Is it a good time for FOX to give the FF movie rights to marvel studio?

As most of us has expected Josh trank fantastic four gained negative reviews and failed at the box office so it makes me think that its time that Fox should give the movie rights to marvel studios but there are few problems, Fox’s x-men film franchises are a hit and marvel cancelled the fantastic four comic books due to low sales and didn’t have the popularity it once had which means there is no time for marvel to get the fantastic four film rights from Fox.

However I really think it’s time that the fantastic four movie rights will be given to marvel why? Because like the fantastic four films the punisher films (before giving its film and television rights to marvel studios) are also a failure as it gains negative reviews and low box office all except for that fan film called “dirty laundry†but now that its rights are given to marvel studios the punisher is now a new anti villain character in daredevil season 2 which is a good thing as punisher is considered a anti villain from the beginning in his comic book appearance.

So I think the same thing will happen to fantastic four when it gain a proper and suitable film adaptation in the cinematic universe reboot phase maybe as secondary characters in the cinematic universe or have a TV series aired on Netflix or something when Fox gives its rights to marvel studios.

Digital Artist
I think it's time for Marvel Studios to get their rights back indeed. They waited long enough and this is now the 3rd (or 4th) FF film that failed. And by the way, isn't this thread in the wrong section?

Probably. Just look at the runtime; that's a superhero film sin.

Yeah,Its a good thing i never see it.

I think it's time for Marvel Studios to get their rights back indeed. They waited long enough and this is now the 3rd (or 4th) FF film that failed. And by the way, isn't this thread in the wrong section?

Agreed and to do that we need to petition both fox and marvel studios to let FOX give the fantastic four film rights to marvel studios so they will know what to do with the characters whether they will be secondary character for the films or make it as a tv series.
And as for what you said about wrong section sorry about that. :sweat:

Seems more like Marvel are done with FF, and the movie rights wouldn't interest them much anyway. Of course, they're kind of screwing with X-Men in the same way, so maybe it's just vindictive posturing on their parts.

I think we can all agree that the world needs no more Fantastic Four movies, at least for quite a long time. Probably better as a TV show anyway, right?

Let's be honest, you don't mean "give" you mean "sell". Show business is still a type of business. From a financial point of view, sitting on those rights is easily the best option for Fox. Will they ever sell them? Maybe if/when they think the superhero movie 'bubble' is about to burst.

Seems more like Marvel are done with FF, and the movie rights wouldn't interest them much anyway. Of course, they're kind of screwing with X-Men in the same way, so maybe it's just vindictive posturing on their parts.

I think we can all agree that the world needs no more Fantastic Four movies, at least for quite a long time. Probably better as a TV show anyway, right?

That might be true but still i think someday fox would sell the FF Film rights (including the xmen) to marvel so that they will make a better film adaptation but then again maybe a live tv show might be a good idea including the xmen if marvel studios get its film rights.

Let's be honest, you don't mean "give" you mean "sell". Show business is still a type of business. From a financial point of view, sitting on those rights is easily the best option for Fox. Will they ever sell them? Maybe if/when they think the superhero movie 'bubble' is about to burst.

Yeah its true.

That might be true but still i think someday fox would sell the FF Film rights (including the xmen) to marvel so that they will make a better film adaptation but then again maybe a live tv show might be a good idea including the xmen if marvel studios get its film rights.

You think Fox cares about the quality of adaptation though? Bad movies make big money. Jurassic World, San Andreas, even the Fast and the Furious series. They're not good movies, but people can have fun with them, so they all go see them. If they're making money, they're happy.

Anyway, Fox isn't giving up anything is the point. They could sell back the FF rights, but they probably won't.

You think Fox cares about the quality of adaptation though? Bad movies make big money. Jurassic World, San Andreas, even the Fast and the Furious series. They're not good movies, but people can have fun with them, so they all go see them. If they're making money, they're happy.

Anyway, Fox isn't giving up anything is the point. They could sell back the FF rights, but they probably won't.

Hey jurassic park is a good film along with some of the films of the fast and the furious but you know i agree with the san andreas part however i still think that maybe someday fox would give the rights to marvel studios even though the ff comic books aren't popular anymore which was the reason marvel cancelled it.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I'd say, yes!!! Now would be a good time for Fox to hand over the rights to the Fantastic Four back to Marvel Studios, but....it's gonna have to take some time. Give it about two years from and we'll see what happens.