Is anyone else disgusted with the Last Ninja contest from Ninninger?

Well, thats naive of you then. Ive been working in very competitive teams(the best in my country) for most of my high school up until work and always the best ones are those whose members got there and stayed there through competition.

If you think it's offensive I can't help but believe that you've only experienced being in mediocre teams, which is what I'm saying. I mean, being mediocre is okay, if that's all you want. After all, a lot of times, the race just isn't worth it.

Of course, there's unheallthy competition where people drag each other down, but that doesn't happen in Ninninger.

PS. If you think there's a difference between a job and a competition, that also leads to mediocrity. In everything, strive to be the best that you can be, that's the essence of competition.

striving to be the best doesn't necessarily mean beating others to the finishing line at all costs. it's more of competing against yourself in a sense that you overcome your own weaknesses. that has always been the important message conveyed in Sentai. when you're placed in a team with people you don't really like, you just have to bear with it and put aside your differences and feelings to get the job done. that's what I've been taught in my assignment groups at college as well.

Lurker
Well, thats naive of you then. Ive been working in very competitive teams(the best in my country) for most of my high school up until work and always the best ones are those whose members got there and stayed there through competition.

If you think it's offensive I can't help but believe that you've only experienced being in mediocre teams, which is what I'm saying. I mean, being mediocre is okay, if that's all you want. After all, a lot of times, the race just isn't worth it.

Of course, there's unheallthy competition where people drag each other down, but that doesn't happen in Ninninger.

PS. If you think there's a difference between a job and a competition, that also leads to mediocrity. In everything, strive to be the best that you can be, that's the essence of competition.

You make it sound like people who work as a team in workplaces are destined to fail. It's true that the best is picked out of everyone else, but often they also are put into groups. Some of the best works of fiction, media, and nearly everything in the world was made by groups of people. And yes, there's a difference between jobs and competition. Sure there's times where a person has to make the best pitch, but a job requires to do as you're told not being the biggest a huge twat about it.

striving to be the best doesn't necessarily mean beating others to the finishing line at all costs.

True. But none of this happened in Ninninger. The only underhanded thing that happened was Kinji trying to kill people, and that wasn't because of competition, that's because Yoshitaka was a jerk.

In proper competition, there is ethics.

it's more of competing against yourself in a sense that you overcome your own weaknesses.

However, you won't know your own weaknesses and how to improve them if you don't observe what others are doing and using them as a yardstick to try to be the same or better than them. Competition just simply drives excellence.

that has always been the important message conveyed in Sentai. when you're placed in a team with people you don't really like, you just have to bear with it and put aside your differences and feelings to get the job done.

But in Ninninger, they're cousins who grew up together. They already like each other.

that's what I've been taught in my assignment groups at college as well.

Well, if you're all working together, competition will just make you do better. Competition exponentially improves teamwork.

It's not like Ninninger ignores teamwork, too. There's a clear team dynamic as explicitly explored during the Lion Haoh episodes.

You make it sound like people who work as a team in workplaces are destined to fail.

No, I didn't say that. I said lack of competition is a recipe for mediocrity. Mediocrity isn't bad. It's average.

It's true that the best is picked out of everyone else, but often they also are put into groups. Some of the best works of fiction, media, and nearly everything in the world was made by groups of people.

As I said, "groups of people" who all competed with each other in order to be there and keep their spot.

And yes, there's a difference between jobs and competition. Sure there's times where a person has to make the best pitch, but a job requires to do as you're told not being the biggest a huge twat about it.

1. Competition doesn't mean you'll be a huge twat about it. And Ninninger does not teach people to be twats about it, either.
2. You ALWAYS have to make the best pitch about it.
3. A job does not require you to do as you're told. It's to accomplish the task you're given in the best way possible. Everything is about what's the best, who's the best if you want excellence. That's the point. If you want to be mediocre, then that's okay.