Do you want to know why I am upset, you use bad logic. None of your statements here are founded in logic, yet you think that still makes your points valid. You lack any ability to properly back up any one of your statements so instead you resort to appeals to authority and circular reasoning.

Also it is still intolerance even if you don't personally hate any homosexuals. You do not tolerate who they are and any excuse you give doesn't change that. You hate them for they are, for how they act, for how they want to love and cherish. You can hide behind all the excerpts from the scriptures you want, but at the end of the day you still hate them. Think about the countless people you have never met and probably never will, yet you still hate every single one of them. You hate millions of people yet you can stand there and say that is no big deal. Let's look at the numbers and say that, let's go real low here, 2% of the entire human population is homosexual: we get 137,228,000 people which is double the causality count of WWII.

Nice post!!
Also it is still intolerance even if you don't personally hate any homosexuals.

That is, in fact, the definition of intolerance. If there are specific gay people you dislike, they're just... people you don't like.

CPS

So many walls of text about such an insignificant topic as religion...ugh it's giving me a headache.

Female Black Ranger
I'll just make one last post to get it out of my system, then i'm done for real.

[HIDE]
Do you want to know why I am upset, you use bad logic. None of your statements here are founded in logic, yet you think that still makes your points valid. You lack any ability to properly back up any one of your statements so instead you resort to appeals to authority and circular reasoning.

Also it is still intolerance even if you don't personally hate any homosexuals. You do not tolerate who they are and any excuse you give doesn't change that. You hate them for they are, for how they act, for how they want to love and cherish. You can hide behind all the excerpts from the scriptures you want, but at the end of the day you still hate them. Think about the countless people you have never met and probably never will, yet you still hate every single one of them. You hate millions of people yet you can stand there and say that is no big deal. Let's look at the numbers and say that, let's go real low here, 2% of the entire human population is homosexual: we get 137,228,000 people which is double the causality count of WWII.
[/HIDE]

The bottomline is that you just flat-out don't want to read scripture, but that is an expected response from someone who is an atheist. (I think you said you were) So, your idea of my "bad logic" doesn't even matter. You're trying to get something out of me that doesn't exist. My whole reasoning on this subject is based on the Bible because I only worship the Creator. I tried to tell y'all that numerous times in this thread.:laugh: Yet, y'all were trying to find something that agrees with you. I solely believe in the Word through life experience. You see the consequences all the time for ignoring His laws and just doing whatever seems fit. God is not a dictator and He made these laws for our own good.

[HIDE]
Why would would anyone in this thread get banned? Brief Gundam anigif antics aside (and I hope you'll agree, that was pretty wacky), this is remarkably civil for a debate about religion and homosexuality.

So, you want reasons why homosexuality is an okay lifestyle? Homosexuality is an okay lifestyle because it occurs between consenting adults and harms no one. What other criteria do you need?

The reason you thought there was "something not right about it" even prior to your conversion to Christianity is because the idea that Homosexuality Is Okay (and not a curable psychological perversion, or a synonym for pedophilia) is a relatively new one in our society. It takes a long time to unlearn old prejudices; look at how many people still remain opposed to mixed-race coupling.

No one expects anyone to be able to change their way of thinking overnight. But working to throw away those prejudices is also necessary if we're to become a more just society. Using your religion to justify your established prejudices is wrong, just as wrong as it was when people twisted the Bible's words to justify slavery in America all those years ago.
[/HIDE]

That tells you something...Homosexuality cannot be compared to ethnicity. It is very offensive to compare our struggles in that and the Civil Rights era to Gay Rights today. It's not the same AT ALL. You can change your behavior, not your ethnic background.

If the Vatican dismisses the book of Genesis, I would like to know how he believes the earth begun.

Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion. Adios.:coolshades:

二番目の翻訳者
That tells you something...Homosexuality cannot be compared to ethnicity. It is very offensive to compare our struggles in that and the Civil Rights era to Gay Rights today. It's not the same AT ALL. You can change your behavior, not your ethnic background.

You misread the section that you bolded. I didn't say that homosexuality was a new thing in our society -- the idea that homosexuality should be considered acceptable is.

Just like the idea that blacks are not somehow inherently inferior to whites and thus deserving of being enslaved was a new idea to white Americans in the 1800s.

And yes, it was stupid and selfish and discriminatory that they ever believed that in the first place. And in 100 years it will be the same with homosexuality to all people who believe in equality and justice.

Just because an idea is new doesn't mean it's wrong. Society is constantly evolving.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
There is no science in the Bible:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAM-1FbxFXc[/ame]

Super Moderator
You misread the section that you bolded. I didn't say that homosexuality was a new thing in our society -- the idea that homosexuality should be considered acceptable is.

Just like the idea that blacks are not somehow inherently inferior to whites and thus deserving of being enslaved was a new idea to white Americans in the 1800s.

And yes, it was stupid and selfish and discriminatory that they ever believed that in the first place. And in 100 years it will be the same with homosexuality to all people who believe in equality and justice.

Just because an idea is new doesn't mean it's wrong. Society is constantly evolving.

FTW

You don't know what words mean. Honestly read a dictionary. And frankly you believing that logic can be subjective just shows the depths of your ignorance. Also for the record I have never stated what I believe in here outside humanity's ability to reason and in an argument nothing more is needed. To be honest I pity you, someone who can be so blinded by bigotry that they can't see their own hypocrisy.