For me, yes it is but I always play each series twice so it will be so worth playing it. If you think that it is too short for you why don't you just play it twice. I can say that it is not short and it is just enough.
I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. If the game is too short, then it's too short and playing through it multiple times won't change that. If a game has some replay value that's great, but keep in mind that some people simply refuse to play through any games more than once. So it's important for a game to not be too short on the first playthrough.

I find that it allows for a great deal of mobility of when you want to complete particular quests and go adventuring on the side quests.This game knows how to suck you in. The Junction System may seem weird first but offers many possibilities for different combinations. The Story, although getting a little stuck in the end, is pretty epic.

Yeah I am not sure about the whole just play it again theory, but I guess if that works for you then by all means. Too short usually means too easy and that is never a good thing in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that game is not too short. If you really love it and play it slowly to engage deeply into the story and understand it, you will never think that it's a short game. There are lots of things you need to do rather than finishing it. And perfecting their junctions is one of my favorite :D

I didn't think it was too short to be honest. It had a good pace and the story was great(otherwise I would ignore it completely like I do in some games). Games are, in my opinion, only too short when you try to hurry through it. If you took the time to explore and level up then you would see that the game lasts much longer and feels more fulfilling.

By the way, I never bother to check the level system in FF. The only reason I battle is for items and cash lol.

Yep, I don't think it was too short either, and the story was very good, I got totally immersed into it while I was playing. Nothing like exploring the game fully instead of rushing to finish it.

Administrator
Staff member
Topic creator obviously don't play final fantasy 8. It took me 40 hours on my first gameplay and it took me 100 hours when I became a completionist. That game have three freaking disks.

Final Fantasy 4 for even the DS is shorter then this game and ff7. Final Fantasy 7 is indeed mostly longer. But that is only becuase of the mini games. If the mini games were taken away or barely played in 7. And the same in 8. Then mostly final fantasy 7 and 8 would be about the same amount of time.

However, of course 7 is longer because of all the mini games. It can take forever and a day after all to get a golden chocobo and the knights of the round. To get Eden in ff8 not that long.

Then of course you can much more easily break ff8 to make the combat at least a breeze. A lot more people when playing ff7 do not know how to break the game easily or at all. Same goes for ff4 DS.

So overal ff7 is longer because of mini games.
ff4 ds not so much.

I'm not really sure though, because when I played VII it took me quite some time. It took me a while to beat VII though, a lot longer than this one. And as for IV, I think it took me about the same length, not sure. I think this one is too short, the bosses are so easy that fighting normal monsters are more enjoyable. For me, the story is not so good either.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Topic creator obviously don't play final fantasy 8. It took me 40 hours on my first gameplay and it took me 100 hours when I became a completionist. That game have three freaking disks.

Haha, you just robbed it in on the poster mate. Just free up a little bit alright. Anyways, I completely stand in support of your opinion, Final Fantasy 8 isn't short in any way. Your first play took you lesser time than it took me. I'm actually a slow gamer, if I'm not mistaken, it took me close to 65 hours of play.