Would like to change his avatar
Its just that when people talk about Bioman what's mentioned most often is the mecha bit, and Yellow Four's death. (Sadly.)

Don't forget Bio Hunter Silver. I mean, he's cool, but he's also one of the things people single out about the show.

So she didn't even do the voice for her character in episode 10?

A voice actress named Mayumi Tanaka dubbed her in episodes 9 and 10.

Super Moderator
I grew up watching Bioman in the Philippines so that reason why I like it a lot is because of that. Granted, when I chose to watch the Filipinos actors dubbing a Japanese show in English recently, I really can't help but react like this :sly:

she was the first Black Condor type of character in sentai where she was initially ambivalent about being a hero, and I thought that was pretty unique to do with a heroine.

That's the reason why I liked her character. She didn't just jump the gun about being a hero. I was really disappointed with how she died too, but it was the first time I saw one of my favorite heroes die, so that definitely impacted me as a kid.

I personally don't think it's the best sentai ever, since I'm not too much into mech fights, but it's definitely a classic for me.

D

Dr Kain

Bioman is vastly overrated. It is a good show, but it is not even close to the quality some make it out to be.

First off, it seemed cool that they killed off the yellow ranger at first, but when you get over the fact that a ranger died, it was a pointless death. For one thing, you never get to see the actress unhenshined at all during her death episode, which completely ruined the entire emotions you should have felt during her final scene. Then she is just replaced the next episode like nothing at all, and while I love her replacement, it is something that should have been done maybe 3-4 episodes later, not the immediate episode after next. There should have been something to show for the loss of the girl to make the impact of her death detrimental. Instead, she is just as I said, knocked to the sideline for an immediate replacement who just suddenly appears out of nowhere, but we are expected to believe that she too was chosen long ago. I understand the actress dropped out, but that means nothing to me series wise. They really dropped the ball on this opportunity.

Next up, the villians. They started out interesting, with each villian having a monster that follows them and it being a variation of mecha instead of the usual monster of the day growing, but after 20 episodes, they became less interesting. Seeing the same regular monster over just gets tedious, so what did they do? Upgrade them as if that was supposed to fix things. As for Doctor Man himself, he became a lame villian and the most intersting episode was the one where they tried to assassinate him, but then suddenly, he returns but there is no consequence to those that betrayed him other than some quick beating. The only villian I thought really had a bite to him was Silva, but by the end he seemed to be nothing more than a gimmick. Doctor Man had some good development towards the end, but his final scene really did not show it at all, and the other villians also just became mere puppets for they had no development at all.

The plot itself was weak too, as nothing really ever happened after Yellow died. It had some moments, but some of the rangers became out of character in the later half of the series that it also ruined the development for me it had. Not to mention a lot of the plots were just dry and boring.

Like I said, it isn't a bad series, but it is far from being anywhere near as great as it has been praised. As for those who say Sentai died after Bioman, they are dead wrong, because you had Liveman, DaiRanger, KakuRanger, CarRanger, Gingaman, AbaRanger, and GekiRanger long after it.

Would like to change his avatar
As for Doctor Man himself, he became a lame villian and the most intersting episode was the one where they tried to assassinate him, but then suddenly, he returns but there is no consequence to those that betrayed him other than some quick beating.

Did you fall asleep and miss the scene where he was erasing their memories and reprogamming them? :p

Doctor Man had some good development towards the end, but his final scene really did not show it at all, and the other villians also just became mere puppets for they had no development at all.

I thought his final scene was pretty strong. He's dying and losing the last little bit of humanity that Shuuichi is desperately hoping he can reach in order to get him to stop the bomb. He's out of his head in the last scene, not even recognizing Shuuichi or his family picture, and Dr. Man just dies in front of his son, leaving the Bioman to deal with the bomb.

There's some good stuff with Dr. Man, and he's the highlight of the show for me. I think the actor does a great job, and it's sad that he went from playing a great part like that to the silly, unimportant, helium-voiced Gorma chief in Dairanger.

Peek a Boo!
It was the first ever sentai to hit the Philipines and became a gargantuan hit over there. My country and theres seems to have a huge impact on Americas views on toku, strangely enough, and helps mold the fandom.

Bioman was a classis to alot of Pinoys so it's ineviatable it gets that huge of a status, Kinda like Kamen rider Black and Flashman. We keep telling you guys how fricking awesome and amazing the shows are and then you guys see it and go "is that it?"

Bioman was pretty awesome though and tried to do something new and different atleast.

The first Sentai that aired here in the Philippines was JAKQ, it was quite underrated but it was mentioned in a local novel on a scene where to characters of the said novel debated which was a better sentai, JAKQ or Star Rangers/Goranger. The first sentai that became a hit here in the Philippines was Star Rangers/Goranger... and it was later on banned because according to the Pres. Marcos, it distracts kids studies along with Voltes V, Daimos and Mazinger Z. But you were right, Bioman was a gargantuan hit here in the Philippines along with Maskman.

Sage, you misunderstood me. I never said Bioman was bad or anything. I'm just wondering why some say its the best sentai ever.

Because that's their opinion, the end. BTW you still owe me 3 DVDs :loltongue:

Hah since we traded and I gave you 8 DVDs and you gave me 5. I was just half-messing... Remember , Akakage is 8 DVD series??? You gave me 6-10 of don't even recall what series Goggle V or something :loltongue:

Hah since we traded and I gave you 8 DVDs and you gave me 5. I was just half-messing... Remember , Akakage is 8 DVD series??? You gave me 6-10 of don't even recall what series Goggle V or something :loltongue:

Check your PMs Kaiju.