Introduction Thread - What Was Your Road... to Justice?

A Dancing Machine
Hey guys I am TheShuffleRider92 and I am new to HJU.

I started my Toku journey with Power Rangers since I was 1 at the time it started and I have been constantly watching it every since.

I knew of Tokusatsu when I was in the 5th grade because of the Power Ranger DinoThunder episode "Lost In Translation" and typing in "Japanese Power Rangers" on Google. There is where I discovered Sentai and also Kamen Rider from websites like JapanHero and RangerGallery and kept on going to these websites for more pictures each week until I reached middle school.

I started to watch my first ever piece of Toku in summer 2007, the month before I became a freshman in high school. My first Toku was Kamen Rider Kabuto and I loved every single moment of it because it was new to me, it had action, and it had Tendou!!!!!!! After that I began to watch more shows like Gekiranger and Den-O and try to gather all of this knowledge/history so I can convince people to watch some of these shows since they were cool and they have whole history to them.

Flashing forward to the present, I am now a 20-year-old college student who has watched 14 Kamen Rider shows (Showa and Heisei), 16 Sentai shows, 5 Ultraman shows, and 4 independent Toku shows in the past 6 years. I have made my best friends and my girlfriend watch these shows and they like it as I do (except the girlfriend lol). My mom still doesn't understand why I like these shows but she grew to get over it and accept that I am who I am. And I am proud to say that I am a Toku fan and I will never stop being one. :patriotic:

neat!

Just joined today and would like to say Hello. Name's Miko from Micromatsing.

Been a toku fan since mmpr, and thoroughly enjoyed SPD, though I only went "online" with it when I started watching the Japanese subs and stuck immediately to Kamen rider. I'm mostly a Heisei fan--Kuuga primarily and avidly enjoy collecting merch from time to time, though like many from my generation and those before me I also enjoy the showa series of Black.

I'm mostly drawn in this regard to the aesthetics of Super Imaginative Chogokin, and have been collecting the Kiwamii Tamashii line for a while now, and do some reviews on the side. I also customize figures from that line into characters that haven't been made yet, and I'm very dedicated to improving my skills with it.

Wishes for more Orange Rangers
Looks like no one has posted for quite a long time, hopefully that's alright since this is a sticky.

I watched some of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers when I was younger but my parents heard that it 'caused violence and banned me from watching it. Eventually I started watching Beetleborgs when that came out and I loved it. I dropped my interest in it for year though.

Some time last year towards the end of Akibaranger airing I read about it on TVTropes and I ended up watching all of what had aired up to that point and I loved it. After Akiba finished, I didn't have any interest in getting further into it... and then the second season was announced. I started watching it but quickly grew impatient waiting for new episodes to come out.
I tried watching a few episodes of Power Rangers Megaforce because it was on demand on my TV, but it wasn't that good, so I switched over to Goseiger.

Now I've seen Goseiger, Sun Vulcan, Liveman and Go-Onger. I am waiting for more Akibaranger to be released and I just started Shinkenger.

My main goal is to watch Gokaiger but I want to watch as many other series as I can first, because apparently it make Gokaiger much better.

Last edited:
Karate Bugman (cocoon)
I have been around HJU I think for a year or more but it wasnt untill this week that I gatered enough willpower to register.

I have allwais liked heroes, mecas, anime... that kind of stuff, but 3 years ago I discovered kamen rider and sentai and this has been awesome!! then I found HJU and I felt glad hearing you guys talk about toku and "geeking" cause I wanted to talk about toku too but I wasnt able to.

I wish I could write better in english, so sorry if it isnt perfect

Descends From Shadows
Hello, I am guncannon109. I just came over from TokuNation and I'm new to the forum, but I've had an account here for some odd reason... I honestly don't know why. I am a writer, character designer and token insane thing. I actually just spent the whole day porting over my fan fiction Kamen Rider series Kamen Rider Xtreme over here bit by bit to avoid spamming the forum.

My favorite Toku Shows include Power Rangers Time Force, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Mirai Sentai Timeranger and Kamen Rider W. As for anime, I'll basically watch anything but my favorites include Eureka Seven, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fullmetal Alchemist (the 03 version, not Brotherhood) and Shakugan No Shana.

I get along and discuss all sorts of toku, anime and anything else that comes up with the community here!

... Also, I should note that despite my name, I'm not that big of a gundam fan. I've only seen the movie versions of original Gundam, SEED and SEED Destiny (multiple times I might add) and bits of Wing and OO. I would like to see more, but I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

A true Jack of ALL trades!
I've been hanging out here for nearly three years, might as well tell you lot how I got here.

In 2010 I was introduced to Kamen Rider by a good friend of mine. That specific show was Kamen Rider Decade. He showed me the Den-O Episodes (his favorite Rider) by TV-N. So I went over to their site and joined up their board. Aaaand two months in I got banned for spoilers. For a day. WTF? Honestly, it wasn't even a real spoiler...

Anyway, I started looking for other groups, being disenchanted with them. Then I found this, our fortress of geekatude and a whole new world opened up to me. Here I met W-Time, later becoming Over-Time. Also Grown Ups In Spandex and the Order of Zeronos. I learned more about the fandom. I started listening to podcasts and Vlogs. This place, it really, really opened up my world and introduced me to new people and a whole new fandom.

It also really helped me to look at Anime in a different light as well. That's been a real help, since I host a Dutch rendition of Your Anime Sucks. The production side helps me find new material for better laughs from our audience. We've been doing this event for five years now, I owe it to the great people of this board, and for some part especially Lynxara, that I have grown into a better host and comedian.

I hope this place will keep growing, it deserves the bigest fandom groups in the world. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for creating this wonderfull place. I really feel at home here.

Lurker
Yooo. First time lurker, long time Justice/Tokusatsu nut that happened to dwell to HJU.

I don't know where or how to start, but my enthusiasm with all things Toku started, quite oddly, with Den-O. After that, I watched the Next and even if I haven't dived into the majority of shows out there, I think I am hooked.

Anywhoo, I am Shirogane/Ryo (As you guessed, I love Naoto Shirogane), also a car/motorcycle nut (Yep, for those who kept up on German saloon history, the E38 in my name is in reference to a special BMW), and I own a Honda motorcycle (did so on a whim.) Yoroshiku~.

I thought I had already done this, guess I'll do it now.

I'm Steve Rudzinski, a filmmaker from Pittsburgh, PA. I've been making movies for years and while I'm by no means a "big shot" it makes me enough cash where I don't need a full time job to have a house, car, and food. I've made several features, the slasher/comedy I made last year (Everyone Must DIE!) is currently available in stores/on cable OnDemand nationwide as well as Amazon. Last week I just wrapped shooting on a movie I was hired to direct by a producer, so now I've got to worry about finishing that in Post for a Christmas release.

My latest release was my independent toku, Super Task Force One, which is currently available on DVD and BluRay at www.SuperTaskForce.com. It's been getting good reviews thus far, 4/5s and the like, and I'm currently in talks with Amazon to get it on Video on Demand through them to make it available for just a few bucks. More info on that as I get it.

I got my toku beginning as most red blooded Americans, with MMPR back in the day. I remember seeing episode 1 on its first airing as a child and falling in love. I stuck with Power Rangers most of my life, only falling out in general for a few years. But even when I Was younger I was also into more toku like Ultraman and even the American Guyver films. When I found myself back into Toku and Power Rangers is when I started taking the Japanese genre more seriously, watching a bunch of Super Sentai and loving it. I've since watched other Japanese toku outside of Super Sentai and I've never looked back since.