Mothra is bitchin' - one of Toho's best monster characters. If you haven't seen the original then you owe it to yourself to go and watch it. "Sissy butterfly," my eye!

The Mothra trilogy is typical 90s Toho Garbage™ though. Everything they put out between Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah and Godzilla 2000 is pretty awful in general.

Mothra is bitchin' - one of Toho's best monster characters. If you haven't seen the original then you owe it to yourself to go and watch it.

Seen all the Mothra movies, yes, she has a motherly personality which is why she appeals to the female audience. Then again, she also has an Armored Form which can go through Ghidorah like a hot knife through butter.:sweat:

"Sissy butterfly," my eye!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

...in all honesty, the way Mothra performed overall, I'm kind of surprised Toho didn't decide to do a daikaiju tokusatsu; instead of doing the Seishin thing perhaps they should of sticked with what they were good at.

<<

>>

...I'm really inclined for Jet Jaguar to have his own TV series though.:buttrock:

A Man Built a robot with a permanent smile,
Created by scientists with a 60's style.
He grows from 6 to 60 feet,
which comes in handy for whoever he meets.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGUAR!!!:169:

*does air guitar*

We haven't got our Garasharp movie yet and after the Koreans doing D-War-Dragon War, not to mention all the Giant Snake movies made as SyFy Original Movies...you'd think we'd get a turtle/cobra battle already.:shakefist

Speaking of Orca Kaiju, they recreated Moby Dick as a mutated Sperm Whale Monster.:sly:

CURSE YOU SYFY ORIGINALS!!!:shakefist

A Garasharp movie would be very cool, especially if they explore the plot point that Gamera protects monster children as well. Would the baby Garasharp be loyal to Gamera? How would the government react to it? It tickles my speculative side.

Just as they like making disaster movies out of everything, SyFy seems to like making giant monsters out of everything. Mosquitos, crocodiles, pterodactyl, probably others I don't recall. So making a monster out of a Sperm Whale shouldn't surprise me.

Any talk of Gamera reminds me about that. As the rest of the rumor went, it would of starred Leslie Nielsen...:laugh:

R.I.P. "Airplane"/"Naked Gun" dude

I was born in 1989, so I was oblivious to any such rumors. We had a video store which had a couple of the Showa Gamera movies and many more of the Godzilla films. It was a good store to find obscure movies. *nostalgic*

Thank goodness for the Internet!

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to put all the Mothra Eras into one continuity, it kinda fits compared to Godzilla's background which constantly changes.

The Rebirth of Mothra trilogy is definitely in a separate continuity. Their twins are fraternal and have distinct personalities. The ones in the Godzilla continuities...don't. Though the trilogy has given me story ideas involving Belvera and the many types of Mothras that exist.

Rodan fighting Megaguirus would've been cool. It would be a throw back to the 50s flick. Afterall, Rodan did eat him.:sweat:

Anguirus never had his own movie nor did King Seesaw (HAIL CAESAR!!! Friends, Kaiju...lend me your ears.:laugh:). Ironically, Godzilla's Counterattack (aka Gigantis the Fire Monster) was the last of the Godzilla movies I finally got to see...BANANA OIL!:shakefist

The movies would probably need to establish the identities of the monsters. What would be the story motifs and character tics of the movies and monsters?

(BTW, I think you spelled King Caesar's name wrong)

I need to get my handes on the originals of the first and second movie. I've read the original of the first one had been released a couple years back. I wonder if the original of the second movie has been released.

Mothra is bitchin' - one of Toho's best monster characters. If you haven't seen the original then you owe it to yourself to go and watch it. "Sissy butterfly," my eye!

Preach it! :buttrock: (Though the trilogy has some story potential that could be better explored in future movies)

Seen all the Mothra movies, yes, she has a motherly personality which is why she appeals to the female audience. Then again, she also has an Armored Form which can go through Ghidorah like a hot knife through butter.:sweat:

Never underestimate an enormous Mama Bear with a pair of tiny twins or a child they want to protect.

...in all honesty, the way Mothra performed overall, I'm kind of surprised Toho didn't decide to do a daikaiju tokusatsu; instead of doing the Seishin thing perhaps they should of sticked with what they were good at.

A tv series with Mothra makes me happy at the thought of all the possible Mothras that could be seen (Or enemy butterflies/moths with colorful wings).

...I'm really inclined for Jet Jaguar to have his own TV series though.:buttrock:

Jet Jaguar would really need to establish his own identity in order for that to happen. I vaguely remember him being held up in lawsuits before being released in Godzilla Unleashed video game.

Last edited:
The movies would probably need to establish the identities of the monsters. What would be the story motifs and character tics of the movies and monsters?

Well, the two Rodan dramatics are a start. Although, the US portrayed the Rodans choosing to die together dramatic.

(BTW, I think you spelled King Caesar's name wrong)

They're all right actually. But, his Japanese name is Kingu Shisha, which is played on the word "Shishi" or the Guardian Lion Statues in Asian Myth. The US translation was "Seesar" but alternative uses included "Seesaw" and "Caesar" in US print

Jet Jaguar would really need to establish his own identity in order for that to happen.

He is based off of Ultraman and Super Robot, so it would be an easy transition.

Speaking of which, Zone Fighter is a kyodai show that guest starred Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Gigan.

Well, the two Rodan dramatics are a start. Although, the US portrayed the Rodans choosing to die together dramatic.

I wonder how a Rodan film series would work with two Rodans, particulary if they were a couple (Besides a bump in Rodan pr0n). Also, would all the enemies/allies be the flying type. *muses about this*

They're all right actually. But, his Japanese name is Kingu Shisha, which is played on the word "Shishi" or the Guardian Lion Statues in Asian Myth. The US translation was "Seesar" but alternative uses included "Seesaw" and "Caesar" in US print.

Dang "Spell My Name With An S" phenomenom.

Well, I guess King Caesar's films would be influenced by King Shiisa and other Okinawan myths. Anyone want to do research on that?

He is based off of Ultraman and Super Robot, so it would be an easy transition.

Not unless Tsubaraya sues. I think I heard Jet Jaguar was held up from Godzilla video games due to such a dispute. If a tv series ever transpires, they would have to compare Jet Jaguar and Ultraman and set to define their differences.

Speaking of which, Zone Fighter is a kyodai show that guest starred Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Gigan.

I've heard of it. There are clips of nearly every fight online and they are interesting to watch. I wonder if Toho would ever incorporate those monsters into the Godzilla mythos.

In other news, I came across a Godzilla and Gamera crossover piece that is very good. It has kind of a poetic feel, but it's five pages.

the Big G

Hell yeah, I love calling Godzilla the Big G. It's a badass nickname. :thumbs:

I'm a kaiju fan oh yes! I'm especially a fan of the 90s and 2000s movies. My uber favorites being GMK, the Gamera trilogy, Destoroyah, Final Wars, Megaguiras, 90s Mechagodzilla, etc.

I also love some of the oldschool Godzilla movies, especially the original with Dr. Serizawa. Though some of the old ones I find a little boring. But hey, I always respect the Big G. For some reason the oldschool Gamera movies don't really do it for me, but I do love 90s Gams, and in general he's a class act. He's one great turtle! And thanks for the heads-up on the Gamera blu-rays, I must get that. Hopefully we get more Godzilla on blu-ray too.

Now, the real question is when is the Big G coming back? Godzilla went on hiatus back in 2004. I hope he's back by 2014, his 60th birthday!

I know there's an American Godzilla flick in the works, which hopefully could be fun, but I'm anxious for the Japanese film series to get rockin' again.

Last edited:
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Hell yeah, I love calling Godzilla the Big G. It's a badass nickname. :thumbs:

I'm a kaiju fan oh yes! I'm especially a fan of the 90s and 2000s movies. My uber favorites being GMK, the Gamera trilogy, Destoroyah, Final Wars, Megaguiras, 90s Mechagodzilla, etc.

I also love some of the oldschool Godzilla movies, especially the original with Dr. Serizawa. Though some of the old ones I find a little boring. But hey, I always respect the Big G. For some reason the oldschool Gamera movies don't really do it for me, but I do love 90s Gams, and in general he's a class act. He's one great turtle! And thanks for the heads-up on the Gamera blu-rays, I must get that. Hopefully we get more Godzilla on blu-ray too.

Now, the real question is when is the Big G coming back? Godzilla went on hiatus back in 2004. I hope he's back by 2014, his 60th birthday!

I know there's an American Godzilla flick in the works, which hopefully could be fun, but I'm anxious for the Japanese film series to get rockin' again.
Glad to see other kaiju fans. xD

Old school Gamera definitely isn't for everyone. I must admit that as enthusiastic as I am about the movies they can still sometimes get me a little sleep. :laugh:

There's going to be another Godzilla movie in 2012 so he'll be back sooner than you think! I'm hoping that there's enough hype around the movie to prompt some Blu-ray releases of other Godzilla movies.

BTW, did you guys know that Godzilla vs. Megalon and Destroy All Monsters is going to get DVD and Blu-ray treatment by Media Blasters? There's no official word from Media Blasters on this but there should be official word from them soon.

Hell yeah, I love calling Godzilla the Big G. It's a badass nickname. :thumbs:.

Randy from Godzilla the Series loves to nickname him "G-man." He acts like a defensive brother whenever someone criticizes the G-man.

I just saw the Gamera trilogy - it's available legally online, though dubbed - and I enjoyed it. I haven't seen the first one in a darn while, which increased the enjoyment.

A fanfic series I have planned has a main cast that composes of characters from the Heisei era, though ones from other eras will appear as well.

I also love some of the oldschool Godzilla movies, especially the original with Dr. Serizawa. Though some of the old ones I find a little boring. But hey, I always respect the Big G. For some reason the oldschool Gamera movies don't really do it for me, but I do love 90s Gams, and in general he's a class act. He's one great turtle!

I need to rewatch the Showa Godzilla movies. It's been a while.

I love to watch the Showa Gamera movies so I could imagine how they could be reimagined in a modern context. I also recommend Gamera the Brave. It's a kids movie, but it's pretty good and was directed by Ryuta Tasaki.

There's going to be another Godzilla movie in 2012 so he'll be back sooner than you think!

I've heard they are going to be pretty faithful to the original material. I wonder if there would be any other monsters in the movie and if so, whether they would be old monsters or new ones.

BTW, did you guys know that Godzilla vs. Megalon and Destroy All Monsters is going to get DVD and Blu-ray treatment by Media Blasters? There's no official word from Media Blasters on this but there should be official word from them soon.

I still have the VHS tapes for both. I don't know about buying DVDs of all the movies. Money and all.

Last edited:
Thread bump!

Gamera's wikipedia article notes "Lately, a new Gamera film has been talked about for 2012 and will be in 3D."

We all know wikipedia's dubious reputation and all, so can someone on there ask for source citation?

SLICE
On the subject of Showa Gamera, I'd just like to note that the original Ultraman and UltraSeven series had equal if not superior monster costumes, despite being older AND made on less of a budget (...maybe)

........chew on that, terrible terrible Gamera movies....

AKA I'm not the biggest fan of old school Gamera. Except Gyaos. I love Gyaos.