Banned
compared to Seed and 00...is AGE any good? the character models looks a little to kiddish for me...

The Great Me
I have watched virtually every episode of Gundam AGE up till now and I can tell you, it's good. REALLY good. I definitely recommend watching it. And that's saying something considering I'm a SEED and 00 fan myself and also a Unicorn fan too. It's a good show with a good plot and stuff. Plus, the second story arc's coming this month so go watch the current episodes before it starts. It's a good show and it's about to get even better than it already is.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
I've been enjoying quite a bit. There's been a couple of clunker eps but nothing that's bad enough to put me out of the series so far.

I also have no problems with the artstyle and I like Age-1 Titus. But I'm also a G-Gundam fan so probably at least part of why it doesn't bother me.

AGE is one of those shows where I enjoy watching it for its color and flash. The surface emotions are done well enough that, if you don't really stop to think about it too hard you can get into the flow.

The problem is that if you DO stop to think about it, you start running into a lot of issues with the narrative. It runs pretty heavily on Idiot Plot a lot of the time (in that everyone but Grodik and Wolfe is an idiot) and the Faradin arc in particular doesn't really make much sense when you really look at it closely. It really plays off as a plot that would work a lot better for a JRPG than an anime.

Now, this is a problem but at the same time AGE has a leg up on 00 in that, unlike Setsuna's Stupid Adventures, the plot does not actively try to force you to pay attention to its dumber elements unless you want to.

It also has the issue that sometimes mecha like the Titus and Spallow (as well as a pretty spoilerific robot that shows up in episode 14) just seem really out of tone, design wise with the story the show is trying to tell. I really like them on their own but they are a little ill-fitting.

So if you want to watch something that can be fun to watch and is fairly well animated AGE does the job. However, iif you're looking for a big, sweeping, intelligent mecha drama... look elsewhere.

Banned
I thought having a middle eastern lead for Gundam 00 was the best gamble Gundam ever took especially considering the reality view of Middle Eastern people today. Plus Setsuna didnt start crying and hurting my ears like Kira...:laugh:

The problem with Setsuna is that the middle eastern decent thing isn't used to any real effect, since he just takes a super Japanese name and a super Japanese value set.

He's a half-assed clone of Sosuke from Full Metal Panic who never has a real character arc or real growth and change. The world just sorta randomly decides to make him god for no real reason.

How?

I'm not trying to get on your case or anything but I'm legitimately curious as to how he was "fine".

I mean, if you just enjoyed his Gundams and the surface concepts at play, okay, maybe that works? But it's really a problem when you realize you could completely remove him from the story and the major plot elements can survive completely unchanged.

Lurker
He's a half-assed clone of Sosuke from Full Metal Panic who never has a real character arc or real growth and change.

That was my theory too. Sosuke was a parody of Heero Yuy and Setsuna was a parody of Sosuke :laugh: