Lurker
Waste of $11. It's not a terrible movie, beats the first two (I didn't particularly like either, though so that's not saying much), but even not being a comic fan/purist, Mandarin annoyed me (clever, but no, not for something like this. I'd think a Nolan Batman could pull that off, but not a Marvel), the 3D made it so that action scenes were kind of hard to follow since our eyes couldn't adjust fast enough, and well...it just wasn't overly entertaining.

The one thing I really liked was Tony's PTSD story.

Rhodey...oh Rhodey, if only they'd treat you with more respect and have given you a suit earlier in the final battle. That just really annoyed me. That and destroying the armors; I mean, what happens when the next alien invasion or whatever happens? You could have used all those suits. You can rebuild, but now you're rebuilding from scratch, so you have X number of suits when that happens. You could have had X + 42 (or however many he had).

One thing I still don't get is the Ten Rings. So...was Killian controlling them? We kept hearing that Mandarin controlled them in the press releases and stuff, but that's obviously not true. They weren't even mentioned then, so I'm confused on if that served any point in the final product of the movie. And Killian's final "I am the Mandarin" was stupid. I felt like that was a last ditch line thrown in to try to redeem the Mandarin in the eyes of the fans so it wasn't a complete waste.

One final thing: "Tony Stark will Return"? No. You have not earned what James Bond has earned. You should feel ashamed for putting that in the credits.

Man, I hear some people talking about Bane being a "meh" villain and if you asked me not even three days ago I would agree but this Mandarin **** made even the Bane in Batman and Robin look good. Seriously you don't hype people up for the Mandarin and then spring that crap on us. They wasted so much potential for an awesome villain and what really drove me crazy is all this AIM talk and not once did they hint towards MODOK. Come on!

A simple passerby...
Man, I hear some people talking about Bane being a "meh" villain and if you asked me not even three days ago I would agree but this Mandarin **** made even the Bane in Batman and Robin look good. Seriously you don't hype people up for the Mandarin and then spring that crap on us. They wasted so much potential for an awesome villain and what really drove me crazy is all this AIM talk and not once did they hint towards MODOK. Come on!

Yeah, pretty much this. False advertisement. You gave them an expectation, and all that stuff with [hide]Having Adrian being the founder of AIM... I don't know, I feel like they just made the role bigger than what it was in the comic book just because it was Guy Pearce playing it, and he played it with his typical style of acting seen before in his previous works.[/hide] really bugs me a little. Like, I don't mind and all, but even [hide]Maya's role was... bleh. I mean seriously, now she's dead? What a pointless character, I mean it's mentioned she's responsible for all that but then when it comes to how interesting a character is, she was just bland.[/hide]

S

scikaiju

Saw It today, and you know what I enjoyed it. It had a different feel than the two previous movies and in a good way. I was even alright with Mandarin in this. It made sense for this particular universe they set up.

A simple passerby...
Saw it. Love it. Better than IM2 but not IM1.

I think when they decided to make this whole thing about building up to The Avengers, it may have taken over to focus of most of IM2, which is the only excuse I would accept really. But yeah, despite my complains, it was def better than Part 2. Hated what they did to Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo's character.

Lurker
[hide] The Mandarin to pull a Joker and go to jail only to break out of it, having pretended to be an actor, and letting Killian "think" he's the Mandarin, then leave it off there for Part 4. Had they done that, I would take away my complaints about Pepper having powers, Rhodey not "programmed" to wear Tony's suits but Pepper could, and Tony removing the reactor and the shrapnels after so long? Oh and the Extremis granting everyone the same ability?[/hide]

[hide]
- What's wrong with Pepper getting powers?
- Pepper didn't use Tony's suit. She was just in it while it was being remote controlled by Tony. And that was only possible with that suit. Rhodes wouldn't be able to pilot any of the older suits.
- It was implied he used Extremis to remove the shrapnel.
- Extremis is the same for everyone in the comics as well iirc. Tony's is different because he modified it.

[/hide]

...That sounds an awful lot dumber than what we got frankly.

[hide]Not really, this is what I was hoping for as well. It's a bit cliche sure but at least it would mean the Mandarin isn't wasted on this. The only thing I disliked about the movie was that I was looking forward to Tony vs. the Mandarin and then it just doesn't happen.[/hide]

Lurker
[hide]it was implied he used Extremis to remove the shrapnel
[/hide]

This was not made clear at all.

Not really

Yes really. It's a stunt pulled off in several movies that arent even within real distance of each other (it happend twice in two 2012 movies). It's redundant and unoriginal. I know fans are desperate to salvage their "ideal vision" of the character, but there can be more creative ways around it than rehashing an existing idea which was always the dumbest thing to swallow in the movies it apperared in (other than maybe the one that did it right in "Dark Knight")

A simple passerby...
[hide]
- What's wrong with Pepper getting powers?
- Pepper didn't use Tony's suit. She was just in it while it was being remote controlled by Tony. And that was only possible with that suit. Rhodes wouldn't be able to pilot any of the older suits.
- It was implied he used Extremis to remove the shrapnel.
- Extremis is the same for everyone in the comics as well iirc. Tony's is different because he modified it.

[/hide]

[hide]Pepper getting powers to the point that she could potentially beat the entire team of Avengers in one go of breathing fire all over and having endless regenerating limbs? And then to have Tony remove it "somehow" in the end? C'mon, that's just stupid. She appears to be bitching about Tony being all caught up in his Iron Man work, when she's the one who urged him to save the world in The Avengers. And the other times she appears on screen is being kidnapped, tortured, and somehow miraculously she survives with just enough power to knock out the bad guy... really? Does this sound like Iron Man's the main character or is it 3 minutes of Pott's badassery?

Iron Patriot was able to suit up on someone else, considering it was upgraded and all. I just feel like it not being "coded" for Rhode is stupid, considering the height of the technology, readjustment could possible be made the moment you put it on and it attaches to you. Just had to tell JARVIS what to do, as usual.

Yeah, that wasn't made clear at all. I hated how they referred to the Cocoon he was in as a metaphor only. I wanted to see him pop out of that cocoon with the ability to command the armours, not have those microchips implanted. Btw, if he could have summoned those armours anytime, why not summon it instead of wasting time around with the kid? Jeez... He was such a pointless character. [/hide]