Is Netflix Thinking of Getting Rid Of The Basic Plan?

Staff member
<p>This reporter, like most people on this Earth, doesn’t subscribe to all the streaming services at one time. That would be foolhardy; a human only has so many hours in the day to devote to entertainment, and buying more than you can actually watch makes no sense. So with most of these services I buy access for a few months, watch everything that interests me, and then when I find my interest trailing off I cancel it.</p>

Ariel's Bestfriend
I think they only do this nefarious practice only in developed countries. There is still password sharing in my country and out basic tier is now $4.47 usd. I do have fear they can make this world wide. They crack password sharing to force people to do the ad tier

British Columbia Made
Canadian here, I was about to eat dinner and this news makes me not want to eat dinner anymore. It is so upsetting. I am moving to another service if they did this.

Personally, I've been a loyal subscriber to Netflix's Basic tier for years now. It's been a reliable source of entertainment without burning a hole in my pocket. However, if they decide to eliminate this option and force everyone to pay more, I might have to reconsider my subscription. I understand they need to generate revenue, but it's important to consider the affordability factor for many users like myself. No way I will pay for a tier with ads.The news of Netflix phasing out the Basic tier has left me contemplating whether it's worth continuing my subscription

The news of Netflix phasing out the Basic tier has left me contemplating whether it's worth continuing my subscription. While I enjoy their content, affordability has been a significant factor for me. I hope Netflix takes into account the diverse financial situations of their users and explores alternative strategies to cater to their needs. They can earn money by syndicating their old shows to other streaming services. We canadians are already dealing with a high tax and Netflix does this to us.

Man, I gotta say, this whole Netflix Basic plan situation has got me scratching my head. So, word on the street is that they're thinking of axing it in Canada. Now, I get that companies need to make money and all, but dang, this move could really rub some folks the wrong way.

I mean, the Basic plan has been a lifesaver for me and many others. It's been the go-to choice for budget-conscious streamers who want a taste of that Netflix goodness without breaking the bank. But if they go ahead and nix it, what are we supposed to do? Just fork out more dough for the fancier tiers? Not cool, Netflix, not cool.

Sure, they might argue that they need to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing streaming landscape. But hey, what about us loyal customers who have stuck around through thick and thin? It's like they're forgetting that not everyone can afford to dish out extra cash just for a few more perks.

I hope Netflix takes a step back and realizes the potential fallout from this move. Sure, they might make a quick buck in the short term, but they could end up losing a whole bunch of subscribers in the long run. And that ain't a good look for any company.

Look, I get it. Business is business. But there's gotta be a better way to balance the books without leaving us Basic plan users high and dry. Maybe they could explore other options, like introducing different tiers that cater to different budgets. That way, they can keep us faithful streamers happy and still bring in the moolah.

In the end, it's all about finding that sweet spot between making profits and keeping your customers satisfied. Netflix, please don't forget about us little guys who've been riding this streaming wave with you. Give us a reason to stick around, without emptying our wallets. Trust me, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Samus
You know, when it comes to affordable streaming options, I can't help but mention the Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN package. It's a steal at just $20.00, and you get not one, not two, but three services bundled together.Considering the rising costs of streaming services these days, finding a package that offers multiple services at a discounted price is a total game-changer. It's like getting a three-in-one deal that keeps your entertainment options wide open, all while keeping your wallet happy. more expensive than Netflix basic but at least its more worth the money.

HD

I can't believe Netflix! First, they crack down on password sharing, which was a convenient way for families and friends to enjoy content together. And now, they're planning to remove the Basic tier? It feels like they're just squeezing every penny out of us without considering the impact on their loyal subscribers. I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription now. Netflix has lost touch with its users. They become more arrogant because of their complacency of being on top.

It's Molin time!
Netflix's actions are deeply disappointing. By cracking down on password sharing and planning to remove the Basic tier, they're essentially punishing their customers. It feels like they're taking away the very things that made their service appealing. Instead of fostering loyalty, they're driving their users away. It's a shame to see a company prioritize profits over customer satisfaction.