HEROW

From Wiki:

Immortals is an upcoming 2011 fantasy-action drama film directed by Tarsem Singh and starring Henry Cavill, Freida Pinto, and Mickey Rourke. The film was previously named Dawn of War and War of the Gods before being officially named Immortals and is loosely based on the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur and the Titanomachy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VdONYkKFmQ"]YouTube - Immortals - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]
- Thanks Keith for the trailer.

OH YEAH!!! :castlerock:

Throwing Some Justice!
Yeah, I been keeping track of this movie, ever since it's announement. The movie title used to be War of the Gods, but I'm fine with Immortals.

As for the trailer, looks good.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWwdO1PjKs"]Immortals - Official Trailer 2 [HD][/ame]

Banned
looks like a poor-man's version of 300+Clash of the Titans...

will wait for reviews before seeing it...

CPS

Let the mythological clusterfucking begin! :redface2:

Let the mythological clusterfucking begin! :redface2:

I don't really like any of Hollywood's bastardizations of Classical and European culture. I hated both versions of the Clash of the Titans since it felt too Western and inaccurate to the myths, especially the inclusion of the Kraken. I love/hate 300 because its the closest we'll get to a slightly accurate depiction. Troy is good , but not even close to how it really is historically and in the poems; It's basically what they were planning to do for Akira and age them. It got me interested in it. i won't see Beowulf because of this.

I'm just turned off by the Bunny helmeted Mickey Rourke. With him wearing that, it makes the whole film seem as a demented version of the Wild Beasts children's story. When has half-assing a movie became a fad ? Because this whole film from the trailers looks like deleted acidtrips from 300. Like that film wasn't crazy enough.

I thought this was the film about the Midnighters. Sucks it isn't.

Last edited:

CPS

I don't really like any of Hollywood's bastardizations of Classical and European culture. I hated both versions of the Clash of the Titans since it felt too Western and inaccurate to the myths, especially the inclusion of the Kraken. I love/hate 300 because its the closest we'll get to a slightly accurate depiction. Troy is good , but not even close to how it really is historically and in the poems; It's basically what they were planning to do for Akira and age them. It got me interested in it. i won't see Beowulf because of this.

I'm just turned off by the Bunny helmeted Mickey Rourke. With him wearing that, it makes the whole film seem as a demented version of the Wild Beasts children's story. When has half-assing a movie became a fad ? Because this whole film from the trailers looks like deleted acidtrips from 300. Like that film wasn't crazy enough.

Half my friends think God of War is mythologically accurate. It burns.

HEROW

Hated both COTT too, and love/hate 300 as well... Partly because I've read the comics prior to the movie which somewhat adds a whole lot of drama to what the Spartans had to go through with the invading Persian Army, which I thought was good. The movie version did have great action scenes, but I felt like it was repackaged to be able to be understood by the masses, since I admit that the 300 graphic novel was very deep. Regarding Troy, I thought it was actually a realistic take on the poem by Homer, since when you look at it, all the events in the poem minus the goddesses' test for Paris was shown but was given a realistic cause rather than make it like the gods were a big factor. The Immortals for me seems to be a B-rated 300, though I think it's still up for grabs since I haven't seen it. Just because the trailers aren't really attractive, doesn't mean the movie would suck... Because we did get a lot of awesome trailers for sucky movies... *cough*Clash of the Titans Remake*cough*

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSmJ5UXtUnk"]Immortals (2011) Amazing New Trailer #3 - HD Movie - YouTube[/ame]

HEROW
Awesome new trailer, I'm thinking that their earlier trailer wasn't that impressive since they had a limited set of footage to work with.