Was Zidane that much of a bad character? I wouldn't agree to this, generally I would say that he is a good character in the Final Fantasy games. His caring qualities towards his friends is very touching and admirable.

I can attest that there is no character in any game that is 100% flawless, and so is Zidane. He do have his flaws and downside but that doesn't really make him bad.

Meh. Zidane has a different personality compared to Cloud and Squall. He is more of a happy-go-lucky but mature type of guy. Meanwhile, Cloud and Squall rain down on everyone's party.

I think Zidane is no doubt one of the most dominant Final Fantasy characters. He is a very powerful death angel. But who knows, Cloud has the higher chance of success also. I need to see more about them.

Zidane is still a fantastic character and has one of the most lovable designs in the entire series. He makes Final Fantasy IX an even better game than it already is, but he just doesn't quite reach the height that the protagonists do in their respective titles.But my one big problem with him is that I never felt that he was as integrated into the story as much as I wanted him to be. Yes, he grows to care about what is happening and clearly will do whatever it takes, but I just couldn't grow as attached to him as I would have liked to. He's a fun character to follow throughout Final Fantasy IX's story and events. You never get bored viewing his antics.

Probably since I don't like it, and I know nobody that actually like it!

I think Zidane is kind of the hero or main protagonist in Final Fantasy IX, and is a thief that works for a theater group that is going to kidnap the princess. They say he is a nice guy and is always ready to help people out,who need it -and he sounds like a ok dude !

I am not quite sure if Zidane is really the lead hero in Final Fastasy 9 because I played it years ago. I played final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 and on my opinion he is the hero that doesn't appeal to much to me. His graphics and design is not really interesting maybe because he is small so there's not too much detail to his character. Although I still like a character in Final Fantasy 9, I am not sure if her name is Beatrice or Beatrix.
I agree to your feelings when I first saw Zidane in FF 9 and in Dissidia Final Fantasy. It's like the personality and the appearance of Zidane is funny. I did like his attitude but the moment when you play the role of him, for me, I feel like I'm just a child playing with a monkey or something like that. (Sorry for that.) Overall, the ff9 game is very interesting just like the older series.

No, Zidane does not even come close to being the worst protagonist. FFXII Vaan is far worse. His voice acting and dialogue is awful, he is annoying and clueless, and the story does little to advance what little character he has, through the course of the game. Actually now that I think of it that game is full of terrible characters.

For me I think that Zidane is the fun version among all Final Fantasy lead. In my own perspective , Zidane is playful and more laid back compared to others.

Yes, it's true that the graphics design aren't good compared to other characters but I like his personality. His character is cooler he's not too much serious about things though he tends to be playful with women. He's very friendly and has a positive perspective on life that's what I like most of him.