Hey you know about the power rangers franchise it's like the american version of super sentai except they are the foreign adaptations of their "seasons" especially that they insert the predecessors footage in their episodes but anyway here is the main reason why i am writing in this thread is about its about if the popularity of the power rangers franchise is declining you see The latest seasons of power rangers including current one which aired on nickelodeon didn't get the reemerged popularity it once had like the mighty morphin series unlike Ninja turtles and my little pony.

and modern kids are almost not interested in it especially thinking that 'the fighting and mecha' thing comes from japan and complained that the production company should have filmed original footages, i am not kidding check out this video .

[video=youtube;OdLSv-Fz0O0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdLSv-Fz0O0[/video]

Also perhaps one of the reasons that the power rangers franchise declined is because of the internet since many viewers who used it understand where the rangers footage come from and where it is originated like super sentai for example because back then during the rise of the power rangers popularity there was no internet.

And many power rangers series even the current ones didn't have the similar popularity mighty morphin had so it made me think that after supercharge nickelodeon will end partnership with saban brands and stop airing future power rangers seasons,

Older fans prefer mighty morphin version like how the trekkies prefer the original 60's star trek series that boom studios are making a comic book series of the mighty morphin power rangers series which will either be in the family friendly version 'kaboom' or the main one since it wants to be aimed to the older fans.

and i think the "reboot 2017" film won't be greenlighted or cancelled since it has troubled production or something as evidence with the film release date change from 2017 instead of 2016 next year
and if it released or completed i think it will end up as a failure with negative reviews and considered as a box office bomb and won't revive the franchise popularity.

so if the nickelodeon series ends after super dino charge i think there will be no more power rangers series or films made until maybe few years later it will be revived again (or rebooted) only this time with original motifs ,original villains ,original mechas and not based on any sentai series.

So guys do you think power rangers popularity is declining and will end with supercharge?

Lurker
There's the problem: Nickelodeon….. Ok, to be fair, I would say that they at least do things certain companies were afraid to do. Thing is Power Rangers used to be popular in Disney, before it went downhill. Makes me wonder how long Power Rangers will lose popularity once Nickelodeon does it's hiatus and make it feel like they're sabotaging it (like other shows that isn't theirs).

It depends entirely on if the toys are still selling. From my understanding, Bandai counts Super Sentai and Power Rangers as one property when they release their financial reports of toys sold worldwide. On these reports, Sentai/PR consistently ranks something like 4th or 5th behind Yo-kai Watch, Gundam, Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure. So it still is pulling in the bucks. Basically, like its Japanese counterpart, the toy sales for Power Rangers are the main thing keeping the franchise alive. As long as toys are being sold in America, we're going to keep getting more Power Rangers shows.

There's the problem: Nickelodeon….. Ok, to be fair, I would say that they at least do things certain companies were afraid to do. Thing is Power Rangers used to be popular in Disney, before it went downhill. Makes me wonder how long Power Rangers will lose popularity once Nickelodeon does it's hiatus and make it feel like they're sabotaging it (like other shows that isn't theirs).

That is true it seems nickelodeon just rather focus on their original series than the ones made by other companies heck saban brands should have aired power rangers on discovery family or not and if it doesn't work nothing can unless it could be aired on netflix.Also i agree that power rangers used to be popular in disney almost until after spd (i think) that they decided to cancel the series after RPM until saban bought the rights back and depending on how how long Power Rangers will lose popularity once Nickelodeon does it's hiatus i have a feeling it already did and the series will end with dino supercharge on 2016 with "less episodes" on weekdays in other words "burn off form"

It depends entirely on if the toys are still selling. From my understanding, Bandai counts Super Sentai and Power Rangers as one property when they release their financial reports of toys sold worldwide. On these reports, Sentai/PR consistently ranks something like 4th or 5th behind Yo-kai Watch, Gundam, Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure. So it still is pulling in the bucks. Basically, like its Japanese counterpart, the toy sales for Power Rangers are the main thing keeping the franchise alive. As long as toys are being sold in America, we're going to keep getting more Power Rangers shows.

That is true and just like i said in my previous thread (or probably not) when kids watch the show they buy the toys and is the reason the franchise keeps running like what happened to japan with kamen rider and super sentai but unlike their sentai counterparts,the franchise would die with kids no longer interested in buying the toys, why? because with the power rangers show always remaining in hiatus on nickelodeon and kids in this current generation not interested in them that means they won't buy the toys which means the show will be cancelled in 2016 or 2017 which means the franchise will end unless the movie reboot in 2017 will change all that or not.

How hard is it to make a Power Rangers show? Steal the themes from sentai, reuse footage, and add localized languange, bam!

How hard is it to make a Power Rangers show? Steal the themes from sentai, reuse footage, and add localized languange, bam!

Or a change of formula when it is revived again few years later after dino supercharge like airing in a different channel and then have a reboot of the MMPR season but with original footage,mechas and storylines or make a new season but with a original different motif ,new storyline,new monsters and original mechas and not copy themes from sentai,reuse footage and add dubbed english in sentai scenes.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
It is Saban's main thing & Toei & Bandai are behind them. Honestly, I think Netflix is a pretty likely candidate if it doesn't work out with Nick. Maybe even a better candidate than Nick, honestly, because they can release episodes in short bursts of 10-15 two or three times a year, have much tighter series' (could end up being slightly longer than 1 year, but better than Nick's biannual policy) & there's a much better chance of doing well, or being allowed to try new & different things with the show.

However, as well as Netflix seems to be doing, I really don't see it going well for their children demographic. I mean, how many Netflix original Childrens' shows have you heard of?

I think Power Rangers is still popular with kids since I seen buys buy Dino Charge toys at Target and Toys R Us. The show is getting over 1 million views with ratings so far and Episode 7 had over 2 million views. Kids must be watching the show if it's doing that well. I think Power Rangers is doing better on Nick then it was on Disney since Disney hardly market their shows. After SPD, the ratings got worst and they always put the shows on the worst time slots. Not to mention always market the shows on the last minute.

It is Saban's main thing & Toei & Bandai are behind them. Honestly, I think Netflix is a pretty likely candidate if it doesn't work out with Nick. Maybe even a better candidate than Nick, honestly, because they can release episodes in short bursts of 10-15 two or three times a year, have much tighter series' (could end up being slightly longer than 1 year, but better than Nick's biannual policy) & there's a much better chance of doing well, or being allowed to try new & different things with the show.

However, as well as Netflix seems to be doing, I really don't see it going well for their children demographic. I mean, how many Netflix original Childrens' shows have you heard of?

You may be right Netflix's childrens show are hard to get noticed but what choice should we do?,Seeing that nickelodeons partnership with saban brands about to end after dino supercharge airing future PR shows on internet is the only chance they should get to save the franchise and regain popularity (or not) and i think netflix,amazon or yahoo screen would do nicely.

I think Power Rangers is still popular with kids since I seen buys buy Dino Charge toys at Target and Toys R Us. The show is getting over 1 million views with ratings so far and Episode 7 had over 2 million views. Kids must be watching the show if it's doing that well. I think Power Rangers is doing better on Nick then it was on Disney since Disney hardly market their shows. After SPD, the ratings got worst and they always put the shows on the worst time slots. Not to mention always market the shows on the last minute.

That's true but do you think dino charge (and maybe dino supercharge) will resurrect the popularity MMPR has besides MLP and TMNT regained their popularity thanks to their revivedshows.

Samurai help Power Rangers become more mainstream again (Not the same level of MMPR) since it had strong ratings and had good toy sales. It introduced Power Rangers to younger kids that miss out on the Old Saban era and Disney era and had good marketing to it. I don't think Power Rangers will become as mainstream as MMPR once was unless the new movie does well. Megaforce didn't do that great since they didn't had a cool motif to it since the rangers look rather generic. I hear Super Megaforce did pretty well thanks to the nostalgia of the older shows and the key gimmick.