I am not quite sure if Zidane is really the lead hero in Final Fastasy 9 because I played it years ago. I played final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 and on my opinion he is the hero that doesn't appeal to much to me. His graphics and design is not really interesting maybe because he is small so there's not too much detail to his character. Although I still like a character in Final Fantasy 9, I am not sure if her name is Beatrice or Beatrix.

Meh. Zidane has a different personality compared to Cloud and Squall. He is more of a happy-go-lucky but mature type of guy. Meanwhile, Cloud and Squall rain down on everyone's party.

Meh. Zidane has a different personality compared to Cloud and Squall. He is more of a happy-go-lucky but mature type of guy. Meanwhile, Cloud and Squall rain down on everyone's party.
Apart from being so mature, Zidane enjoys making new friends and is always ready to help those in need. I love the way he is so fast and I guess it is because agility is a requirement for sneaky little thieves. I don't agree with you Juan Dela Cruz, his graphics are great. I love his monkey-like tail which he wiggles around. It is actually kind of cute.

I think cloud and zidane would surely share the place for being worst. I never liked cloud's character development. Zidane pretty much same. I guess they have knack of making better vilians and poor heroes. So it kind of gets you.

Zidane has always been my favorite game character because he such a nice guy and I just like how he really takes care of his friends. I feel good following a character who actually is cheerful and kindhearted.

Well on that part I think Zidane is good to be playful and friendly. He cares too much for his friends too. I remembered Cloud and Squall who are very serious characters in Final Fantasy VII and VIII.

I am not sure he is the worst but you can just tell something is lacking there, especially in terms of leadership. Maybe nice guys do always finish last. Plus I always think of the French soccer play when I see his name on the screen.

In my honest opinion, Zidane is a great character as he is unique for being a protagonist himself not having a common heroic presence/attitude. He is more of a not serious protagonist but has strong character development throughout the game as someone who is as reckless and careless appearance would turn out to be the one who values friendship the most. So for me he's not the worst lead hero in Final Fantasy.

I'm surprised you guys are leaving out Tidus. Tidus vs Zidane...Zidane is more upbeat but holy cow not nearly as whiny as Tidus. He's a good balance of just enough immaturity with enough seriousness to him that he's a really like able main character. Cloud's just super serious all the time and honestly Squall's bipolar- but then again he was supposed to be a woman and people were still too squicky about same gender main relationships so Square decided to make Squall a dude.

Zidane has always been my favorite game character because he such a nice guy and I just like how he really takes care of his friends. I feel good following a character who actually is cheerful and kindhearted.

Your comment sir seems to be contradicting with your avatar. You like zidane but squall seems to be your front avatar which find me confusing. This is just an observation so don't be mad if this is against your true opinion. Zidane for me is yeah good on his friends but I must say that he is the weakest among the three with squall and cloud comparing their limit breaks. With regards to graphics, he seems to fall also in the list for me while squall is in the top with tidus.