Because Gentaro (Kamen Rider Fourze) kindly remind me of Kenta Date (Mega Red) and both of show have space thing. The Chairman also remind me of Megaranger villain. And does take place in high school

Is Kamen Rider Fourze a rip-off of Megaranger or not?

Nope, they're handled by the same company so it's not necessarily a rip-off. :thumbs:

And the comparisons you make are kind of pulling at strings. Both are about school so it's understandable that there are similarities.

A lot of seishun high school dramas are very similar in Japan, just keep that in mind. It's pretty normal for both shows to turn out the way they did, especially when you add the Tokusatsu twist.

In the end I feel Fourze pulled off the school theme better - it allowed for more flexibility, whereas Megaranger still felt like generic Sentai.

By the way, I still have a crush on Chisato/MegaYellow :anime:

I actually think Megaranger did the high school thing better. A lot of the characters' drama centered around them being students and having to balance that and their own desires along with their superhero lives. You don't get that to the same extent in Fourze.

I also think Liveman did the "fellow students pitted against each other" better than Fourze, since it took its time to develop the rivalries between the Doctors and our heroes. The Horoscopes could have been that (especially Aquarius, Aries, Cancer and Capricorn), but they got assembly lined toward the end and the other Zodiarts' stories were over in two episodes.

I actually think Megaranger did the high school thing better. A lot of the characters' drama centered around them being students and having to balance that and their own desires along with their superhero lives. You don't get that to the same extent in Fourze.
Actually yeah, I see that. That is true. But I think it just didn't have the same effect as Fourze, which didn't really feel like a typical Kamen Rider. Megaranger did have character drama centred around high school but most of it was typical stock Sentai episode formula. Which worked, but I feel a lot more of the school stuff was sacrificed because a lot of the episode had to be dedicated to the Megaranger fights and the inevitable mech fight. Fourze was a little more flexible on the length of the fights.

Also I think both endings to the series are comparable cause they're both wonderfully emotional. :)

I haven't seen Megaranger, but Fourze wasn't really "about" High School. It was about the joy of youth and friendship. The themes of the show never really revolved around high school drama, except in a few obligatory cases which mostly got dropped after the main cast of the KR Club was cemented in place less than halfway through the series.

Actually yeah, I see that. That is true. But I think it just didn't have the same effect as Fourze, which didn't really feel like a typical Kamen Rider.

What's atypical about Fourze? For post-Kabuto Rider it was fairly typical of what Rider had become.

Megaranger did have character drama centred around high school but most of it was typical stock Sentai episode formula. Which worked, but I feel a lot more of the school stuff was sacrificed because a lot of the episode had to be dedicated to the Megaranger fights and the inevitable mech fight. Fourze was a little more flexible on the length of the fights.

I don't know... I think Megaranger portrayed high school in a more "real life" way, as in this is likely what you might see if you walked into a Japanese school. Fourze simply takes place in a high school but doesn't utilize the dramatic potential in the same way, partly because of how it handled its characters.

With Yuki for instance, you could have had something more than the lunatic cartoon she was reduced to. Going away from Megaranger for a moment, seeing a Megumi - Mazenda rivalry between her and Aquarius (rather than only the kernel of that, obscured by Yuki acting like a nutjob in that arc) would have been cool.

Also I think both endings to the series are comparable cause they're both wonderfully emotional. :)

Again I think Megaranger is a tad better (Also because Fourze's finale has problems). We see the negative effect of the heroes' secret on their classmates; the KRC went back and forth between keeping things secret and waving the bloody shirt for everyone, so to speak. Megaranger's ending also would have been pretty dour were it not for the very last scene.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
My short answer: No

My long answer: I just think it more likely they realised they'd never done a high school theme for Kamen Rider. It is no more an imitation than Wizard is an imitation of Magiranger. The production team cited other shows like Glee as an inspiration for the show, but did not mention Megaranger.

Lurker
It would be less obvious if they weren't so blatantly ripping off Shinkenger now with Gaim now. Absolutely shameless... :shakefist

A while back Turbo Rangers did the high school thing before Mega Rangers & Fourze. So it's nothing new for Toei.

Oniitomaki kita!
How is Gaim a rip-off of Shinkenger? Yeah, they both are inspired by traditional Japanese culture, but besides the occasional intersect of Kabuki motifs Gaim and Shinkenger handle themselves completely different.