James Wan Tapped For Live-Action Gargoyles Series

Administrator
<p>They live again! Kind of. The Gargoyles, those badass defenders of the night who prowled The Disney Afternoon in the 90s, are officially returning, Disney confirmed today. But….sorry folks, here’s the “but”….it’s a live-action reboot.</p>

You know, I remember Gargoyles getting canceled back in the day because some folks thought it was too scary for kids. Sure, the main characters might look like demons, but that show had so much heart. It tackled complex themes and had a depth that was pretty rare for an animated series. I'm all for a new generation getting to experience the magic of Gargoyles. Let's hope this live-action reboot can capture the essence of the original and introduce these incredible characters to a whole new audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they steer clear of injecting politics and treat the Gargoyles reboot with honor, I think it has a chance to succeed. We've seen how certain reboots, like Thundercats Go, added unnecessary elements and didn't honor the original, ultimately damaging the franchise. Gargoyles has a passionate fanbase, and I hope Disney respects the source material and delivers a show that stays true to its essence. Fingers crossed for a successful revival.

I've got mixed feelings about this Gargoyles reboot. On one hand, having James Wan at the helm could bring a fresh, edgy take on the classic series. His horror expertise might give it an interesting twist. But I also understand the disappointment some fans are feeling. We all have fond memories of the original animated show, and rebooting it in live-action might change the tone and feel we loved.

Personally, I was hoping for a direct continuation of the animated series, especially with Greg Weisman involved. His work on the Gargoyles comics is great, and it's a testament to his dedication to the story. However, I'm not entirely against the live-action idea. If they manage to capture the essence and spirit of the original while delivering an engaging story, it could be a win.