Interview with Cabot McMullen, Production Designer of Apple TV+ series, Shrinking

Administrator
<p>Cabot McMullen is an accomplished production designer with a 40 year career in feature films, television, commercials and the stage who has worked with some of the most popular stars in entertainment. His work is currently being seen on the Apple TV+ series Shrinking starring Jason Segel and Harrison Ford. In this interview with Popgeeks, McMullen shares stories of working with everyone from Mariah Carey to Steven Spielberg as we explore his distinguished career highlights.</p>

Under My Spell
I highly recommend watching this series if you haven't seen it yet! The show's clever writing and endearing characters make it a must-watch, even though it's not a comedy. If you've gone through the loss of a loved one, you might find it particularly relatable. Harrison Ford's recent involvement in television/streaming projects, including 1923 and Shrinking, is thrilling to see. As for me, I'm a huge fan of the show!

Entertainment Enthusiast
With this interview I get to learn McMullen's decades of experience in the industry have given him a deep understanding of the technical aspects of production design. Production design is an underappreciated part of the tv and film industry. We get the complete visual experience for the show's narrative thanks to show's unique premise and visual style. McMullen's dedication to the story is what drives his decision to take on a project or not and it shows his passion based from what I saw in the episodes.

3... 2... 1... Krypton
The collaboration with the cast and crew of Shrinking was crucial in bringing the show's vision to life. This probably one of his easiest job since its set to reality. Compare that to Supergirl which has a sci fi fantasy setting but the budget is low.

Hopchester
I don't know who he is but its shocking he worked for many movies and shows that I had watched. He is an unsung hero.

Cabot Mcmullen truly deserves credit for his work, as spending 40+ years in the industry is no easy feat. I am not aware of him, which is unfortunate because it seems like he hasn't received the recognition he deserves.

DJ

McMullen's dedication to storytelling is evident in his decision-making process, which ultimately leads to the success of a project. I loved how he talked about the importance of staying true to the story and the passion that drives his work. The unique premise and visual style of the shows he has worked on really showcase his talent and creativity as a production designer. It's great to see someone with such a deep appreciation for the art of production design, as it truly is an underappreciated part of the industry.

McMullen's dedication to storytelling is evident in his decision-making process, which ultimately leads to the success of a project. I loved how he talked about the importance of staying true to the story and the passion that drives his work. The unique premise and visual style of the shows he has worked on really showcase his talent and creativity as a production designer. It's great to see someone with such a deep appreciation for the art of production design, as it truly is an underappreciated part of the industry.
McMullen's successful project outcomes reflect his strong commitment to storytelling and genuine passion for his work. He demonstrates his talent and creativity as a production designer through a distinctive premise and visual style. His appreciation for the underappreciated art of production design is truly inspiring.