It's Judgement Time!
It sounds to me like a couple of you guys read the comics and built up your own elaborate ideas on how it might translate to film. I loved the movie. Saw it today in IMAX 3D and it was fantastic. The witticism and smart remarks of Tony are always funny and I just like the beat of the story. The humor is always refreshing and unexpected. I loved the twist with the Mandarin. I loved the fact that sometimes Tony's suit doesnt work and it leads to awkward and rewarding moments in the midst of a climactic battle.

From the PTSD of New York to the way Tony's past behavior has spawned demons of the present, everything was a blast to watch. This was probably my favorite of the three, although its tough to pick a favorite because I liked the first two pretty equally.

Side note, Japanesefan brought up a slightly good point. "If he could command the armors why waste the time earlier?" Well, if you think about it, Tony didn't command the armors Jarvis did. When Stark was with the kid in Tennessee, Jarvis was recharging. And I imagine the use of the armors was a gambit that Tony needed to save until he knew what the heck was going on.

I though it was a very awesome movie. I'm not that much of a comics guy, but I thought that Guy Pearce did an awesome job playing the Mandarin, so I don't understand why you guys are so upset. The only part I was disappointed/confused about was the end were he gave up being Iron Man and decimated the Iron Legion. He built all that to prepare for another alien invasion, and he destroys it to have a "clean slate"?

BTW:[HIDE]Gwyneth Paltrow has some bangin' abs:thumbs:[/HIDE]
Do you know who/what The Mandarin is in the comic? Because the only similarity between the movie one(both Pearce and Kingsley's post 911 terrorist character) and the comic one is the name. Nothing else about him is the same.

Banned
Do you know who/what The Mandarin is in the comic? Because the only similarity between the movie one(both Pearce and Kingsley's post 911 terrorist character) and the comic one is the name. Nothing else about him is the same.

So what? You guys have the comics. I mean they haven't followed the comics perfectly for any movie about any marvel character. Instead of nitpicking how these movies are not comic literal, why not try and enjoy them for what they are.

Lurker
I can see it was a good movie with a nice mix of action, drama, and comedy... But it's also a check list of things that I, personally, dislike. So the movie is simply not for me :sweat:

So what? You guys have the comics. I mean they haven't followed the comics perfectly for any movie about any marvel character. Instead of nitpicking how these movies are not comic literal, why not try and enjoy them for what they are.
I'm asking him because he said he didn't know much about the comics and wondered why people were upset about The Mandarin not because I'm nit picking anything. Why don't you read my other posts where I said I liked the movie before you go around looking for things to just argue about ok Mr.Needlessly Defiant?

Digital Artist
Man I didn't expect this three-quel to have the second highest opening weekend of all-time behind the Avengers from last year. I also never thought Iron Man would become a household name and an "elite" superhero but these movies have made that become a reality. I can't wait to see this movie and I am trying to avoid reading all spoilers.

D

Dr Kain

Man I didn't expect this three-quel to have the second highest opening weekend of all-time behind the Avengers from last year. I also never thought Iron Man would become a household name and an "elite" superhero but these movies have made that become a reality. I can't wait to see this movie and I am trying to avoid reading all spoilers.

These days, there is no reason to care about the highest openings. When a movie that does not have either an IMAX or a 3D version out and the movie becomes the first or second highest opening of all time, then it will be something worthy of praising. Until then, it is meaningless.

Galaxian, did you not like any of the other movies in the Avengers series? Because if not, then obviously it isn't for you. But then, compared to the garbage that has come out thus far this year, this movie is by far the best. The second best movie of the year right now is Evil Dead, and I give that a 4/10.

Lurker
Galaxian, did you not like any of the other movies in the Avengers series? Because if not, then obviously it isn't for you. But then, compared to the garbage that has come out thus far this year, this movie is by far the best. The second best movie of the year right now is Evil Dead, and I give that a 4/10.

I had no problem with the Avengers or any of the other Phase 1 movies. It's just that Ironman 3 did things that really put me off in this type of production. Foremost was the ending, maybe if certain aspects of are changed in future Marvel movies and my opinion will change (I had a very similar situation with the ending for OOO, which was fixed in Megamax).

Last edited:
These days, there is no reason to care about the highest openings. When a movie that does not have either an IMAX or a 3D version out and the movie becomes the first or second highest opening of all time, then it will be something worthy of praising. Until then, it is meaningless.
Elaborate please cause I ain't following that logic.

Banned
I'm asking him because he said he didn't know much about the comics and wondered why people were upset about The Mandarin not because I'm nit picking anything. Why don't you read my other posts where I said I liked the movie before you go around looking for things to just argue about ok Mr.Needlessly Defiant?

Because people are nitpicking because it's not just like the comic.