Is Power Rangers Jungle Fury REEEAAALLY That Underrated of a Power Rangers Season?

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I'm currently rewatching Jungle Fury and so far, it's actually pretty interesting even after its' premiere back in 2008. I mean, sure it's not nearly as epic as its' Sentai counterpart, Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. But, it still left a huge enjoyable, fun ride. With Gekiranger, it's like a mix between Star Wars meets Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Where as with Jungle Fury, it's a combination between the Matrix Revolutions, the King Piccolo saga from Dragonball, G Gundam and a little bit of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. The only thing that did hurt this season was the fact that yes, the writing for most of the episodes weren't at their best because it was made during the Writers' Strike back in 2007-2008 and yes, there were some non-union writers who were handling the scripts that Disney didn't want to reveal who it was, but aside from that. I think Jungle Fury is still an enjoyable season to watch. The characters of RJ, Camille, Jarrod/Dai-Shi, and Dominic were pretty much likeable. Fran has a lot of potential of being a decent character, if only she had a better role that was being given to her. And of course, Lily. Oh.....how can you not resist this little hot tamale?!?! Of course, the only weaker link of this season is Casey. I mean, no offense to the actor, but, I just think that Casey's character was kind of a mixed bag for me.

All in all, I still think Jungle Fury is an underrated season that really does deserve a lot of love from most Power Rangers fans.

Now, I wanna hear from you guys, do you believe that Power Rangers Jungle Fury is reaaally that underrated of a season or not?

Let me know.....

NonStereoBlack
It has the terrible problem of competing with an almost perfect sentai season.

I never ended it, so, no, i think its got a fair rating. At best, mediochre.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, it did have some good action & a plot, plus most of the last third of the show was about as good as PR has ever really been.

It was definitely harmed a bit by the writers' strike (& you can see where. Directly following the Jungle Master mode episode up to the rhino ranger getting his zord, there was a fair amount of plot, but the show was boring beyond all reason.) & I can see how it could've been better, seeing as how the show is really starting to get good right around the shark master episode.

Unfortunately, it really wasn't nearly as dark as older seasons, which you ought to expect from a martial arts themed series, & a lot of the things they tried to do with the characters kind of went nowhere. The ones that did were only suddenly remembered & finished up in the last third, or introduced- entirely for the first time- in that last third. Add on a really terrible finale & another completely pointless & time consuming (yes, I get that it was, for whatever reason, mandated, but still...) clip show episode, & you get kind of a boring show by the end. Admittedly, it wasn't as bad as other seasons (Operation Overdrive, Samurai, Megaforce, Turbo), but it was still pretty bad.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, it did have some good action & a plot, plus most of the last third of the show was about as good as PR has ever really been.

It was definitely harmed a bit by the writers' strike (& you can see where. Directly following the Jungle Master mode episode up to the rhino ranger getting his zord, there was a fair amount of plot, but the show was boring beyond all reason.) & I can see how it could've been better, seeing as how the show is really starting to get good right around the shark master episode.

Unfortunately, it really wasn't nearly as dark as older seasons, which you ought to expect from a martial arts themed series, & a lot of the things they tried to do with the characters kind of went nowhere. The ones that did were only suddenly remembered & finished up in the last third, or introduced- entirely for the first time- in that last third. Add on a really terrible finale & another completely pointless & time consuming (yes, I get that it was, for whatever reason, mandated, but still...) clip show episode, & you get kind of a boring show by the end. Admittedly, it wasn't as bad as other seasons (Operation Overdrive, Samurai, Megaforce, Turbo), but it was still pretty bad.

Eh...well, regardless of what other people may say about the finale....I actually thought it was much better than the finale of Power Rangers Ninja Storm. Hell, I didn't even think Power Rangers Ninja Storm was all that great of a Power Rangers season to begin with. But, that's just me. I still thought it was an enjoyable season, no matter what.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Eh...well, regardless of what other people may say about the finale....I actually thought it was much better than the finale of Power Rangers Ninja Storm. Hell, I didn't even think Power Rangers Ninja Storm was all that great of a Power Rangers season to begin with. But, that's just me. I still thought it was an enjoyable season, no matter what.

Well, there you go. Generally, I'm finding more & more that there really isn't all that much of a difference between a good film & a bad one. No real film buff can look you in the eye & say movies like "Jurassic World" or "Mad Max: Fury Road" were actually good by normal standards, but the vast majority of those same people absolutely loved both. (I haven't seen Mad Max, but I agree on JW) If there's anything to like in it whatsoever, then it's open for discussion, but it doesn't really matter whether someone likes something or not. Everyone has their own preferences & opinions.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, there you go. Generally, I'm finding more & more that there really isn't all that much of a difference between a good film & a bad one. No real film buff can look you in the eye & say movies like "Jurassic World" or "Mad Max: Fury Road" were actually good by normal standards, but the vast majority of those same people absolutely loved both. (I haven't seen Mad Max, but I agree on JW) If there's anything to like in it whatsoever, then it's open for discussion, but it doesn't really matter whether someone likes something or not. Everyone has their own preferences & opinions.

Thank you!!!:)