Shyni
^ Well, Nexus was rather dark, but it wasn't pessimistic. I really liked that about the show. the whole, "if life knocks you down, get back up" aspect, which they kinda did both figuratively and literally. It was nice. Something like that can give an even more optimistic message since it showed that even when things are horrible, one should always keep trying and never lose hope.

'Course, I'm probably not in the majority here, sadly.

If they do bring it back, please IGNORE the SHOWA. I am DONE hearing about Ultras and the subsequent dickriding they get . It's the hugest crutch I have ever seen in a franchise and is why I am watching Sentai and Kamen Rider. Save for the anniversaries and films, they rarely mention the Showa era and go about their business, Godzilla disowned it and Metal Heroes were their own thing.

If they want success in the 21st Century, cut off the Showa Era fanfiction and do new Ultra shows that are actually not just Ultraman,like exploring more into Ultra Q, have a mutant hero who was oozed on and tohught to be a mythical monster... I have ideas of my own where it would take the Ultraman saga to new heights like a Deep sea Mode .

If they want to have nostalgia, how about they remake the first series in an American film trilogy that's high budget? Wouldn't that be good?

If they do bring it back, please IGNORE the SHOWA. I am DONE hearing about Ultras and the subsequent dickriding they get . It's the hugest crutch I have ever seen in a franchise and is why I am watching Sentai and Kamen Rider. Save for the anniversaries and films, they rarely mention the Showa era and go about their business, Godzilla disowned it and Metal Heroes were their own thing.

If they want success in the 21st Century, cut off the Showa Era fanfiction and do new Ultra shows that are actually not just Ultraman,like exploring more into Ultra Q, have a mutant hero who was oozed on and tohught to be a mythical monster... I have ideas of my own where it would take the Ultraman saga to new heights like a Deep sea Mode .

If they want to have nostalgia, how about they remake the first series in an American film trilogy that's high budget? Wouldn't that be good?

Like I've been saying before, if you want something like the above, something like Ultraman Tiga (itself a reboot) would have to be done. A whole new Ultraman, a whole new universe.

Part of the reason Tiga was made was because Tsuburaya felt that the Showa universe became too complicated and Byzantine, and lost its sense of wonder with each succeeding series (especially the later stuff, which reflected the whole "Star Wars ripoff" thing prevalent in the late 70s/early 80s). They wanted to go back to what made the early shows so great, for a new generation. That would actually work today, if and when Tsuburaya plans its next series.

Unfortunately, Tsuburaya Took A Few WRONG Turns ...

... A whole new Ultraman, a whole new universe.

Part of the reason Tiga was made was because Tsuburaya felt that the Showa universe became too complicated and Byzantine, and lost its sense of wonder with each succeeding series ...

Yes, they created a whole new reality that worked, and was popular.

Then they dropped it like a hot potato, and ran away from it as fast as they could.

Which proved to be, in the long run, a very costly and disasterous decision.

Now, it looks like they're returning to the Tiga/Dyna Universe with Saga, trying to combine the best of both worlds in a last-ditch effort to save the franchise.

I only hope that, it's not too little, too late.

and ultra that has his personality change during battle... sound original to me... :laugh:

Not A Personality Change ...

and ultra that has his personality change during battle... sound original to me... :laugh:

Tiga/Dyna refer to two separate Ultras who were in the same Alternative Universe, not one Ultra with two different personalities.

Tiga came first, found on Earth, and bonded with TPC GUTS Officer Daigo Mandoka. Then, ten years later, Dyna came from space and bonded with TPC SuperGUTS Training Officer Shin Asuka.

What I think you may have been thinking about is that these were the first Ultras who could change physical modes. In their default modes, Tiga and Dyna have access to all their powers. But, when needed, they can shift to a red super-strength mode, or a purple mode (Tiga) for becoming super-fast, or a blue mode (Dyna) for using psychic powers. Coolest thing about these two Ultras! :buttrock:

Last edited:
actually iv'e seen both series... and tiga is a classic:thumbs:... i'm actually referring to the possibility of a different personality ultra... they seemed to be falling flat on that department during battle....

Shyni
What does "different personality ultra" mean exactly? You were referring to the Den-o thing, as in like how Ryoutaro is under the control of the Imagin when he transforms? Well, Ultraman had that since Hayat, didn't it? I mean, the Ultra and the host were two separate beings and all.

S

scikaiju

Not exactly in Hayata's case. If you ever watch the original Japanese version the Hayata e see on screen for... say... 99.5 percent of the show was Ultraman. It was how it was in Ultraman Zero the movie, Hayata was basically sleeping in the back of his mind while Ultraman had full access to his memories. Ultraseven, Mebius, 80 and I think Leo were, as I mentioned in another thread, Ultras who taken human form, usually based on somebody doing something heroic and self sacrificing. And from what I recall of Tiga, they pretty much implied Tiga and Daigi was the same being since Daigo was both human and the light. They really didn't do Ultra and human were separate beings until Jack.