Introduction Thread - What Was Your Road... to Justice?

Nice. It's rare that a fan's path doesn't start at MMPR. Welcome to the Halls of Friggin Justice. :thumbs:

Back in Black
Is it? I've never seen a full episode of Power Rangers.

I started with kaiju movies back in the days of VHS. Human transforming heroes started with Ultraman with me.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
Hello everyone, i just registered in the forums this week but my road to justice is a long and epic one (just like every other path to justice mind you).

This is my story:

(Warning: I like to write)

Since I was a little toddler I developed an undying love for giant monsters that destroyed cities for the heck of it (I blame Mazinger Z for that), naturally some of my firsts loves were Ultraman and Godzilla. Well, there was also the Hulk but that´s another story.

I used to watch any old Ultraman episodes that were broadcasted on open TV, this was during the early 90´s and since we didn´t get cable until the 2000´s my only method for watching Godzilla Movies and Ultraman was skimming through channels and pray. Amazingly it worked, which proves that there is a (Mecha)god(zilla) watching over me.

When the Power Rangers begin broadcasting in my country (I am from Mexico) I fell in love with the franchise and saw every season I could up until SPD, which coincidentally became my favorite season, after that I kind of lost interest in the franchise. The little I saw of Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive didn´t seem as good to me.

Going back a little, once the year 2000 arrived we finally got internet for the first time (it was through a 56 kbps modem but hey, it was internet) and since the Godzilla franchise had been recently revived, my Fanboy passion burned like there was no tomorrow. I used to spend hours just researching and gathering pics of the movies I watched as a kid. I particularly remember the Godzilla Stomp site, it has been off-line for years now but luckily I memorized most of the content from the site by carefully reading all of it over and over and over again. I was a bit obsessed.

With the advent of Godzilla Final Wars came an era where the Godzilla fandom started to die down, but I still had the Ultramen to keep me going. Back in those days downloading movies wasn´t really a thing or at least not in Mexico, Kazaa was all the rage for downloading things (i.e. Music) and torrent was unheard of. Eventually the distribution of media files became an important thing and I am even kind of proud to say that the very first movie I downloaded was Ultraman The Next. Yes, I know that Piracy is bad but at that age I didn´t really cared, not to mention that there was no legal way to watch these kind of movies during that time (actually for most of them there still isn´t).

My Toku World was still limited back then, I knew of this “Super Sentai” thing that was the basis for PR, but I didn´t care much about that during that time (it was during my ‘I don´t care about PR´ phase). While I was still during my Ultra-high (stay out of drugs kids) and following the release of Ultraman The Next I started to take interest in “Ultraman Nexus”, I heard some interesting things about it and decided to check it out, so I ended up watching the whole thing on YouTube and I loved every second of it. It is important to highlight that during those days of my youth (that is not over BTW) I had really gotten into Anime like most of the peers of my age and my access to Toku (or Kaiju Eiga as I used to call them) was severely limited, but after watching Nexus I remembered my True Calling and rediscovered the world of Tokusatsu.

And I mean that literally, I discovered that Tokusatsu was actually a thing that unknowingly I had been watching and loving all of my life.

Anyways, it was during one of those Nexus watching sessions that while waiting for the thing to load I read one of the comments for the video that called my eye: it said something along the lines of “Komon is such a crybaby, but at least not as much as Den-O”. This comment striked me as odd because I couldn´t believe there was a bigger crybaby that Komon (don’t take wrong, I still love him). Some time latter while locating the source of the wonder that was Nexus I came across those who subbed it and I saw that this “Den-O” thing had just been finished, I downloaded a few episodes and fell in love with this “Kamen Rider” thing.

That was when I really fell into the rabbit hole and well, let´s just say that 6 years later I have watched like 70% of all things Kamen Rider. Naturally from there I started watching Sentai and pretty much all the Toku I could find, in fact a couple of years ago I started to get into old school Toku. Kamen Rider V3 changed my life and actually I will be getting my own V3 Figuart later this Month. Yes, I also got into Figuarts (I blame Vange1us for that one).

Of course I started to wander around the communities but a lack of time and other factors (i.e. University) prevented me from really joining the communities, I joined a forum back when W was finishing its run and even then I wasn´t all that active. I had actually come across HJU a few times but I never registered for the same reason. This last Year my life took a turn (for the best you could say) and I decided to participate in the communities more actively to share the joy that Tokusatsu brought into my life.

That is my road to justice, maybe I am new in here but looking back to all my experiences I realize that in a way, I was always part of the Toku community. I remember when I watched the Angry Video Game Nerd video about Godzilla games and laughing at all his recounts of watching Godzilla movies because I went through the same things, I remember hearing in one of Igadevil podcasts about how back when the Toku fandom was just starting Godzilla and Ultraman were all the rage and I was taken by surprise because I was there, I joined some (no longer existing) Godzilla forums and I even remember reading Ultraman fanfiction.

Maybe I wasn´t aware of it, but in a way I was always THERE, now I am finally part of HJU and hopefully it will stay that way.

Ok, i think i over did it, hopefully i didn´t bore you, so...let´s get along.

Last edited:
It stinks.
That was a intriguing and fascinating journey to Tokusatsu, Ivanhobe. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Ahoy! The name is Captain Shark and I wondered here because I have nowhere to go! Seriously, a kaiju fan like me has nowhere to go.:disappoin

Last edited:
The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
Welcome to the Halls of Justice Captain Shark!!

And don´t worry, i know how you feel, people always look at me funny whenever i say that Baragon is kind of Cute or that Gamera in Gamera III looks kind of sexy.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
My situation is different, my opinions are so different people hate me over them and I get banned because of mob mentality.:disappoin