What could have happened if Julia and Laguna end up together? They really love each other but we know they got separated by circumstances beyond their control so they end up loving someone else.

For sure if they end up together, Squall and Rinoa would have not existed. We could have gotten a different protagonists. We know they are each other's one great love so I dont think their son or daughter won't be a snub edgelord like Squall.

The biggest negative I think would be Ultimecia will end up winning because Squall and Rinoa are crucial components for her defeat.

Raine most likely ends up falling for a different soldier. It is a very interesting what if scenario. There are so many possibilities.

Who knows many they didn't end up together because they could have end up evil as Sephiroth or Kefka. Also as said earlier, Squall and Rinoa are needed to defeat Ultimecia.

They might have end up having children named Squall and Rinoa but those kids will be siblings. It will be a whole different kind of story. We will might have got an adventure of siblings instead of starcrossed lovers.

I believe in the Theory that Ultimecia is the descendant of Squall and Rinoa and if Julia and Laguna ends up together, Ultimecia won't exist.

If they ended together the song "Eyes on Me" would have been their wedding song.