Introduction Thread - What Was Your Road... to Justice?

Ivahoe and Shark... we welcome you as BROTHERS!!!

Shark, I hope this is the place that sticks. You got one rule to follow:
jesus_says-tshirt.jpg

Do that and all is more than just prime. :thumbs:

Hi there I'm The_Bladesman, Fan of all things giant and/or robot.

Like most of the people I started out a fan of MMPR, something about the zord fights were so awe inspiring, though over the years as I noticed the zord fights get shorter and shorter I started watching abaranger to compensate and from there i would tend to just watch the crossover sentai films since anime tended to give me my robo-fix.

It wasn't till i watched Kamen rider w that my toku love would really explode and I’d end up joining a Kamen rider-rp forum sadly that place didn't last too long and until now I hadn't really considered joining a new toku forum.

Hi there I'm The_Bladesman, Fan of all things giant and/or robot.

Like most of the people I started out a fan of MMPR, something about the zord fights were so awe inspiring, though over the years as I noticed the zord fights get shorter and shorter I started watching abaranger to compensate and from there i would tend to just watch the crossover sentai films since anime tended to give me my robo-fix.

It wasn't till i watched Kamen rider w that my toku love would really explode and I’d end up joining a Kamen rider-rp forum sadly that place didn't last too long and until now I hadn't really considered joining a new toku forum.

Welcome to the team. :)

hey,

so im gonna repost what I posted on another thread i created cause i wasn't able to find this thread. but keith justice navigated me to the right area of this forum.

so here's a little about me.

As soon as I made my account I was hoping that there would be a section on the forum where you could introduce yourself, but given how many forum members there are I realized that would probably be a pain.

But I wanna introduce myself anyways because like I said I've been a long time reader on both the news page and the forums, but this is my first time becoming a member and posting.

I decided to after seeing one of the videos for the Indiegogo Campain Henshin Justice is doing in the what does HJU mean to me.

And given my love of Kamen Rider and the many Sentai Shows and Ultraman, etc. I thought it should be time that I become more involved in this great community.

I've been interested in Tokusatsu since I was a kid and I saw Ultraman in an english dub. Something my father had seen back when he was a kid. Of course it started way before then with cartoons like Voltron and Battle of the Planets.

But that love grew when Saban brought Super Sentai in the form of Power Rangers to the U.S. Then when I got this english language toku magazine at my local comic shop in NYC and found out Power Rangers was based on japanese shows and what the original shows were about my love deepened.

Which then lead me to finding the original shows and watching them. My story is probably typical of a lot of peoples story on this forum. But thats what probably makes this such a great community.

But I love tokusatsu so much that I wanna do what other companies in the 90s couldnt do or didnt do and bring original toku creations to america, to american television with the same production value you get in japan and the same fantastic writing.

I'm an independent film writer and right now I have a project I co-wrote thats going to be shot in thailand (were in early production right now) next year. I'm also working on scripts for other projects that are going to be shot next year.

One of the projects I'm working on with indie producers is going to be a metal hero movie. But we've just started talks on that one. So it probably won't see the light of day till 2014.

And early next year I'm going to be filming a tokusatsu short.

But basically what I wanna do is bring original creations to american television and show that shows just as good as Power Rangers or better can be done on U.S. TV and succeed.

That there is an audience out there for u.s. based original Toku creations and giant monster movies. I know it will be an uphill battle, but we have a very complex plan and a don't give up attitude.

And I hope that when we are able to reveal our ideas to you guys and other toku fans out there that you will take to them just as you took to Kamen Rider, Zyuranger, Dairanger, Gokaiger, Kamen Rider 555, Ultraman, Space Sheriff Gavan and others.

And I hope to also become a long lasting member of this fantastic community of Tokusatsu fans.

シルバー
My first post! Whew, I was looking for awhile if there even was an intro thread :sweat:

Anyways, I've been looking online for a good forum to join to just discuss similar interests with other people. I'm a big Sentai/Power Rangers/Kamen Rider fan. About anything toku related. I'd call it a lifestyle. (Something we could all probably relate to.) I admit I've "lurked" a couple times to get a feel of the forum and ended up joining. There are also items I'd like to sell, buy, and trade on here eventually.

Hello everyone

First time posting here after lurking for a while now. Been a Kamen Rider for almost a year now and I have been getting into Toku more then I have before in the past. I grew up with MMPR and the Showa Godzilla films as a kid back in the 90's. I also I'm a pretty big fan of Ultraman as well.

I'm called Amon after Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman. I'm a big fan of Devilman and other stuff from Go Nagai as well.