Back in Black
I've been thinking that Toei is going into this realm of strange. There are more "mystic" and now "magic" elements to Kamen Rider. There even is a Kamen Rider suit in space.

Would a cyborg be accepted as a Kamen Rider now? Toei has been using customizable belts (as in you can put all sorts of stuff in there to get another form) and weapons to give Riders more power and upgraded forms.

Kamen Riders weren't all about that flashy stuff. They were about protecting people while fighting inner battles.

The basic formula was used and re-used, but it was done in such a way that it was good.

Do Kamen Riders now have a chance, or is there no reason for Toei to even think about them as long as they don't produce many toys? Can we get a new cyborg Rider as a main Rider?

Last edited:
No Fear, No Pain.
I am not one to crush another's dreams...but money shin. Even back in the 70's Ishinomori had to significantly change his original concept to make Kamen Rider more marketable to kids. So as long as the current method keeps making money, classic style riders will probably be kept to movies and specials.

But hey I've been happily proven wrong before. Besides as long as they keep making money they will keep giving it to producers to make more riders while giving them a huge amount of creative freedom...as long as it is marketable. So we still get stories of passion, hope, justice, and some bad ass toys in the process.

Heroes are forever
Riders in space is not new at all. Super-1 was a cyborg too, by the way.

It would work, but it would not be like they used to be at all. Expect a lot of mechanical aspects exploited to add new parts, forms, weapons, etc. for the Rider. Think of Riderman, Birth & Fourze.

Some people might tell you a story about how they will never do it again because people who have actual artificial limbs in real life might be offended.
But, I think if that were true, THE FIRST would have never had a sequel.

Back in Black
I am not one to crush another's dreams...but money shin. Even back in the 70's Ishinomori had to significantly change his original concept to make Kamen Rider more marketable to kids. So as long as the current method keeps making money, classic style riders will probably be kept to movies and specials.

But hey I've been happily proven wrong before. Besides as long as they keep making money they will keep giving it to producers to make more riders while giving them a huge amount of creative freedom...as long as it is marketable. So we still get stories of passion, hope, justice, and some bad ass toys in the process.

Well, maybe we can get classic Riders on specials and have them done well so that it can progress into having classic Rider series.

I would go for some belts without 100 little interchangeable parts that go in it.

Riders in space is not new at all. Super-1 was a cyborg too, by the way.

It would work, but it would not be like they used to be at all. Expect a lot of mechanical aspects exploited to add new parts, forms, weapons, etc. for the Rider. Think of Riderman, Birth & Fourze.

Some people might tell you a story about how they will never do it again because people who have actual artificial limbs in real life might be offended.

I was thinking that someone would say that after all. I'm not sure how to adjust it to what I really would like to say. Black RX also would count.

The problem is the attachments. I think that once Toei can get past the whole belt being able to change forms with changes in parts, then it will heavily rely on guns and swords and energy beams shooting from the chest area and stuff like that.

I don't know about people being offended about artificial limbs. Cyborg Kamen Riders have much more than that. Plus, it would be cool to share a feature with a hero.

Thanks for your inputs.

Aronbafon
Well they could go back to anything. As long as it can marketed well for kids.

Going the Birth/Fourze/Super-1 way with a Cyborg seems the only way we'd be able to get one at this point.

I can't remember well how The First handled that aspect, but, in the Next, Shocker used "nanomachines" to create V3 and the Shocker Riders, so they weren't really cyborgs like the Showa ones and completely avoided any similarities with real artificial limbs.

Last edited:
Back in Black
Well they could go back to anything. As long as it can marketed well for kids.

Going the Birth/Fourze/Super-1 way with a Cyborg seems the only way we'd be able to get one at this point.

I think that they could have handled another Super-1 if they used outer space, but they went with Fourze, and not a cyborg main Rider.

I think that people like Birth because he is like a cross between G3 and a traditional Rider, but I would like to see a Rider whose actual body was changed prior to yelling "Henshin!"

Toei barely is touching that aspect of Kamen Rider which actually got the whole franchise started.

Lurker

But The First shouldn't have had a sequel... Or more specifically, not THAT sequel...

Back in Black
It does abandon the first movie's story. :disappoin

Another question: If The Next was even related to The First, then would that have helped to bring back cyborg Riders?