According to my experience with FF8, it feels too short. Side quests were too little. It really takes a great deal of time to level up. Its art style is okay but how I wish it had a longer motion. What do you think?

FFVIII doesn't feel short to me at all. It doesn't take a lot of time to level in FFVIII because the amount of exp needed per level never changes. FFVIII's story isn't broken up into chapters. To me there is a decent amount of side quest content within the game itself with the most time consuming one probably involving Triple Triad. I'd rather have a few side quests that are truly worth while, than to have a larger quantity of them that don't have that much value/substance behind them. When FFVIII first came out, a good number of the character designs were aimed for that more realistic look. Some of the main cast even wore attire that could match up to what a person would wear in real life.

I don't know if FFVIII is going to get a remake even if the FFVII Remake is successful. FFVIII has a lot of room for improvement if it did get a remake.

FFVIII doesn't feel short to me at all. It doesn't take a lot of time to level in FFVIII because the amount of exp needed per level never changes. FFVIII's story isn't broken up into chapters. To me there is a decent amount of side quest content within the game itself with the most time consuming one probably involving Triple Triad. I'd rather have a few side quests that are truly worth while, than to have a larger quantity of them that don't have that much value/substance behind them. When FFVIII first came out, a good number of the character designs were aimed for that more realistic look. Some of the main cast even wore attire that could match up to what a person would wear in real life.

I don't know if FFVIII is going to get a remake even if the FFVII Remake is successful. FFVIII has a lot of room for improvement if it did get a remake.

Well, I would go with you on this one @bembi. I won't be considering Final Fantasy 8 a short version of the game, it's quite moderate to me and is very good on its storyline. Some gamers might consider it to be am average one which can be argued so, in terms of comparing it to other version of the game, take for instance FF 12. But in general, the game is good to a considerable level to me.

According to my experience with FF8, it feels too short. Side quests were too little. It really takes a great deal of time to level up. Its art style is okay but how I wish it had a longer motion. What do you think?
I feel that the side quests were miniaturized to. They could have done much more on the art style and motion too. Side quests give a gamer the desired additional time and experience to handle the rest of the game and in FFVIII, we were denied a bit of that. I'm not complaining though. The developers made up for that by giving us a good plot and building characters to perfection.

I think game had a decent pace. So it felt short I am guessing. Side quests I agree that were small. But game in itself was not short though. It was good enough with the pace. So I don't think it was too short.

I see they even have a Final Fantasy 8 movie out, which I was watching on YouTube and it was pretty good. I think this game does have some great characters in it though, and they seem to have a nice way about them also- the story and music are very good. It has some good monsters and visuals-also some good combat as well !

No, I don't think it is too short. Just playing through the game for the story without optional content would take 30 - 35 hours, with it it would take up to 50. I would describe the length and amount of content as "just right". That said, I dislike how the random encounters artificially lengthen the game.

For me, yes it is but I always play each series twice so it will be so worth playing it. If you think that it is too short for you why don't you just play it twice. I can say that it is not short and it is just enough.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Finally Fantasy 8 is definitely not too short from my perspective, it's actually a good series of the game am I really enjoyed playing it with all passion. Although some people might consider it to be a bit short, maybe they expected more from what they got and which is why they say it's short.