Suppose it had been Maskman that had been adapted into Season 1 of MMPR instead of Zyuranger. What would you think Saban would have done with the footage? My immediate guesses:

1) (Obviously) no gender-bending Yellow. The costumes would match perfectly with the cast.

2) X1 Mask would be a continuous character with American footage made to compensate his one-episode existence in Maskman. He'd probably be relegated to fighting mooks most of the time.

3) Galaxy Robo would be X1 Mask's zord with a new cockpit fitted for him.

D

Dr Kain

I honestly don't think the show would have succeeded. Power Rangers worked with ZyuRanger because of its themes, it is the first Sentai series that really made use of their mech battles being more than just a boring cliche formula as there were actually battles, and because of its timing. Honestly, it was a fluke. I fell in love with the show the moment I first read about it in a toy magazine (which had also spoiled that there was going to be a sixth ranger), but I don't think the series would have been as successful had it come out even a year later.

Well the question isn't whether or not it would have succeeded, but what you think Saban would have done with the footage based on what he did do with Zyuranger.