The Bun Is In Your Mind
I'm thinking of starting with Mobile Suit Gundam Wing simply because it's the one that introduced me and everyone else to the franchise. I watched all of Wing, Endless Waltz, a few of Mobile Suit Gundam, and one episode of G. But I for the life of me can't remember anything about it.

I just have these Questions:

1) What has the franchise been up to since I left?

2) Who is who and what is what?

3) What is the overall plot of the franchise?

4) How do I tell which Gundam is which? Is there a Visual Guide or chart?

5) What is the order of each series?

6) Does BOA still make Gundam Toys? If not, why?

Read my smart post
1) 4 full series, none of them related to the UC. A movie, Unicorn, that is in the UC

2) Stop being lazy and read the link dchoc gave you...

3) There's the UC, and the alternate timeline series

4) You tell them apart by how they look...

5) Remember that link? Yeah

6) Good question, I think they might since 00's got dubbed so it seems only natural to want to release toys

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Okay... Check this then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam

At the bottom is the list of Gundam anime. Pick, choose, read, and then watch. :thumbs:

Folks will have different opinions on the different series. It's better that you experience it for yourself. Just my 2 cents. :thumbs:

DH, your questions seems to evolve along the overall franchise. To answer some of your queries;

Aside from UC, which are related to each Gendum...I mean, Gundam series, everything is set in their own AU, hence the plotline etc are different with few similarities.

Who is who? Yoshiyuki Tomino. Char Aznable and his 'clones'. That is all you need to know.

What is what? This is a bit complex to put into words. Read the Wiki to read some of the well known terms such as Newtype, Innovator, Coordinator etc.

If you're asking which you should start, try SEED. Then you can go and try older series such as Zeta, ZZ (anime ja nai!) or 08th MS Team.

You might also want to try the Gundam Official page that has stuff on much of the pre-Gundam 00 shows and movies, as well as terms used within them.

The thing to keep in mind with a lot of these shows is that the Universal Century shows (which are the original through Victory Gundam TV series, the 08th MS Team, 0080, 0083 and Unicorn OVAs, and the Char's Counter Attack and F91 movies) are connected by a single timeline.

The others all exist in their own, different timelines unconnected to each other (save for Turn A Gundam, but that one's still debatable over if it's actually connected or just being its own weird little thing).