Yes, it was confusing for me at first. Just like playing any other new game the first time. But as I was playing it consistently, I was able to learn some tricks and techniques. There are levels that are so challenging though, you just need hard work and determination.

You have a lot of freedom to customize the characters in Final Fantasy 5 and the job system is fun-but they do say it has a lot of flaws though. The story is rather deep with this game as well,but Final Fantasy 5 only came to the States in late 1999-but it has some good music in it.

In 1999, I've not really began gaming and this is the reason that would have made me not really understand the confusing part of Final Fantasy V. To me, as long as I am able to win with good strategies, I don't really want to bother myself with any other issue anymore.

Not in anyway did I find playing Final Fantasy 5 confusing, it's pretty much that simple for me when it comes to working on several task in the game. You can say that it's graphics is not that exceptional like from series 9 upwards but at least they did a great job with it as well.

You really have a point when you say that the graphics must have been the reason for the complaints. The thing with most of the gaming part was that you find it quite simple and the characters not having lots of options as well.

The only confusion I had in the game is with Faris' Gender because she pretend to be a man in the beginning.

The plot of this game is too simple to be seen as confusing. You must be one of those players who is not comfortable with pixelated graphics.