Now Demonic
It's sad that the only people on juries are

1) People who don't know how to get out of it
2) People with nothing better to do

Except you never really get out of Jury Duty, you postpone it. They'll just call you again for a later date. You'll eventually have to serve.

If you do serve they leave you alone for 3 years guaranteed and you even after that there is a chance you'll never be called back.

The World Warrior
Except you never really get out of Jury Duty, you postpone it. They'll just call you again for a later date. You'll eventually have to serve.

If you do serve they leave you alone for 3 years guaranteed and you even after that there is a chance you'll never be called back.

I was told 2. I suppose it varies from state to state.

It's Judgement Time!
It's sad that the only people on juries are

1) People who don't know how to get out of it
2) People with nothing better to do

pretty much. I've never been summoned before. I think it would be interesting to do but at the same time, if it means traveling a great distance, missing work, etc, I would bow out unless I would be compensated completely.

The World Warrior
pretty much. I've never been summoned before. I think it would be interesting to do but at the same time, if it means traveling a great distance, missing work, etc, I would bow out unless I would be compensated completely.

You don't have that option, chief. Only if circumstances were great. You may think you do, but if you ever get summoned, I dare you to attempt and get back to me.

The new Tendou Souji
I got called once; sat there in this really boring room for an hour or so, went to lunch, sat back in that room, watched a video explaining stuff I already knew, got off of it for being a student.

I got told they'll call again in 3 years so, guess either this year or next year I'll probably get a call again.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I take it you live in the U.S.

It doesn;t matter if you vote or not. You still are put on the list. They have like 4 or 5 other things that put you on the list.

No, I don't live in the US, I'm in Britain. I also do not drive (which someone mentioned a few pages back) but what else registers you for jury duty?

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
The past two years I have recieved summons for Jury Duty.Thankfully,I didn`t have to do it.

I don`t think I`d be a good juror anyway.

I got called but had to get it canceled due to health reasons at the time I wasn't even going to work :S

The past two years I have recieved summons for Jury Duty.Thankfully,I didn`t have to do it.

I don`t think I`d be a good juror anyway.

Me either I'd just vote guilty no matter what lol everyone is guilty of something anyways & the who ever is guilty of making me go to it in the first place :S lol

I got called for jury duty, but couldn't go due to health reasons. And even if I did, I wouldn't want to be a juror for a murder trial knowing that I might have to send someone away for life.