http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...gers-episodes?abthid=51d4dee7a1123db85c000023

Didnt see this here so I thought I'd post it.

So IGN, love em or hate em, has posted their Top 25 best Power Rangers episodes. (I assume they only did up to Alien Rangers)

And, DISCUSS!

Meh. Its nice they did do it, but it is just the same lame BS when it comes to these types. MMPR was not the end all and it frankly sucked in comparison to the seasons afterward. Though it did start the franchise, MMPR was nothing really special in retrospect, kinda like Transformers G1. There are elements which make it awesome and certain arcs do make it great [when it chose to tell a story] , but most of what we remember is a minority of the series. At least it never made a film tied to the show and recanted every single change, leading to a horrible last season that made Headmasters gold.[why it never was brought here and dubbed is beyond me]

The first five episodes, Green with Evil, When Green Loses Powers, Thunderzords, White Ranger, Replacements and then Ninjazords. The plot-worthy episodes could basically be the only ones left standing and we get roughly the same amount that Sentai usually gets.

Basically, 12 for Season 1
23 from Season 2
15 for Season 3

Total of plot episodes= 51

That's right, the entire three year run could basically been a single 51 episode year series.

Out of these 51 , I'd say:

Day of the Dumpster
Green With Evil
White Ranger reveal
Replacement episode
Ninjazords
And Kat's debut as the Pink Ranger.

Agreed... it's as if that's the only season that ever existed and 80% of those episodes are just friggin' awful compared to a lot of genuinely good episodes that have been created since.

Lurker
Agreed... it's as if that's the only season that ever existed and 80% of those episodes are just friggin' awful compared to a lot of genuinely good episodes that have been created since.

I also agree

one of my favorite two parters was the introductions of Lord Zedd, that **** was by far the most menacing villian they ever had on the show

which was called The Mutiny, Part I & II was one my favorites next to all the ones you guys had previously mentioned.

Some kind of Beast mode
3rded, not even surprised all of those episodes are from MM. As said so much better was made after MM.

Lurker
I also agree

one of my favorite two parters was the introductions of Lord Zedd, that **** was by far the most menacing villian they ever had on the show

which was called The Mutiny, Part I & II was one my favorites next to all the ones you guys had previously mentioned.

Mutiny was a three parter.

If I had to sit down and choose between something like Time Force and MMPR, I'd pick MMPR anyday of the week. The truth is nobody cares about the later series except nerds and loyalists, MMPR is where the mainstream relevancy, heart and charm is, and I've seen a lot of those eps on IGN and don't find them a chore at all. Probably the biggest reason I enjoy Megaforce right now is because it's not doing anything MMPR didnt do, yet everyone loves to pick the show apart now because their "tastes are more sophisticated", which more often than not basicly translates to "I want my shows to be all be consequentual and dark because I'm a miserable git"

People only rag on MMPR because it's the "cool" thing to do, in truth they've just grown out of the show. Fans like me havent and can still enjoy it.

I thought the reviewer did an ace job in selecting the episodes (though the christmas special being in the top five is weird), and coming up with intelligent reasons as to why those eps deserved merit. It's far easier to pick apart an MMPR episode than it is to actually take it at face vaule and praise it for what it did right rather than wrong.

Articles like this are fantastic. A site as high profile as this saying "hey, this early 90s show wasnt that bad when evaluating it's early days" is hopefully the first in the long awaited nail in the "shows from your childhood suck nowadays" fad that has plauged the internet for a decade now. Pay no attention to what the hive mind of aging fans think folks, MMPR still has legs.

Oh, and I still love TF G1. Not just for nostalgic value. That, BW, TF Animated, and even BM and Car Robots are better than that shite Prime show.

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Idk man, I love MM and you're right about the reasons why it's still so fondly remembered and held in high regard, but I think it's pretty obvious that there were series just overall better in every aspect than MM.

I would say Zeo is something of an extension of MM (because of the cast) and it was loads better. That is when PR was est. and they knew what they wanted to do.

If MM wasn't milked dry, Zeo or I guess I should say Dairanger would have had a better following and other seasons probably wouldn't have been overlooked because of there more or less equal amount episodes.

There were better seasons but the mass audience only watched MMPR and maybe Zeo and Turbo so i can understand why IGN is catering to that demographic only.

Digital Artist
I thought the list was pretty good. There were some episodes that shocked me (Dreaming of a White Ranger, Storybook Rangers) but most of them were ones that I would've put in myself. Did not like The Ninja Encounter being in it though. It should be on the Honorable Mention list instead.