast Special Investigation Juspion (1985-86)
5. Dimensional Warrior Spielban (1986-87)

Part 3: Robot Metal Heroes
6. Super Man Machine Metalder (1987-88)
7. Mobile Detective Jiban (1989-90)

Part 4: Rescue Metal Heroes (coming December 1995?)
8. Special Police Winspector (1990-91; a.k.a. Special Rescue
Police...)
9. Special Rescue Command Solbrain (1991-92; a.k.a. Super
Rescue...)
10. Special Investigation Exceedraft (1992-93; a.k.a. Special
Rescue...)

Part 5: Miscellaneous Metal Heroes (coming December 1995?)
11. Special Investigation Robo Janperson (1993-94)
12. Blue SWAT (1994-95)
13. Heavy Armor Beetle Fighter (1995-96; a.k.a. Beefighter)
"

Juspion and Speilban have a similar premise, so the suite design appears to be similar in the some way the Space Sheriffs share similarities.

Eye See You
Yup! Saw the finale! It was really cool. Though it was still hard having to sit through 40 eps just to get there. :p

Yep it was a bit of a misson. On the bright side it numbed all feeling of hatred I could have had for the reusing of vehicle footage. I expected it to continue at that point so I accepted it rather than wanted to spit at my dvd player.

Part of what really made me love the final episodes of Gavan was seeing Sony Chiba as his father (now that is a nice pay off) and the way they actually introduced Den and set him up to be the next guy stationed on earth.

Hell yea'. I remember thinking how awesome it was to have the next hero introduced early on in the first series and then later again with his armor. Pretty good stuff.

I still sorta wish we got that with Shaider & Sharivan rather than the lame Trilogy special.