Got bored last week, and videos popped up on YouTube.

So, I figured, why not give a few Sentais a chance. I mean, all I'm watching now is Liveman and Maskman (and am enjoying them.)

NOTE: Spoilers ahead.

Synopsis for all the episodes: Evil douchebags act like evil douchebags, five 20-somethings with attitude get the powers of rainbow spandex and fight evil.

Goggle V

The good: There was nothing good about this episode, let's move on.

The bad:
-The ranger costumes are atrocious.
-Someone named a group of characters "Computer Boys and Girls." I should stop here.
-The team uses gymnastics ribbons, dodgeballs, and Hula Hoops of Doom as weapons. I should've stopped at "Computer Boys and Girls."
-This episode was confusing. The team gets summoned, gets informed of the situation, and suddenly jump into a morphing sequence and a fight like they've done this before.
-The rangers use every finisher they have on the monster. It's like watching a toy commercial, except I'm not miring at the gymnastics ribbons and Hula hHoops of doom.
-"Dark Science Empire Deathdark" is not evil enough. "Pagan Nazi Dictatorship Stalinslaughter" is optimal.

The funny:
-The episode was that bad

Changeman

The good:
-Catchy theme song and BGMs
-The foot soldiers killing the trainees made the villains legitimate. Can't wait for the fillers to disappoint
-The mermaid in the morphing sequence has nipples. What?
-Unlike Goggle V, the team's first battle was fairly realistic
-The interior of the villain's base is very well done and menacing

The bad:
-Hmmm...pretty much anything bad would deserve a spot in the "funny" section.

The funny:
-Commander Ibuki terrorizing the would-be rangers was over-the-top funny
-The foot soldiers introduction looked like a bad music video

Flashman

The good:
-The ranger suits are really good. Their alien clothes are just as nice.
-The villains look incredible. If there's one thing I like about late-80's-early 90's Sentai, it's that the villains would stand out from the MotW by showing the actor's faces. It also allows the villain to convey more emotion than animatronics could ever do.
-The interior of the villain's base looks dark and menacing. It has a very outer space feel I'm not used to.
-Ley Nefel is the sexiest villainess I've ever seen in Sentai.
-The Flashmen have big giant guns.

The bad:
-Uhhh...

The funny:
-What if Alpha 5 could fire lasers? Watch this episode to find out.
-I know this is Sentai, where everything relevant takes place in rock quarries, but...what are civilians doing in the middle of nowhere?

Gingaman

The good:
-Ranger suits look nice yada yada
-The roll call music is really good
-The first fight is...okay.

The bad:
-The villains suck. The Red Ranger wrecks all of them in seconds.
-The fight would've sucked if the theme wasn't playing

The funny:
-The writer thought it was smart idea to have all the main villains lose to a single ranger in the first episode.
-Seeing Villamax as a gun-wielding jagoff has turned my world upside-down