iPhone4S

Winter Chevalier

Why yes, I do know everything
First of all, mods, if this is the wrong place for this, I applogize ^^;;

So I guess today Apple unveiled their revamped version of the iPhone4

CNN said:
Cupertino, California (CNN) -- Apple on Tuesday unveiled the iPhone 4S, a faster version of its best-selling smartphone that includes a virtual "personal assistant" you can talk to.

And, for the first time, the iPhone will be available on the Sprint wireless network, as well as AT&T and Verizon.

The phone costs from $200 for a model with 16 GB of storage space to $400 for the 64 GB model. Both of those prices are subsidized by the cost of a 2-year wireless contract.

The next-generation iPhone goes on sale on October 14.

iPhone 4S is a "world phone," meaning it will be able to place calls more easily on wireless networks all over the world, not just in the United States.
"What sets [these products] apart and what puts Apple way out front is how they're engineered to work together so well," the company's new CEO, Tim Cook, said at the event.

The phone looks identical to a previous model of the phone, but contains an A5 processor that the company says is up to seven times faster at rendering graphics and twice as fast at processing data than older versions of the iPhone. And it has a personal assistant called "Siri," which takes voice commands and can translate speech into text.

The phone also has "fantastic battery life," allowing people to talk for eight hours on the phone before needing to charge it again, said Phil Schiller, Apple's vice-president for product marketing.

It features an 8 megapixel camera with a better light sensor, making it as good or better than many point-and-shoot devices. It will shoot high-definition video -- and has a new image stabilization feature -- to make your YouTube videos less shaky.

A new voice-recognition feature called Siri will let iPhone users control their phones by talking to them.
"I've been in the AI (artificial intelligence) field a long time. This blows me away," Apple's Scott Forstall, a senior vice-president for iPhone software, said at the event.

In a demo, Forstall asked the phone to "find me a Greek restaurant in Palo Alto." The phone pulled up restaurants from the app Yelp. He asked it what the weather was like today, and the Siri service pulled up the latest weather data.
That drew applause from the audience, according to a live blog on the site GDGT.

Siri also will convert the spoken word into text, allowing people to talk into their phones to send text message.

The voice assistant will be available for the iPhone 4S but apparently not for other gadgets that run iOS 5.

Funnily enough, Siri was already an app that was available on the App Store (I have it on my phone) :redface2:

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
iPhone 4S will be on way to Sprint.

Pre-Order on October 7th. Launching on October 14th. Also, iOS 5 will be available on October 12th.

16 GB - $199
32 GB - $299
64 GB - $399

29wx3f9.jpg

Apple.com/iPhone has been update.

xSHiNOx

Budou though
not too bad. i wanna get it but i'm not signing up a contract to get it. maybe i can find one on craigslist..
was there word on ipod touch generation 5?

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
Here's Angry Aussie's take on it..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWQRu-OX17w&feature=feedu"]iPhone 5 revealed! - WAINGAFAT Wednesday - YouTube[/ame]

Keith Justice

I don't see the craze and why people seem to be okay with upgrading such an expensive device every single year.

I'm good with my Android and will be for some time to come.

Bigdog

I don't see the craze and why people seem to be okay with upgrading such an expensive device every single year.

I'm good with my Android and will be for some time to come.

I just love how people get so easily disappointed when it isn't that much different from the 4 since it's the 3GS for it. What o they expect, to wipe their buts and be their robotic minions?

I find it crazy too for upgrading every single year, even with devices such as the iPad. It's not like they will instantly become useless or die because of an upgrade and upgrading it gets tiresome as you have to constantly transfer and re-transfer your media files from one iDevice to the next in order to keep up when its not that remarkable per year.

That's why I have this policy of waiting every 3-5 years to upgrade a device like an iPod/iPhone and longer as the price goes up unless it really proves to be a significant improvement over the last year's. Even then ,is it really worth it ?

No iPhone 5. This year's update is an incremental one. You'll have to wait until next year for it.

Freaking figures, my update is due right around the time of THIS, and then a year later, they come out with something better. Story of my life. Ah well, at least I can update from my 3G.

Bigdog

Freaking figures, my update is due right around the time of THIS, and then a year later, they come out with something better. Story of my life. Ah well, at least I can update from my 3G.

Should have planned it ahead of time, buddy. Why would you think it wouldn't happen as with the Iphone 3?

Stop raising your expectations high for incremental updates. it gets ridiculously annoying after awhile and its predictable.

FieryRed

Minato Ascending
I'm going to get an iPhone 4S due to several reasons:

-I have $150 upgrade bonus from Sprint.
-I've never owned an iPhone before.
-Sprint is presumably keeping their unlimited data plan, which an iPhone user should be ecstatic about.

There are some other phones that I had contemplated to get, such as Samsung Galaxy S II and Nexus Prime, but iPhone's staggering number of apps and compatibility with iTunes really helped persuade me to get it over other Android phones. And since my current phone is an Android already, I want to check out iPhone 4S, even though I know many of its new features are already available in other phones, and iPhone 5 is just a year away. I think I'll keep 4S for two years, then switch to 5S or some upgraded version of iPhone 5.

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
Yeah I think Imma end up getting this one. I just have a regular phone and this one kinda reeled me in with the better camera and processor lol.

Should have planned it ahead of time, buddy. Why would you think it wouldn't happen as with the Iphone 3?

Stop raising your expectations high for incremental updates. it gets ridiculously annoying after awhile and its predictable.

When my parents updated their plan, they gave me and iPhone. I didn't know much of anything about smartphones at the time, and as long as they pay, I'm not in too much of position to complain. Plus, I don't think there's actually a clear-cut time when the 5 is due. I was just bemoaning my bad luck.

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
My contract ends in January 22, 2012, I'm getting iPhone 4S from Sprint.

**** YOU, AT&T.

Wing Saber

Well I always wanted an iPhone, instead I got one of those flip camera phones. Which is why I got myself an iPod Touch for Christmas since my options were limited.

RaiDK

Supaidaman!
DAT CAMERA.

Alas, 10 months to go on my contract. Really keen to give one a go though, the iPhone 4 is in no way slow.

Not seeing why everyone's so disappointed about it being a '4S' instead of a '5'. It's a decent upgrade as far as internals go, the only thing you'd really need to do to call it a '5' would be to give it a different case.