I don't see the craze and why people seem to be okay with upgrading such an expensive device every single year.

I'm good with my Android and will be for some time to come.

I don't see the craze and why people seem to be okay with upgrading such an expensive device every single year.

I'm good with my Android and will be for some time to come.

I just love how people get so easily disappointed when it isn't that much different from the 4 since it's the 3GS for it. What o they expect, to wipe their buts and be their robotic minions?

I find it crazy too for upgrading every single year, even with devices such as the iPad. It's not like they will instantly become useless or die because of an upgrade and upgrading it gets tiresome as you have to constantly transfer and re-transfer your media files from one iDevice to the next in order to keep up when its not that remarkable per year.

That's why I have this policy of waiting every 3-5 years to upgrade a device like an iPod/iPhone and longer as the price goes up unless it really proves to be a significant improvement over the last year's. Even then ,is it really worth it ?

No iPhone 5. This year's update is an incremental one. You'll have to wait until next year for it.

Freaking figures, my update is due right around the time of THIS, and then a year later, they come out with something better. Story of my life. Ah well, at least I can update from my 3G.

Freaking figures, my update is due right around the time of THIS, and then a year later, they come out with something better. Story of my life. Ah well, at least I can update from my 3G.

Should have planned it ahead of time, buddy. Why would you think it wouldn't happen as with the Iphone 3?

Stop raising your expectations high for incremental updates. it gets ridiculously annoying after awhile and its predictable.

Minato Ascending
I'm going to get an iPhone 4S due to several reasons:

-I have $150 upgrade bonus from Sprint.
-I've never owned an iPhone before.
-Sprint is presumably keeping their unlimited data plan, which an iPhone user should be ecstatic about.

There are some other phones that I had contemplated to get, such as Samsung Galaxy S II and Nexus Prime, but iPhone's staggering number of apps and compatibility with iTunes really helped persuade me to get it over other Android phones. And since my current phone is an Android already, I want to check out iPhone 4S, even though I know many of its new features are already available in other phones, and iPhone 5 is just a year away. I think I'll keep 4S for two years, then switch to 5S or some upgraded version of iPhone 5.

Raxbait: Hip
Yeah I think Imma end up getting this one. I just have a regular phone and this one kinda reeled me in with the better camera and processor lol.

Should have planned it ahead of time, buddy. Why would you think it wouldn't happen as with the Iphone 3?

Stop raising your expectations high for incremental updates. it gets ridiculously annoying after awhile and its predictable.

When my parents updated their plan, they gave me and iPhone. I didn't know much of anything about smartphones at the time, and as long as they pay, I'm not in too much of position to complain. Plus, I don't think there's actually a clear-cut time when the 5 is due. I was just bemoaning my bad luck.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
My contract ends in January 22, 2012, I'm getting iPhone 4S from Sprint.

**** YOU, AT&T.

Well I always wanted an iPhone, instead I got one of those flip camera phones. Which is why I got myself an iPod Touch for Christmas since my options were limited.

Supaidaman!
DAT CAMERA.

Alas, 10 months to go on my contract. Really keen to give one a go though, the iPhone 4 is in no way slow.

Not seeing why everyone's so disappointed about it being a '4S' instead of a '5'. It's a decent upgrade as far as internals go, the only thing you'd really need to do to call it a '5' would be to give it a different case.